Name a flaw in this album

PROTIP: You can't

idk but they suck live

Refusing to discover new music general?

Boring as fuck

It's an album you can only enjoy when you're 14-19 years old. Once you hit your twenties, you'll feel real embarrassed to have that shit coming out of your headphones.

That album got boring quickly desu

Infantile guitar.
Mumbling vocals.
Lo fi production.
Goes nowhere.
Does nothing.
Put me into a diabetic coma.

If this is in your top 20 favorite records list then you seriously need to listen to more music.

Seems to me yet another case of the fluffy tail of breathless reputation wagging the mangy dog of minimal achievement. I've read enough rich praise for Spiderland to open a Swiss savings account, so I should have been surprised when, upon listening, I found a couple of unlikeable dweebazoids plucking untuned guitars while a creative writing student in therapy reads spittle-of-consciousness prose off a napkin.

It's so good I haven't listened to it. That's a flaw.

>If this is not in your top 10 favorite records list then you seriously need to listen to more music.

Fixed

That makes no sense.

It does. Anyone who doesn't like Spiderland has seriously shitty taste in music.

>Infantile guitar.
what?
>Mumbling vocals.
I think spoken word is different from mumbling, he isn't mumbling.
>Lo fi production.
what? It is hi-fi if anything
>Goes nowhere.
what? this is objectively false.
>Does nothing.
what?
>Put me into a diabetic coma.
fatass

This is completely false and fuck faggots like you trying to bill Spiderland as another teen emo album. It is so much more mature and nuanced than that.

Anybody can listen to this album, at any time.

I've heard and read a lot of people say this but it wasn't my experience at all. Saw them at a festival and they were absolutely crushing. It's possible they need to perform in the right setting to be an enjoyable live experience tho.

Music for Nu Male cucks

Man, when did it all go wrong for Sup Forums?

dont let the dinguses get ya down

Wrong.

What?

If by anybody you mean beta males, then yeah.

Definitely not wrong. If you actually think that Spiderland doesn't deserve its status then you should listen to more music and then comeback to it when you develop good taste.

was meant for

why are they four dudes naked in the river what are they fucking gay

It fucking sucks ass

I tried to sit down and give it an honest listen several times, and I usually enjoy spoken word music like this. But I can't listen to this for any considerable period of time without wishing I was listening to something else. It just doesn't grab my attention very well.

The problem with talking about Spiderland is that the criticisms never have anything to do with the fucking album. Lo fi? Mumbling vocals? Infantile guitar? Goes nowhere? Do people even listen to this album?

If this album came out without the track For Dinner, I wouldn't be bothered.

I would think Steve Albini listens to a fair amount of music.

For dinner feels like I'm sitting in an airplane that's taking forever to take off

>Put me into a diabetic coma
This is like, one of the least saccharine albums. Have you even listened to it?

Too short.

Washer

they should've put pam instead of for dinner.

I feel like the crescendos should be more explosive, especially on Breadcrumb Trail

He's too quiet!!! I can't barely hear him!!! >:(

Unironically this.

This.

the album

I think its like STGSTV, it's well made juvenilia that comes from a raw and honest place. It's angsty and awkward but that adds to its charm, it captures that frantic anxiousness of growing up, it's something you can relate to initially and then later look back upon