ITT: near perfect albums ruined by one track

ITT: near perfect albums ruined by one track

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/UV58WBj
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Ruined by two tracks, but close enough I think

Which tracks

Lets go away for awhile and pet sounds. And I Know there's an answer too I guess

Are you talking about the instrumentals? That's pretty plebeian.

Metal Man is such an underwhelming track

Theyre just boring, you know? I'm sure they're brilliantly composed by Brian and all but pop music needs lyrics. I feel the same way about the instrumentals on Bowies berlin records.

*deletes Escape*

Nah dude the instrumentals are some of the best tracks. They embody the loneliness and angst the M.C. is facing without the use of lyrics.

>Lets go away for awhile and pet sounds.

It's elevator music even though Brian didnt know that would be a thing at the time so we can hardly blame him. There just arent enough moving pieces. There's the leitmotif and then what?

there's nothing wrong with Lounge music

>he doesn't like the instrumental tracks

XDDDDDDDDDDD

yeah the live track is unnecessary

XD

Pink Floyd - Meddle

Get rid of damn "San Tropez" and you have a perfect album.

Holy shit ur such a pleb

You all know what I mean

San Tropez is great

I think composition wise you can argue for let's go away for a while as one of the best songs on the album, the whole call and response thing going on as well as the really amorphous structure make it one of the most interesting songs on the album.

I would get rid of seamus personally, not San Tropez

You all know quite well the man - talented as he were - was just high on Spector and LSD; or the times as it were. You on the other hand are all high on memes, obsessively posting what the memes mandated you to post.

No one needs Brian-fucking-Wilson writing instrumental music. He is a lot of things but he's not the king of hard bop.

haha yeah I forgot that "instrumental music" is one of the most avant-garde and experimental genres of all time and mr. pop tunes man should never touch it
after all, if you like a instrumental song that's not jazz you're obviously just memeing. no one in sane conscience would like a track that I don't. that's just preposterous.
kill yourself

So the instrumentals on Pet Sounds are going to become the fucking new *deletes moonchild*?

You could have prevented this Sup Forums.

it's just one retard saying it's bad
Moonchild is great btw

I would have guessed Student Demonstration Time for Surf's Up.

second half of DNA

Yes har di fucking har, but seriously though dog, a pop tune with lyric quite elegantly directs the minds eye to some fucking gestalt of a state of mind of the perceived MC of the song and so easily adds a whole new dimension

I may not always love you

Well I can certainly relate, but not to some fucking piano bullshit that had been made far more superior in Vienna several hundred years ago

I like it but I'm pretty sure the B sides meme comes from that song.

you can prefer the tracks with lyrics but don't come at me saying stupid shit like "all instrumental music is jazz or elevator music"

Dont you fucking fuck with me boy, I was much more specific than that. Lord, I even hinted at Art Blakey as something more worthwhile in that genre.

EKS DEE DEE DEE DEE DEE DEE DEE

>I was much more specific than that.
no you fucking weren't. you literally called the instrumental tracks "elevator music" and when people told you that that's retarded you told them that they were only memeing and only stuff like Hard Bop is actually good instrumental music
>I even hinted at Art Blakey as something more worthwhile in that genre
you literally just mentioned "hard bop". don't come at me namedropping entry-level jazz artists to pretend you know shit about music. you said some retarded shit and you're now doing damage control.

If I have to say it you haven't listened to the album.

underrated track desu

You hear "hard bop" without making the connection to Art Blakey? Well fuck you.

probably the most retarded thing you've said so far

Yea right on the money. It's such an ear sore and doesn't flow with the themes present in the album.

hold on to your ego > i know theres an answer

He's not wrong

*deletes Black Dog*

Before I saw Brian live i would've agreed with you, but after seeing it preformed live it all made sense.

desu I like that song but I can say they could have put a better first track on that album given the songs they didn't put on that album

Escape is fine, fight fire with fire is the one track ruining this album, boring, repetitive as fuck and they play it live all the time

Can we at least agree that You Still Believe In Me and In My Room is the best Brian ever did, apart from his work with Manson?

*deletes seamus*

fight me irl

It Ain't Easy, right? Or am I a pleb?

Delete yourself while you're at it.

>being this pleb

oh hai there

>Cliff Burton beating the shit out of his bass + some nice solo
>bad
m8, album version is great

Right.

I actually dislike the complete first half of this album, except for Disney Girls.

Objectively wrong

I can see an argument against Don't Go Near the Water or Take a Load Off Your Feet, but Student Demonstration Time is so bad it's in a league of it's own

>M.C.
What mc? Pet Sounds is not a concept album, you wiki-miseducated cunt.

Karma Police

discord.gg/UV58WBj

why do you guys hate student demonstration time so much? You can argue it doesn't match the whole feel of the album, but damn, that track is fun as fuck

Electioneering

Agreed.

Idiot

>THIS PLANE

That's a weird way to spell echoes.

Is this guy a meme or is he legit?

i fuckin love that track

FUCK YOU

top 3 track lad

>high on memes
You guys are taking a guys who unironically says shit like this seriously, I can't believe it

seamus is a let down but to be fair somewhat underrated

i love nak's verse. i believe he was tripping while recording it

Escape is one of their best. Trapped Under Ice is the weak link here. Too much like KEA. No real growth compared to the rest of the album.

*deletes Mummy Dust*

It's just a mess dude. And as a whole Surfs Up represents embracing the end of innocent and youth, and SDT just doesn't embody that

You mean Long Distance Drunk, right? It's the only dud on LCW.

>Wild Pack of Family Dogs

Life of A Tree is so much worse than SDT.

t. mike love

long distance drunk is one of the best songs on the album. and how do you not like wild pack of family dogs? you have an awful taste user

*deletes Driving Me Backwards*

Long Distance Drunk is too slow for me. Though I will say that it makes Shit Luck feel much more surprising and exciting since they contrast so harshly. It's easily the least interesting track on LCW and I'm tempted to skip it every time it comes on but again, maybe it still fits it because of how it turns into Shit Luck. Kind of like in Teeth Like God's Shoeshine where it gets slow, sounds like the song ended and then "OH MY GOD DAMN".

Wild Pack of Family Dogs is a fine little track but it doesn't belong on M&A, it's feels very out of place on an otherwise incredibly consistent album. I'd personally have it swap places with Willful Suspension of Disbelief from Everywhere and His Nasty Parlor Tricks.

Oh come on, its 2 tracks

Substitute dont go near the water for My Solution
Substitute SDT for Wouldnt It Be Nice To Live Again

I love Trapped Under Ice. One simple thrash banger is all the album needs, along with one ballad, one mid paced song, one "pop" song, one instrumental. It's the other three tracks that feel repetitive. Creeping Death is so much better than the other two that it's made even worse

That songs great, Blank Frank is the worst.

Never Had I Ever truly is the worst

*deletes artists discog*

Literally kill yourself

Which one? Knives Out, Morning Bell alt, or Dollars & Cents?

>the only remotely thrash song off the album is bad
spotted the nu-male

>IT'S GETTING BETTER ALL THE TIIIIIIIIIIIME
Why the fuck was this even on the album? Should have been on the single with Penny Lane instead of Strawberry Fields, which should have been on Sgt. Pepper in it's place. Strawberry Fields as track 4 instead of Getting Better would have made this nearly a 10/10.

Echoes is the best song ever written. That is objective fact.

Subterranean homesick alien

Within You, Without You is garbage

I assume he meant Morning Bell since there's a superior version of it on Kid A.
Wild Pack of Family Dogs is fantastic. The only song that should be removed from M&A is the ending track. It should've ended at Life Like Weeds. Aside from LCW, Modest Mouse is terrible at ending records.
That track is perfect. Long Distance Drunk is what you meant to say.
Never Had No One Ever I assume.
Any answer other than fitter happier is objectively wrong.
It's a good song, it's just overplayed.

>The only song that should be removed from M&A is the ending track.
Dude what.

>It's a good song, it's just overplayed.
It makes no sense in a record of The Cure

(I'm not talking about Friday)