Anyone here get their shit together in their mid to late twenties after being a fucking bum during their teenage years...

anyone here get their shit together in their mid to late twenties after being a fucking bum during their teenage years and early twenties. what did you do? please tell your story.

Nope

Late 20's here. Still a fucking bum.

Go get an technical degree. I was in my later 20's. Worked out great. Fucked my life away in my younger days. That's life bro. I had fun dreamed big and well it's cool I enjoyed those days and think highly of them today

What do you mean by technical degree?

27 and hoping

Was a ski bum for the majority of my 20s. Quit my dead end job and went back to school at 27. Now 29 finishing up my marketing degree. Lost 25 pounds, got a qt3.14 gf, got a fun job at a winery and hopefully an 80k a year (I know that's not that much) marketing job lined up after graduation in May. Never to late, just keep working hard and doing stuff OP.

Scraped enough money together to move out when I was 25.

It's amazing how much shit you can get done when you live alone and have zero distractions and can plan every little detail of your life.

I was the opposite.
I was a working functional raving 24/7 lunatic.
Would go to work straight from a rave at 6am tripping my balls off and sit on a Tesco checkout for 6 hours.
That was like 10 years ago.
Now I'm a fucking bum and I don't even do anything like drugs or raving or fun or human contact.

Lil bit of inspiration.

UK user here.

School 'year' 5, move to a new school, get into a load of trouble for the next 2 years after being a straight side dweeb and being top smartarse.
Year 7-10 get bullied like fuck, turn into a bully, become a proper repbrobate
Year 11 Get decent GCSEs (1 A*, 1A, 6B 3C 1 Distinctio * etc),

Now 22, have have a solid job now salary is close to 65k per year. Currently drive a Mustang (UK just came out over here) One of the youngest drivers in the UK.

How did I do it? Found what I loved to do and worked on that... In my case, it was making money. Gained confidence, stopped giving a fuck about other people etc.

Currently have a solid 10/10 Girlfriend, solid car, solid job, lifes alright.

Pro tip you don't turn your life around by posting to a Mongolian pubic hair weaving website.

Bump, I need some motivation and advice from old fags to

what do you do for work?

Mid thirties here. Have a house, car, wife, one kid plus one one the way. Still feel like a loser because I had the same dead end job for ten years. Applied for numerous other jobs in and out of my field but never got hired. Drank a half pint of whisky this afternoon thinking about working for a grocery store, the only other job I've had recently. At least it would be a union gig.

bump

>Am mid-late 20s
>Used to work min wage jobs
>mostly restaurants
>The bitches were fine, but going nowhere

>Decide to make a change
>Ditch shitty job
>Go to coding bootcamp
>Learn web dev
>Get good job
>Get money

>Life is good

Didn't get my shit together till early-mid forties, total fucking wreck'ead bum. Now wife who's my best friend, kid on way, home, 300-350 k a year, every things beyond cool. Gonna sound plane but read books, loads of different ones, makes you learn how to think. I remember what I used to be like, how I used to live and think, I'm amazed I made it to here. Just keep honestly trying and don't give up on yourself, you'll be amazed what you can get through, you'll be amazed by the things you can do. Luck and a following wind to you anons.

whats coding bootcamp? is that like a self taught online thing or an actual course you went to? also how long did it take you to learn web dev till the point you could put decent sites together? how did you get a job after all that?

>24
>Working shitty ass job in retail
>Make management in one year.
>After 3 years total quit because of stress
>Spend month as neet
>Games Studio is hiring Marketing Assistant.
>Eh fuck it, make meme video and send it as a CV to them
>Get asked for interview
>Get the Job
>Make Money whilst helping to make games

The real secret is to luck the fuck out.

>300-350k a year.

can you elaborate on that? what did you do for work before that? go to school later in life?

I always had good grades in high school, mostly due to the fact that I lived in a rural town where there weren't many people interested in studying, making me shine by comparison.

>I was basicly a high functioning alcoholic from age 16/17 onwards

Due to my good grades, I got into med school (in Europe there is no undergrad shit).

When I went to Uni, my life went tits up, I was drinking everyday, partying constantly, experimenting drugs, fucking random girls at bars, blacking out, doing coke, living like a bum abroad, punching people, getting punched by people, all that and much more (and I mean much, much more).

So I spent the next six years on the path to self destruction.

In this six years, I completed 3 of med school (of the total 6)

I am now 24, quit alcohol last year, decided I would turn my life around, got a part time and I dont miss a day at Uni.

>I donĀ“t smoke, drink, do drugs, nothing
>eat healthy now
>go to gym 3 times a week
>have cute gf
>Im finishing the 4th year of med school, shit it going great because I have more maturity than the 21yo that study with me
>have a fun part time job as a bartender that in enough for my expenses

>NO REGERTS

bump