Music Collecting

Do you still collect music or have you gone the way of muh streaming?
>how big is your collection and what does it mostly consist of?
>how long have you been collecting?
>what players do you use?
>do you take backups?
>do you use playlists at all or do you only listen to projects?

and then there's this faggot

What makes you say that?

>had so many records i built a record room in my house
>had a kid
>only spotify now
i'm actually perfectly happy

How do you guys export playlists to your phones?
Is there a one-click option for exporting a M3U playlist to a folder with all the tracks?

i have about 1.25 TB of external hard drives with my complete music collection for archival purposes (right now at about 600GB, mostly FLAC for conversion purposes)

But i've gone over to streaming, especially since i mostly listen to music when i'm out and about, and refuse to use iTunes to sync to my phone. Between Spotify and Apple Music i've got just about my entire collection plus new discoveries. I'm just missing old/rare stuff that i don't really listen often.

I'd give up collecting if Spotify, Bandcamp and Soundcloud teamed up for one ultimate streaming service. Having music spread over many different platforms is just so unconvinient and it's the main reason I collect.

Around 500 gigs with mostly 320 and v0
About five years
Foobar
>do you take backups?
I've got one 2TB drive for backup purposes
Never fuck with playlists

70GB of 320kbps and v0's. Mostly hip hop and futurebeat type stuff.

Since late 2015.

Musicbee on my desktop. Blackplayer on my android.

>do you take backups?
I take differential backups to my external drive every once in a while. I'm installing a new internal drive today though, so I can get daily automatic backups.

My only playlist is actually just stuff that I'd like to sample later. I'd like to start a workout playlist and party playlist to have on my phone, but exporting playlists is a bit of a chore. It'd be cool to have an automatically syncing playlist like streaming services have.

Pic related

1 year, downloaded most in a space of 3 months, adhd hyperfocus sucks.

Microsoft groove

>do you take backups?
Will soon

Projects

Appears like most cds have around 700-800kb of sound in them. So you can basicaly buy these easily in digital form online and even cheaper because you dont even need the artwork and all that stuff that comes with the physical copy. Meanwhile I think the sound of a high quality vynil is the creme de la creme of music media. The sound of a vynil is fuller and rawer and if i were collecting it would definitely be my pick, cds are basically dead for me because there's no hq cd option as far as i know

nah you just let brain chemistry cuck you in half

60gb (either mp3 320 or V0)
and a 70gb backlog, mostly discographies, but there's also some stuff i grabbed from sharethreads and bandcamp
less than a year i think
Foobar2k on pc, Black player on mobile
>do you take backups?
I have some stuff backed up on 2 mega accounts
Projects only

Is that the music equivalent to going bald after you have a kid?

VLC can IIRC

i'm getting into white label techno, most of the stuff i bought is available online but i still think vinyl has a fatter sound than digital, are there any objective pros to spending money on records versus just downloading lossless

I use Spotify, and what I can't find on Spotify I keep in iTunes. I used to keep everything in iTunes, but I store everything on my Macbook, so that ran out of space right quick, and wasn't about to start connecting my SSD every time I wanted to listen to shit, so I just switched to Spotify.

I don't keep track of audio quality. Between listening to so much shoddily-recorded music and listening on shit headphones and a shit stereo, I don't bother. I hope I never become so pretentious to one day regret that.

I have a pretty small vinyl collection (a little under 100 records, between my apt and back home, iirc)

I've been picking up a bunch of cassettes from local shows—to support the artists, ya know—but I don't even have a tape deck

I backup every once in a while

I have playlists for parties and road trips, but usually only listen to albums by myself, or just skip around manually like some faggot

I appreciate that thing you did from Strangers to Lost Themes II
That's impressive
why

Danke

For laughs. I bought it out of a bookstore bathroom for a dollar.

Some people like collecting physical stuff. That's it.
Vinyl has objectively worse sound quality than lossless digital files.