M. Night Shyamalan

Seriously; what the fuck went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_RpgbZcHk_A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The emperor has no clothes.....

Great ideas, poor execution (since Village or Signs). Except for Last Airbender idk how that came to existence

You can't really say that. His first two movies were Oscar-tier good.

were they? or was the audience duped by muh twist?

the tedious, slogging pace of the Sixth Sense is further hindered by deadpan performances and dialog. the only redeeming factor is the ending

nothing

hes a modern day auteur that does nothing but crank out masterpieces

I feel like the scripts for his early movies (The Sixth Sense in particular) were developed early in his life, and he had a lot of time to work with them and formulate everything. Everything after that was done on the go after he became a mega successful studio darling who realized he actually needed to put out a new movie every couple years.

The first real criticism he got for Unbreakable and the man shut down like all beta Pajeets do.

>There will never be an Unbreakable film series.

I think both Willis and Jackson are up for a sequel. What's stopping him?

Is Signs worth a rewatch ?

ye

ne

meb

Was Signs accidentally a great movie carried by a good cast? Or was it intentional?

All those diseases he got drinking Ganges water finally reached his brain.

I would love to perform a choreo like a pro earth-bender

Too obsessed with TWEEESTs. He can direct well given his work with Sixth Sense, Signs, and Unbreakable but he's been just trying to capture the successes of those instead of actually making good films.

i dene

youtube.com/watch?v=_RpgbZcHk_A

This is my go-to when I need to bellow out laughing.

6 years later and I'm still utterly baffled by this movie

>guy casually standing still, holding his daughter next to him while the invaders spend 15 minutes charging up their fire blast
>pack of synchronized dancers presumably put up that wall but continue dancing for no apparent reason long after the fact
>guy flails around constantly keeping a small stone afloat in the air
>suddenly lone firebender throws an equally powerful fire blast all on his own in one fluid movement
>rockfam immediately brings up his own earth wall with a simple defensive arm-raise, sans dance crew

Just these 15 seconds of film are mind-boggling. How could you watch this and not realize your drawn-out, flowery bullshit is exactly that? The last two moves are about in line with the animation, and they at least are practical enough to warrant no one bothering with conventional weapons.

They don't care