Can Sup Forums agree on this?

Can Sup Forums agree on this?

>m-muh last few minutes of starless

sort yourself out

/thread

Sort yourselves out. Specifically, sort your necks into nooses, because ItCotCK fucking pales in comparison to Red with its wimpy Mellotrons and pseudo-jazz shit.

No.

Nah
LTIA>ITCOTCK>Discipline>Red>others

Goddamn right. Red or Dead.

ITCOTCK > LTIA > ITWOP > Red > Discipline > others
my take anyways

Starless and Bible Black > others

>sort yourself out
Peterson General?

*blocks your path*

ITCOTCK is one of the greatest debut albums of all time but red is a greater achievement in virtually every way tbqhwu senpai

ITCOTCK > Islands > Lizard > Red > Discipline > everything else

I realize this is totally just taste though in terms of quality people could make a ton of different assessments. KC is the best band of the 70s fight me.

Lark's Tongues is better than both.

honestly what makes Red such an achievement? I mean I love that record and Starless is GOAT ofc but ITCOTCK is insane like how does that album even exist

One word: Production.

Tell me Red couldn't have come out on 1985.

ITCOTCK sounds pretty 1969.

to me red feels like the culmination of years of working to find and perfecting an original sound. red perfectly blends complexity with accessibility and has one of the best, most climactic endings to an album i've ever heard. i've played both albums to death and personally i can always go back to red, ITCOTCK has grown a little stale for me over the years but its still an undeniable classic, it just doesn't do it for me like red does.

which album would Peterson prefer? my guess would be ITCOTCK because of all the archetypes and fairytale-like properties

This. Discipline is the true alpha record.
>He held a gun in his hand HAHA this is a DANGEROUS PLACE

Side note, when did there become so many KC threads on Sup Forums? I feel like three months ago it was the same way, except with Genesis.

Could have.

Fuck autocorrect.

*teleports behind you*

every few weeks there's cycle where "patricians" listen to dad rock for the first time and realize they basically missed all good music for the last fifty years

Red=Discipline>cock

mad close
ltia>itcock>red>starless and bible black>Discipline>lizard

yess

except RED comes first

I'm not worried

cock is better because it has moonchild (the greatest song of all time) desu

It's actually:
ITCOTCK=Discipline > Red > Larks' > Three of a Perfect Pair > THRAK > Power to Believe > ITWOP > Starless and Bible Black > Beat > Lizard > Islands > ConstruKction of Light

I agree with this ranking and feel like I posted it before but it might be because it's what I think also.

That's weird. No one ever comes up with one-to-one rankings in these threads.

>Three of a Perfect Pair that high
Did I miss something? I hated the rest of the 80's albums after Discipline

The only thing that really brings ToaPP down is Nuages, which is a completely unnecessary instrumental. All of the second side is just as good as Discipline, and much of the first side is good as well, particularly Sleepless and Model Man.

Eh, maybe I just don't like the vibe or something

there's nothing wrong with that though

With that ranking the only album I dislike is ConstrucKtion of Light, and everything from Beat on up is 6/10 or higher (albums I like).

The other 80s Crimson albums are fairly weird in terms of cohesion- neither one flows as cohesively as Discipline, and ToaPP in particular feels very jagged with its side 1 versus side 2. But there's good stuff on both, and if you just want the highlights, the Absent Lovers live album is perfect.

>wimpy Mellotrons and pseudo-jazz shit
>imbailin Red doesn't have those

>ITWOP and Lizard below ToaPP, Thrak and PtB

genius

Everyone's assuming what it means to be worried about that other guy, first off.