Who is the most useless band member in history?

Who is the most useless band member in history?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vKZ-eKBJ9dw
youtube.com/watch?v=u-s2ZDIOVOY
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antony_Hodgkinson
twitter.com/AnonBabble

you

1/10 weak

I'm not sure if he's a band member or not but what the hell does dj khaled do?

>be in a band cover art
>is not even a member of the band

he's their coatrack and/or pincushion

yep, thats why hey were never as good without him

"Dean" of Jan and Dean

Ed O'Brien

pic related

Sid Vicious

Are you saying that dude is more useless than the fucking clown that just hit shit with a bat?

Antz of brokeNCYDE. He was in charge of fog and lights. He was considered an official member of the group/band even though he was basically a roadie.

The clown is a percussionist and there are many important parts of Slipknot songs that rely on him and the other percussionist.

The Mighty Mighty Bosstones has one member of their band who just dances around on the stage. He doesn't even play an instrument. All he does is dance like a goon.

Now, I WOULD nominate that guy, but I did some research and, as it turns out, that guy is actually the band's manager. I guess he manages the band, but also dances around like a silly goose.

Deakin

deak

Deak

Just screams his name over tracks
He doesn't even do the production
He's one of those people I can't understand being famous. I know the normies loved the dumb Snapchat stuff but he's a multimillionaire somehow

He pulled them further down tonally with his depression stuff. And you can make the argument that New Order is the better band

King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard do not need two drummers.

His mask sales alone justify his importance too the band.
Clown write lyrics sometimes.

Most bands don't

That's honestly pretty cute (I can't believe I'm saying that for them), and considering their image is way more important for them than their music, he's more or less as important as the rest of them.

Bez

There are a number of bands with dance members.

drummer of def leppard

New Order > Joy Division

Andy "Flatlander" Morin

Go to bed mom.

this reminded me of the time pitchfork got his name wrong

>legit slipknot fan on Sup Forums

damn im getting too old for this shit

hey he does some things sometimes like keyboards and some feedback samples

don't know why sid can't do that though

"No"

Slipknot and Korn were unironically good bands and you are lying to yourself if you think otherwise, they just lost their steam and became shittier as time went on.

yeah Korn made a few good albums but slipknot are shit

Mom you were never good at arguing.

They were the only band I listened to in middle school. I'd come home from school and just listen to the self-titled, Vol3, Iowa, and MFKR later on repeat. I loved researching all these stupid facts about the band.

They were actually shit, but most of Sup Forums were young enough to be naive when they were popular to like them so they retain the knowledge they absorbed during that time.

"Yes"

bez

is the only answer

spot on
yeah most people like shit music when they are kids

Slipknot self titled is to this day a legitimately 9.5/10 album and I've abandoned 90% of the metal shit I used to listen to.

poopdick niggersoup

Sid Vicious
Joel Gion

I was gonna say Richey Edwards but then I remembered how important he was for his lyrics.

Sid was actually a decent drummer for the Banshees.

You could make a religion out of this

Like the girl in Hawkwind who danced naked,

>Joel Gion
true
i think people just like him for being another strong personality that isn't anton

I have heard he was somewhat responsible compared to the rest of the band. I guess that's of use.

Hey fuck you no one else is better at screaming their own name than him

he got the gig by pretending to be a band member so he could get into a 21+ venue. the band thought it was hilarious and just went with it

Well Greg plays the sampler on the first albums.

Nah, Slipknot's S/T recording process was very creative, they certainly had some artistic merit, not to mention their first record was actually decent. But yeah, they're shit right now, more than ever now that their bassist died.

Now Korn was a pretty good and original band, some of their albums were well received by general audience and critics. Their audience was a generational thing tho, think about Death Grips and how will they be perceived in 10 years.

Most numetal that came after was shit, but Slipknot, Korn and Deftones do have some good albums.

Andy Morin
Why is their studio engineer onstage throwing stupid effects on everything?

I think Clown is the responsible for the whole "artistic" vision of the band. He's basically the guy who has the ideas that their fans like.

hi scaruffi

Nah, if you don't like them, that's fine; they play a very niche genre full of commercial bullshit; but saying that they were always shit is ignoring some decent stuff.

Everyone in Paramore except Hayley. They're all sub-par musicians that are easily replaceable, people really only care about Hayley and the band would be nothing without her.

ringo starr
THE FACT

Then why is the only highlight on the new album the instrumentation and Haley not wanting to dwelve away from mainstream poppy vocals so much is what drags it down?

she's my favorite trap

>blue hair dye on ginger hair
there was this absolutely pig disgusting girl in my high school who did this. she looked horrible (although the dye job was the least of her problems tbdesu).
one day my mom picked me up and saw her walking out, and said she looked like a rusted penny.

the only correct answer

>one day my mom... said she looked like a rusted penny.

I hope you corrected her (to "oxidised penny")

Deftones I don't at all consider nu-metal. Great, talented band and Chino has the voice of an angel.

Paramore was literally concocted as a backing band for Hayley. The industry wanted her to be a pop star, but she wanted to make pop punk. SO they got her high school friends to be her backing goons while she sang and looked pretty on stage

flavor flav

Check out Protest the Hero... Now that is intensity!
youtube.com/watch?v=vKZ-eKBJ9dw

Paul McCartney

he was dead during the golden years of the beatles anyway!!!!

grow up

I imagine a significant proportion of the Polyphonic Spree must be half-arsing it

this band has a dedicated member to act like a zombie in front of the stage
youtube.com/watch?v=u-s2ZDIOVOY

Did Jarobi ever even do anything in a Tribe Called Quest?

Are you autistic and/or retarded?

It was either Paul, Dave, Frazer or Woody out of Warlord.

he's also the guy who makes sure DMX doesn't lose his mind/go all out/act a fool/ lose his cool, which is a very important role in any band

>They were actually shit
let me guess the main reason you think so is because they're "cringey" or "not real metal." i've seriously never heard any actual criticisms against their first album

>Sid Vicious
>not crucial to the Sex Pistols' image/legacy
wut

this guy just gets a dozen talented musicians in the room and takes credit for what they come up with

did the other guy in Wham! ever actually do anything?

I have a lot of respect for Slipknot only because they introduced/made me tolerate a lot of underground music

Lots of artists have a dance team but I've never heard of an official member of a band who only dances and nothing else.

>implying music has to be happy and positive

Bez

Joel gion is there because Anton doesn't like to be stared at whilst on stage

To p kek

But he plays maracas

This, or that Depeche Mode dude who does the book keeping

hypemen aren't worthless

Always hanging around.

Well someone has to get them together and organize shit
It can't be easy

bruh

Having a useless member and guy who dances on stage was funny and ironic in the 90's
Nirvana had dancing tony

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antony_Hodgkinson

Came to say this.