I have watched this show twice now. I can honestly say its been a while since I have seen something this good...

I have watched this show twice now. I can honestly say its been a while since I have seen something this good. Anyone else on here see it?

looks gay. no thanks.

Fuck off, shill.

Season 2...where are you...my only love...

Fuck off

On episode five. Easily the best show since Breaking Bad

Honestly, its not a lot of shows that I want a 2nd season. This is one of them.

i was going to watch it but then people started posting stupid articles with muh 80s compared references and praising it exclusively because of the 80s vibe, then i realised its "one of those" shows.

>one of the most derivative shows I've ever seen
>nothing but tropes and cliches
>predicted nearly everything before it happened
>loved the FUCK out of this show anyway

Good writing (but with some cringey dialogue), great characters, excellent pacing. Wish the monster would have been more interesting, but the G-men made up for it.

I haven't seen a more lovable cast of child actors since the Goonies.

I might be a little biased since I really like films like Goonies and Stand by me. I just feel like even the characters I dont like grow on me.

LOVE THIS SHOW!

#80s #Stephen King #kids #nostalgia #transgender #netflixandchill

It does pay great homage to the 80s, but even without the tropes and everything it is still pretty great. I binged it in one night.

Hipster alert

Transgender?? I dont remember that.

The character development is actaully pretty good. I dont think you need to be a hipster to enjoy it.

I was avoiding it at first since I usually assume kid actors will be bad. I was really surprised how good they are when I finally gave it a shot.

>It does pay great homage to the 80s

i lived through all of the 80s, why the fuck should i need o want to relive it again? they are long gone and dead and im glad for it.

fuck revival bullshit.

watch it again. the implications are obvious.

>movies should only take place in this awesome modern time where nothing is wrong I swear guys

More so to the films and books from the 80s. Still is technically just a backdrop to the show. I dont think it takes anything away from it.

Which characters? 11?

Would have been cool if it were set 10 years later.

Yea - it was fucking amazing.

The nostalgia - the cast - the suspense - top notch. Absolutely fucking top notch.

Lol, oh baby 90s kid! (hey arnold lol so good)

>amazing
how to make me not take your opinion with an grain of salt

was it ebic, numb nuts?

>Yea - it was fucking amazing.
>The nostalgia

confirmed for garbage.

Nostalgia doesnt necessary make something bad. I am from the 90s and I still think it is pretty great.

>Nostalgia doesnt necessary make something bad.

of course it fucking does, specially when its done for trendy points and in a literal way. blae runner is special because it gives a futuristic spin to film noir. compare that to this reddit series that just copies muh 80s comfy filmz.

So are movies set in the past a bad thing? Why should it matter? I mean I understand where you are coming from but that seems more based on the audience. Its not like the show is only pandering to people who grew up in the 80s.

(not the person who previously commented) It's not that its set in the past, I'm tired of seeing movies that "pay homage" to directors of the past. Spielberg, Kubrick, Carpenter, Ridley Scott, Scorsese etc etc all took what they loved and made it their own. Guys like Nolan and Abrams are fanboys that just rip off the previous generation's styles without bringing anything really new to the table, aside from CGI, which panders to reddit-tier "filmos" who think that aping previous works and wink-wink-nudge-nudging the audience with obvious referential shots or lines or sound effects makes it genius. I watched the first episode and enjoyed it, but this is just the new face of remakes: more effort put in, but still lacking a creative spark and banking on audiences that fear risking their 10$ on a movie ticket or 8$/month on netflix. The only difference between mongrels that pay to see Transformers, Ghostbusters or Sandler movies and redditors is that they want more fan service and shots/plot points/ styles like the movies they saw as kids.

TL;DR Studios need to greenlight more original productions and hire directors that dont use nostalgia as a crutch instead of giving fanboys the reins to their scripts

>something this good
the show stinks