United States, Myanmar, and Liberia do not use the metric system. Why?

United States, Myanmar, and Liberia do not use the metric system. Why?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=U6xJfP7-HCc
discord.gg/9hKSqmg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Former UK colonies

But why not adopt the metric system? Especially the United States?

Liberia is a former US colony

Because the American People would go ape shit

3rd world countries

Don't want to admit to being wrong.

Tradition and cultural inertia.

Not amerifat, but replacing everything to metric would have astronomical cost.

I believe they should do it though, imperial system has no more purpose and is retarded.

And what is the US? A former UK colony. The US has been around only for a little More than 200 years

So is like a quarter of the planet, yet all but two use metric system.

and whats the UK? a former French colony former german colony former roman colony former celt colony

lets blame the celts

Tradition.

Freedom

Yeah but celts are descended from a migratory push out of Africa

so really it comes round to africans

benis

So America uses imperial system because niggers?

Yeah preddy dumb if you ask me.

Australia came way later yet doesn't share America's mathematical impediment

Inability to agree on anything. Too fucking apathetic to implement. To lazy to do it. Don't really understand they are seen as the nigger nation of the western world. Corporations have not figured out how to make money via a conversion process.

Yes sir

celts migrated from central asia dumbass

Because mathematicians agree that counting in base 12 has more benefits than base 10

Americunt here, you are right.

Sauce

Australia made the call in 1966. Took 2 decades for metric to take hold... but its done now and all the old imperial clowns are dead and people wouldnt have a clue how many thumb lengths make up a yard

Total bullshit

Americans are too dumb to adapt to anything new. Liberians are niggers who just ended a civil war that started before there was a metric system. Myanmar are nab.

only thing about inches is it sounds better when your describing a big dick.
9 inch dick sounds better than 22 centimeter dick

why doesn't niggers speak proper english?
why doesn't fat people eat healthy?
why doesn't indians use toilets?
why doesn't asian use knife and fork?
why doesn't lazy people stop being lazy?
>they're too stipid

It's absolutely true, It's just we have 10 fingers to count on so we do. If we taught children base 12 instead, mathematics would become easier.

Condolences user.

Where do you think everybody migrated from???

You are kidding right. For intuitive, daily maths base10 is far superior. Shifting the decimal point without having to divide everything...

Nah. You are trolling faggot.

22 sounds bigger than 9.
Centimeters can be used more accurately.
In centimetres theres 2.54 measurement units in 1 inch unit.
Centimetre is a larger word than inch.
Dick rating system is better in cm than inches.

Except SAE is not base 12 shitmonger

>Shifting the decimal point
Only if you're trying to divide a base10 number with base12.
Check this out for starters:
youtube.com/watch?v=U6xJfP7-HCc

retard
discord.gg/9hKSqmg

BECAUSE WE ARE FULLY CAPABLE OF USING AND UNDERSTANDING TWO SYSTEMS UNLIKE THE REST OF THE WORLD.

They did it in ancient times that is why we have 12 hours on clocks.

So why do you only use imperial then? I've never talked to an American in my life you understood metric.
Checkmate Atheists.

Who* not you

as celts the culture and race defined by their distinctive language and art? migrated from central Europe around 1400-1000 BC
stop being a stupid nigger

You should talk to some science people one day.

Every human being can be traced back to africa long time ago, so we are all niggers.

Thats what I'm talking about. The smart and higher educated people use metric. 99.9% of Americans don't realize metric even exists, let alone understand it.

Obviously never met an American.
We use both fuck head.
Source: I'm an American construction worker

Time is based on earths rotation seasons & revolutions etc. Weeks & months are human creations. Americans are niggers.
>t.american

And everybody in science fields works in metrics too.

It is, but I stand by it.
>MURICA, FUCK YEAH

EVERY drum of electrical cable is sold in imperial and your electrical codes are written for imperial calculations. Every single run length is organised in imperial. Your electricians wouldnt know a single metric measurement.

Same with plasterboard fitters... carpenters... plumbers

I dispute your claim.

Construction is the last place where metric will take over.

Bullshit cm is not more accurate. Metric is divisible by 5 & 2. Inch and pound is divisible by 2, 3, 4 & 6. This becomes important in machining. I can set a lathe to 1/128 th inch the metric equivalent is a shit ton of microns. French people are stupid and count to ten on their finger tips. Viva le metric! The Sumerians counted finger bones excluding the thumb, which allows complex calculations with only your fingers to keep score.

>99.9% of Americans
Is it hard being so oblivious and retarded?

You say retarded, but it gives the brain exercise
Imperial measurement is reason america put men on the moon first and is why united states is best states

>but i stand by it
Its like the world riding a bicycle with regular tires but you insist on a bike with square tires just to be unique.
Then u realizse its a lot of work to use a square tire bike and dont ride it so you get fat & lazy

>Metric is divisible by 5 & 2. Inch and pound is divisible by 2, 3, 4 & 6

And people say Americans aren't retards, I'm dying our here!

legacy of Isolationist policy?

lol

True, sorry. When I think about SAE I tsnd to forget about the liquid measurements and dates etc. And focus only on measurements of distance. But either way, all of metric is formed around base 10, which is less than optimal.

10/10

tThe guy who constructed my great grand parents house more than a hundred years ago did all his mesurements with a broom stick, i suppose he tought that was a better system.

True story.

>trolololol

So 99% of the world got it wrong and america is onto something the rest of us missed?

>12/12

Metric system can cure cancer without selling meth

t. Myanmar poster.

kek

But it does have a purpose.
It's how things are measured.

Meters are gay.

12/12 kek
Captcha: INCHENNYcourt

eurofags love metric because it makes conversions easier. But when you think about how little you actualy use conversions in your everyday life you realise that base 10 doesnt make things much easier.

What does make things easier is smaller, more easily dividable numbers. So imperial system beats out metric for all nonscientific everyday tasks like carpentry, tailoring, etc..

You realize that the there's nothing special about 1/128 of an inch right?

Also it's almost exactly 0.2mm.

>easier is smaller, more easily dividable numbers.
> smaller
dumb burger did yo hear about Metric prefix?

kys faggot

nice one!

Factually wrong.

Except NASA uses the metric system

MarsClimateOrbiter.jpg

Stay cucked europoor.

and look how a probe of theirs got reamed because some of the parts it used that were made by a contractor stuck to using the imperial measurements?

thing is, if america were to switch to the metric system, it would have to do so in a way that involves ALL of the industries to at least bring a measure of standardization -- especially when ot comes to machinery and electronics

Hate to break it to you, but NASA and nearly every scientific field in America uses metric

>measure freedom

Why bother measuring something that has never existed in the first place?

Mars Climate Orbiter?

We're talking about freedom, not your dick.

>not your dick.

Your taste in dicks is as shitty as ever.

Lost

>new

Liberia was a US colony.

and this

Canadian here, can confirm... I only ever use imperial in my summer job with a construction company, everyhing else is metric.

Liberia was the nigger solution after the civil war.

Liberia failed.

Two words: Gimli Glider.

As a construction worker from a fully metric country... metric is far superior. Every thing is in mm.

Doors are 600, 700 or 800 wide. Ceilings are generally 2400. Power sockets are 150 seperated from AV. Walls are 110mm when you put them on a 90 stud.

And when you pull out your tape measure everything is marked in 10mm & 1000mm (1m) increments. Out to 8m... or 12 if you get the fatmax

Its so intuitive

Fucking dwarves always messing with our systems of measurement.

How many countries on the metric system have been to the moon? Fuck the metric system.

this guy still believes in the moon hahaha

we use metric for ordnance and rounds for our weapons. That's good enough. It's saved the world twice. So put up with our inches, feet, and yards, faggots.

You stupid tin foil wearing asshat fag fucktard inbred piece of shit no-one has been to the moon you ignoramus

Why would we need to go to the moon?

America already did that once and learnt everything there is to learn. Any further trips to the moon are folly... borderline stupid.

Anyone planning manned missions to other planets is just a cheat beating idiot frankly.

imperial measurements - I just picture you faggots sitting around sipping your tea

the U.S. has been to the moon several times asshat
>inb4 it was a hoax

sold, i want imperial in europe