Paramore - After Laughter

>youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZ1s4Pon2Ch9FHr--ORsKmLzn6LTLEnlt

Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLOLgwlEwohNkltPtSyom2MfdHxlSxgfAv
youtube.com/watch?v=4oScRBsOV6I
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm on song 4 and it's guaranteed a 3/5 which is very good for me and could still get a 4/5

what's with the vocals on No Friend?

I love this specific style but I don't know what it's called. It has like a sort of beach carribean feel.

>excited for math rocky album after told you so
>told you so is far and above the most technically complex song on the album and its just paramore with an 80s vibe
:(

Hard times still the best track

A collection of shitty Haim B-sides...oh boy.

Uh oh string squeaks

I don't think this things getting a 4/5

its brett i gud
7.1/10
except Haim to blow it out of the park though

Tf this is unironically good

>math rocky
>told you so
Yeah I kinda noticed that too.

Will this be this year's Carly Rae Jepsen where everyone pretends a pop album is really good?

DUDE 80s LMAO

this

It's the singer of mewithoutyou, as a fan of their stuff the low vocals are completely intentional. Hayley is a giant fan of their work.

The guitar work in Forgiveness is actually pretty ok,

If it's this new pop tyoe stuff youbshould definitely check out Flock of Dimes (Jen Wasner of Wye Oak's solo project) and AT/ALL

Listening now and this is actually really nice.

mega link? archive isn't working

this

anyone got any bands with this sound but with a male singer?

As for the beach carribean pop feel I was referring to which has actually been called Nu-hula, check out the 2014 album from Vacationer called Relief

This will get an 8.4 BNM from p4k

26 was a low point so far.

Agreed

It's the only one

I dunno No Friend isn't exactly rubbing me the right way

fake happy/rose colored boy best songs on album

Welp no 4/5 but it gets a strong 3

>The two best tracks on the album

Alright; mostly finished.

This album is overall disappointing - but not because it is poppy. It is disappointing because thee nailed the poppy stuff WAY better on the self-titled already. Ain't It Fun is better than this entire album.

The vocal production is kinda naff on a lot of it.

Told You So is the best song they've ever done

Just finished. Surprisingly good.
No Friends was p good.
Gonna give it another really critical listen so when I awkwardly bring the CD to the checkout of my local record store tomorrow I know I'm not making a mistake

Kind of like La Roux's second album?

I can't belive I forgot about it, if you're up for grittier production there's Crumbsnatchers: Big House. Here's a link.
Top Tracks - the crumbsnatchers: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLOLgwlEwohNkltPtSyom2MfdHxlSxgfAv

LOWKEY

NO PRESSURE

JUST HANG WITH ME AND MY WEATHER

Anyone got a FLAC link?

6/10

i like the sound they're working with, was really hoping the other tracks popped as much as hard times, told you so, and pool

>almost every song has the same sound

Why couldn't they just make an album of stuff like this?

youtube.com/watch?v=4oScRBsOV6I

Alright, so best songs;

Hard Times
Told You So
Rose Coloured Boy
Fake Happy
Idle Worship

Most WTF:

No Friend (but I hate MwY as well so eh)

Pool is fucking AMAZING. Fake Happy is a runner-up.

8/10, better than their self-titled and I like this direction for Paramore.

BEST SONGS IN ORDER

Rose-Colored Boy
Caught in the Middle
Fake Happy
Grudges
Idle Worship
Pool

WORST SONGS
Forgiveness
No Friend
Tell Me How

Pool is literally GOAT. Put it higher right now.

>Best
Idle Worship
>Runner Up
Pool, Rose-Colored Boy, and Fake Happy (only listened to the album once, after a few more listens I'll have just 1 runner up)
>Worst
Tell Me How

i dont usually check this type of stuff out but im really liking this. any recs for similar stuff?

if you think its too obvious it probably isnt, im ignorant.

other paramore songs

whats their best work

Their self titled album is far and away their best work. The first album is emo garbage and the two after it are pretty good but have a lot of shitty songs on them.

My favourites on this album are No Friend and 26 so take my taste into account with these recommendations.
Let The Flames Begin and Part 2 are both great (would recommend a live version of ltfb with the outro)
Other notables would be brick by boring brick and future.

Idle Worship might be one of the best songs they've ever released

Only on track 1, Hard Times, and I'm watching the music video and I have to wonder...Anyone else think Hayley looks HOTTER now than when she was younger?

They should have released the album after hard times came out. More people would have cared.

meh

when will la roux (the true queen of pop) make a comeback?

She isn't as hot as 2009, but if she had the same look that she has now in 2009, then she would be sexier. Blonde pop star look just happens to make me cum

Sup Forums always loved paramore

if anything this album is kinda disappointing compared to their previous stuff (only slightly)

emotion is a masterpiece you piece of shit

Feel kind of mislead by Hard Times and Told You So but I really like the album.

The tracks Zac co-wrote (Pool, Grudges and R-CB) are all bops, fingers crossed they stay together long enough for there to be a whole album that Zac works on

Best song hands down

this, without Hayley its just more generic 2010s indie pop

shit taste

JUST LET ME CRYYYYY

A LITTLE BIT LONGEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I'm a huge Paramore fan, have been since Riot.
Half of the songs on this album are good.
Half are bad/really generic.
The highlight is Idle Worship with the outro (No Friend).
The other good tracks are Hard Times, Fake Happy, Told You So and Rose Colored Boy, the rest isn't anything special. And I say that as a great fan of their acoustic stuff.

TFW no rose colored boi

Fake Happy is god tier

First 3 songs were great.
They had a really nice 80s adventure vibe about them, but they didn't feel really full bodied. However though, massive potential there. Would love to see Paramore take the route of essentially a female The 1975, because that's what it reminded me of, and I think that could be incredible. I really foresee huge potential if they go that route.

The rest were trash. All sounded like shit I would hear on any indie pop record.

Overall, 3/10. If they bring out the potential I heard in the first 3 songs, they could bring that up to a 7/10, and if executed right, I foresee a potential 9/10.

hayley is a fan of a lot of unexpected shit
she has a guest spot on a fucking chariot album

Love the album. Can't stop listening to it.

The album started energetic and fun as fuck and then it turned to shit with slow songs and meaningful shit.

Anyone has a link for the 24/96 version?

Are you me?

>Caught in the Middle was originally recorded to be more in vain with their older albums
I'd kill for that mix

Anyone got a working download link for the album in 320?
Everything I'm finding is dead already.

Lmao, this whole 80s pop kick everyone's (Paramore, Haim, Lorde, etc.) on today was done by The 1975 excellently last year

As a longtime Paramore fan , the 2nd half of this album sucks besides the GORGeous last song :(

>he stopped 4 tracks in
user pls

everything everything lmao

It was a really different album but you could definitely tell Zac was back and it felt so much more like Paramore than the self titled even though the sound was a bit different. I really liked it though as a whole and it was nice to hear another person singing on the album like back in their first album.

This is New Wave, which is a a Rock sub genre, so no.

>God-tier
Told You So (SOTY as well)

>Sub God-tier
Idle Worship
Hard Times
Fake Happy
Rose-Colored Boy

>Great-tier
Pool
Grudges
No Friend

>Good-tier
Caught in the Middle
Forgiveness

>Meh-tier
Tell Me How

it's surprisingly good considering it's paramore

Paramore has always been good dude

just finished listening

Hard Times is still my favorite track since the song I hear first from an album usually sticks with me as the favorite one

Idle Worship, Rose-Coloured Boy and Told You So, Grudges, Caught In the Middle and Pool are all good

the rest felt sort of a bad taste in my mouth

overall I think their s/t and Brand New Eyes were better
6,5/10

Whoa, dude...just...no

>God-tier
Hard Times
Tell Me How

>sub-God-tier
Told You So
Rose Colored Boy

>Great tier
Forgiveness

>Good or Decent
Fake Happy
Caught in the Middle

>Grating; not a pleasure to listen to/would select in a list to go listen to
Pool
Grudges
Idle Worship

>Bad; no interest to listen to again
No Friend
A fucking instrumental version would be nice!

Only bad track is 26. It's not even that bad it just doesn't fit at all and kills the momentum of the album.

Yeah, 26 is way out of place and doesn't add anything to what is otherwise a great album.

this desu
otherwise it's a solid 7

Yeah, second listen through it's a fine song just the opposite vibe of the rest of the album. If it was a closer I think the shift in tone would be easier to handle since it won't just jump back into the same vibe like nothing happened.

this album slays. Rose Colored Boy is the shit

>overall I think their s/t and Brand New Eyes were better
BNE yes cause it's easily their best album, S/T sucked dick, but even that was better than this overall

post pics for comparison

*sips tea*

finished listening to the album for the second time and it all somehow came more together than before, 26 still feels out of the place though
8/10 is my final verdict which now makes my second favorite Paramore album

(OP)
On track 10 right now..Can't help but feel that I want it to be over. Probably won't re-visit it, "Hard times" is catchy but the whole 80's revival thing kind of bores me, and that's coming from someone who likes shit like that.

it doesnt sounds like 80s revival.
it sounds like a revival of mildly rehashed 80s aesthetics from the mid-00s,

That makes more sense.

this one is actually good

Two Door Cinema Club

It's the best song.

awful taste, kill yourself

no

i thought after laughter sounded a lot like trouble in paradise at times

No Friend.

did anyone else hear someone whisper "carlos" at the end of fake happy?

is it just me or are they ripping off vampire weekend extremely?