ITT: Albums that make you cry

Sigur Rós - Ágætis byrjun

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=O6HMW7h5jGY
youtube.com/watch?v=k78_2-h6P-E
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>tfw never cried to an album
guess I listen to much of upbeat records

I'd never cried to any media at all before I listened to this. It only took until Swims when I was bawling my eyes out.

>just....dont leave....dont leave......

fuck

And I’ve seen more criminals hung than innocents walk,
I’ve seen more horrors made real than dreamers wake up
Come now, decider, sit down, beside me,
Tell me my world is gone.

not tame impalas best album but hits me real hard emotionally

Drone.

To be perfectly honest, you're kind of right. I don't know though, I'd never actually listened to a Mount Eerie/Microphones album before A Crow Looked At Me and I genuinely had no context. It just hit me hard for some reason.

>2017
>crying
Kys my dude.

Tfw you outlive your child

>Crying to music without lyrics/with lyrics you can't understand

You must think you're pretty deep, huh?

WEEE WISH WEEE WERE DEAD

Yeah, that dead wife song is rough... I was peaking on LSD first time I heard it.

music alone has an emotional reach beyond mere words, you shallow faggot

Oh shit you're right. This guitar solo I'm listening to right now is really making me tear up :'(

this version of the song sucks

you're one sad individual if the impeccable solos in works like A Love Supreme don't make you cry out of sheer amazement

this, the version off I Might Be Wrong is gorgeous in its simplicity, the melody really shines through

youtube.com/watch?v=O6HMW7h5jGY

>Crying to a jazz solo

Go back to La La Land Ryan Gosling

>Those chords in bladelores

WHERE ARE YOUR FRIENDS TONIGHT?

Gottem xd

Makes me cry like a little bitch every single time. I even planned my suicide to be on the fourth of July because of it.

>dreamers
>they never learn
>the never learn
>beyond the point
>of no return

Reminds me of when I fucked up the friendship with one of my female friends, and I always daydreamed about what I could do to be forgiven.

good luck! hope it goes nicely and painlessly

I do not agree

That was actually last year, I failed and got sent to a psych ward. Now I'm on mood stabilizers and antipsychotics. Kind of thinking about trying again but I think my parents might be extra careful on that date.

oh dang dude sorry to hear, I was in a psych ward a couple times as well, next time i tried it instead of just physically killing myself off I faked my own death and moved the hell away from everyone I knew, since I dont really think about trying it anymore

anyone's case is different though, if you think it through and find it a necessary last option for yourself I'd say don't pussyfoot around it and do something fast and efficient

a bottle of painkillers and commercial razors are not too expensive, user

anyways

pic related, the backstory to this album, and Mark's life in general, is fucking tragic and depressing, and it reminds me too much of situations im all too familiar with,
I cannot listen to it without at least tearing up a little by the time the title track comes around, but the whole album in general has some pretty heavy tunes

>i dont know where we're going
>i dont know what we'll do
>...but maybe it's time to live

That's literally the only album that made me cry

>the violins in Staralfur
>pretty much all of Viorar Vel Til Loftarasa
>the climax of Olsen Olsen
>when the title track comes in and it's a gentle acoustic ballad for the most part

fuuuuuuuck me man this album, it was something else
damn shame they never did anything of such scope and grandeur again tho

bladelores is one of my all-time favorite Autechre tracks
This is definitely their feels-iest song though imo
youtube.com/watch?v=k78_2-h6P-E

My favorite track from LP5

Reviewers and shit like to describe Ae as cold and emotionless all the time and it baffles me. There's emotional stuff on every album.

>Eggshell
>Yulquen
>Leterel
>Calbruc, Cichli
>Rae, Drane2
>Pen Expers, VI Scose Poise
>Reniform Puls
>Iera, LCC
>Outh9x, Altibzz
>Known (1)
>Bladelores

And far more than any other Ae track, fucking Foldfree Casual made me cry as well

This album is immature as fuck

Lyrics sound like they were written by a 22 year old finishing uni

tbf they are kinda cold and emotionless on the surface, I didn't really appreciate a lot of those until I went back for a second listen

I know it's cliche but I also adore Nine. And Surripere just sounds like impending dread set to music.

The title song wrecks me.

I agree with the other guy but fuck me my sides are in orbit