/mlb/ General (Is the stove warming up?)

mlb.mlb.com/mlb/transactions/#month=11&year=2016

sbnation.com/mlb

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_vUhSYLRw14
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

jays

Fuck all you ñakkas

Fuck trivia

>your name will never be Al Kaline

*TRIVIA*

>this player threw a no hitter...on acid
Who is he?

WHO'S THAT POKEMON?

Vintage Giants desu

doc

>not liking comfy trivia
>implying there's anything else to talk about

The GOAT

Doc Ellis of the Pirates

is that Mccovy or whatever in the middle?
That niggah is fucking huge dog

Kersh

Yes
(Do you guys like these?)

Yezur

Yeah lol

>Source: TV analyst Gary Cohen signs multi-year deal

JUST GIVE US THE EMMY ALREADY

Trout?

Yes these are cool

Kinda

Yes
A bit harder now

Jash Danalson?

elbow/bone spurs/Tommy John/shoulder
elbow/arm fatigue/strep throat
elbow/shoulder/bone spurs
elbow/Tommy John/forearm soreness/ulnar nerve
knee
shoulder/labrum tear
>tfw no old/fat

No

salvy?

No
HINT: Catcher

this is so fucking disrespecful.

Kershaw pitched 145 of the greatest innings in the history of fucking baseball, lead multiple WAR categories despite missing 78 days of baseball and literaly stuck out 108 batters before walking his 10th man. Fuck you.

Literally posted a sub 1.80 FIP.
Fuck you fuck you fuck you.
FUCK YOU.

Im done with this bum ass sport, it's fans, writers, and memers.

Even bumshit was better than Lelster. Fucjing defense baby bitch got a God Damn FIP of 3.6 and Hendricks a FIP of 3.4 with not even 200 innings in 32 starts.

Epic fucking L for baseball this season. This is stupid as fuck.

If Kershaw don't win a ring in 2017 this fucking League is rigged.

Fuck you.
Fuck Rob Manfred.

I want Selig back this ain't even a joke or a meme I'm writing Selig a letter.

Russel Martin?

No

2nd hint: AL EAST

GOINS????

No

Tulo? it's def a blue jay, looks kinda like tulos stance

groins bats left anyway

No. And it's not a Blue Jay

duffman? longoria? is it even a current player, I don't think the rays are that shade of blue

Yes, he is a current player.

Dodgers have no one to play
>1B
>2B
>3B
>LF
>RF
They have no
>2nd starter
>closer
>setup man
They are fucked.

I know we are a shitty meme team with qt fans. We will never win a ring under (((FRIEDMAN))) or dindu roberts

is this some trick question where it's actually a blue jay but he isn't currently contracted so technically he's not a blue jay

I'm at the end of my rope, all I can do is name off rays players

No.
I get it leaf, you are avoiding naming any Yankee player.

sanchez? castro?

how many times did they even wear the solid blue alternative this year, I wasn't even aware they had it

>Abreu
>Saladino
>Frazier
>Melky
>Fuck you I'm keeping Eaton

>Sale/Q
>Robertson
>Jones

We got what you need senpai
Just give urias, de leon, alvarez, bellinger, verdugo, barnes and various other prospects

Dodgers should do this. Just trade their farm for White Sox good players. There's no point in saving the farm for when Kershaw will be old.

> I started having a crazy idea in the fourth inning that Richard Nixon was the home plate umpire, and once I thought I was pitching a baseball to Jimi Hendrix, who to me was holding a guitar and swinging it over the plate. They say I had about three to four fielding chances. I remember diving out of the way of a ball I thought was a line drive. I jumped, but the ball wasn't hit hard and never reached me

Neato.

>Ellis attempted to hit every batter in the Cincinnati Reds lineup on May 1, 1974, as he was angry that the Pirates were intimidated by the Big Red Machine.[1][27] Ellis admired Pete Rose and was concerned about how he would respond, but Ellis decided to do it regardless.[62] Ellis hit Rose, Joe Morgan, and Dan Driessen in the top of the first inning. Cleanup batter Tony Pérez avoided Ellis' attempts and drew a walk; the first pitch to Perez was thrown behind him and over his head. Ellis threw two pitches that he aimed at the head of Johnny Bench, at which point Ellis was removed from the game by manager Danny Murtaugh

This man though. Kek.

A's desu

>you will never play a professional baseball game on acid and not only not have it go terribly, terribly wrong, but also throw a no-hitter

The "No No" documentary on his baseball career is amazing

>you will never be a naive rookie getting your first cheeky adderall pill from a veteran and going out high af and playing on National television feeling good as fuck

The animated short on his No hitter was pretty fun.

youtube.com/watch?v=_vUhSYLRw14

The Padres have played in 2 World Series and have only won 1 World Series game

lol

>dads

It's gary sanchez

oh man

imagine if it was one of your first times too

it's so wrong how it makes you feel good AND perform good

That is one cold ass stove

someone call Jerry Dipoto

I had no idea this even occurred until today. God Bless the 70s.

Someone redpill me on Baseball. Is it a meme sport?

alright, /mlb/, which of these away series should i see in 2017?

green ones are weekends, obviously way easier to make those happen

Atlanta so you can catch R.A. Dickey and Bartolo Colon's games.

Tampa Bay, Miama, Arizona, San Diego, and Milwaukee would probably be easiest to get tickets for. Maybe Atlanta depending on how much the fans want to go to the new stadium. Toronto is also a Wild Card, depending on how many of the lifelong fans show up next year

>players achieve remarkable feats while taking potent hallucinogenics
>not a meme sport

Which NLC team is this for?

Also SD. Prob easy to get tickets for, and there's lots of other shit for a comfy vaca.

Priceless.

>total of six away series in the last three months

gee I wonder who the /mlb/'s golden boys are these days

That'd be impossible with schedule robot. I think user might have omitted some. Might've been to those parks enough times.

>Giants internally discussing trading for Pablo Sandoval, via Boston Herald

fucking yes, please take Sandoshit back jints

>my face when 2017 World Series MVP with the Jints

I'm down, we won't have to give up shit for him. Seriously though, you can keep him unless you just want to give him to us for virtually nothing. Even then probably not because of that contract...

Nats desu senpai

PYF when the lockout happens

mfw

>Baseball isn't available

>start watching baseball
>they turn it off

Seeing as they only play half the game, I wager American League pitchers should not be considered for Hall of Fame induction

>my team is a shit
>season cancelled

>he isn't a ballhawk

we should also go ahead and erase any NL no hitters/perfectos considering they have to get far less outs to do it

This guy comes up to your top prospect during Spring Training and slaps him on the ass. What would you do?

walk him off on an error

YANKEES SUCK

Fuck you Ahmed

>Eight Texas Rangers prospects were questioned by police in the Dominican Republic after a video showed a group of players sexually assaulting an underage teammate in a hazing incident that targeted players new to the team’s Dominican complex, sources familiar with the case told Yahoo Sports.

> A 10-second clip of video, obtained by Yahoo Sports, shows the alleged victim in a Rangers shirt and Rangers shorts laying on a bed with his arms held behind his back and his legs pinned down. At least four men are seen in addition to the alleged victim, whose penis is exposed, grabbed and maneuvered underneath a hand towel. All of the men in the video, including the alleged victim, are seen laughing.

>dodgers are going to turn Jesse Chavez back into a starter

dunno how that's going to go but godspeed ratman

>Report: Giants considering trade for Red Sox' Pablo Sandoval

This isn't real, is it

Why wouldn't it be? Consider buying low on an unwanted player, see if they'll eat some of the contract and hope that you can once again get on his ass about his weight and tell him he won't start over Nunez if he doesn't get it together. Hope that that one bad year was an outlier (because it was) and see if he can return to form. The Giants don't have a great 3B in Nunez, could be a good depth move. Seems unlikely, but all they say is they've explored the possibility. The Red Sox probably wouldn't want to eat much of his contract and would probably prefer to see what they can get out of him performance wise

flip my bat

Other than a couple of fluke seasons, Sandoval was a sub 3 WAR player on a crash course to replacement level. Nunez was worth 5 WAR over Sandoval last season, aka basically what Miguel Cabrera was worth.

Nunez was worth 0.8 WAR...what are you talking about?

2.7 WAR by Fangraphs WAR.

they're trying to take a chance on one of their former semi-stars who lit shit up while he was playing for them. literally nobody wants him, and they think they can deal away some literally whos to get a piece only they can turn around (while boston continues to eat some of his salary). what's so hard to understand?

question is what does boston think they can get out of it. if they try to push for something there's no way it's happening. if I was their FO I'd take whatever I could get and if panda actually turns around, well SF was probably the only team that could do it anyway

>fWAR

K, so worst case you have a switch hitting bat off the bench in Sandoval. Best case, Sandoval returns to form, Nunez can play some left, platoon second and sometimes shortstop, pinch hit, pinch run. Could be a good depth move

Like I said, this trade is unlikely to happen anyways unless the Sox want to eat more of his contract than Sandoval can

>Wake up
>Remember the Cubs won the world series

I saw this guy at a Yankee game in May, running to the left field seats during batting practice. I wanted to trip him so bad.

>what's so hard to understand?
Are you forgetting the part where he's worse than just running some AAAA scrub out there?