ITT- WE PROVE TO THE WORLD THE BASS IS FAR MORE SUPREMO TO THE GUTAR. BASS SUPERIORITY THREAD...

ITT- WE PROVE TO THE WORLD THE BASS IS FAR MORE SUPREMO TO THE GUTAR. BASS SUPERIORITY THREAD.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mrB3Q2uvP8Y
m.youtube.com/watch?v=1mWQQNBfri8
youtube.com/watch?v=ttlTus58MNA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

bass is for faggots who cant play guitar.

let's be honest, no one but musicians notice the bass.

REEEEEEEEEE
How dare you insult the instrument of the gods.
You must be a fake.

It hurts me to admit this is true

Yea, you got to be pretty fucking good to be noticed

All bass is for is a simplified rhythm to keep the rest of the band in time way to be a walking metronome you waste of stage space

>bassist mentality
retards the lot of you, you're not better than the guitarist and certainly not better than the drummer.
go do bass things you faggots

Depends on the genres you like to listen, I'd bet my balls most people who are into anything more technical than heavy rock notice the bass.

Also, the bass is a guitar. This thread is an oxymoron.

Yea, but the drums are a better metronome. Why not call them out?

This dude is aight, youtube.com/watch?v=mrB3Q2uvP8Y

>walking metronome
lol okay I'm pretty sure the band uses the other metronome.. you know the drums.. fucking bedroom warrior

I agree to an extent the people who listen to band shit know but the average listener doesn't know what the fuck a bass is. I've had someone ask me why my guitar has 4 strings at a gig lol

Its all part of the whole. Only absolute shit bands and 'artists' ignore the bass, but only morons would give it permanent center stage.

Fucking b8 threads...

Even an up right sounds better than a guitar

Oh no drums are definitely there just for the main acts like guitarists pianists singers flutes really anything but the bass requires even less skill and coordination

technically skilled, sure
but that song was annoying af, would punch in the face/10

Bump

Again, if you play pop or rock that'd be true, if you play prog you get swarmed by bass enthusiasts

Goddang that was good

Bass player is like a guitar player that don't know how to play the fucking guitar

I think better said is they dont have the mental capacity to handle six strings so they needed a dumbed down version

Must take mad skill to play power chords on your squire strat bro

This. Just listen to any Song without a bass. It sounds thin like Shit

That's why I said the average music listener.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=1mWQQNBfri8

Lol

Still requires more effort and contributes way more to the song than single notes that provide background or base (bass) pretty much bassists are the tag along sibling parents stick on you and you feel bad they're mentally deficient so you make them feel important by playing the tonic

>Again, if you play pop or rock that'd be true, if you play prog you get swarmed by bass enthusiasts

bass enthusiasts=bass players
like i said earlier; no one gives a fuck about the bass but musicians themselves.

No one said that the bass doesn't have a purpose

The average music listener absent-mindedly listens to 40 minutes of Justin Bieber daily, why would you consider their opinion regarding anything

The job of a bass player is diferent fron the guitar player ,you cannot compare those two. Except some heavy metal shit

>implying any self respecting bass player that wasn't just a shit guitarist being demoted to playing bass would only ride on the root note

I think the roles should be reversed, bass on lead and guitar should keep a groove.

On the thread of awesome bass, Bruno Mars' bassist has got mad groove

Lol
>self-respecting
>bass player

I started out with the guitar in my teens but still appreciated all of the instruments in shit I listened to fairly equally. Guys like John Myung, Colin Edwin, Tony Levin, Nick Beggs etc. spurred me to pick up the bass as well much later on.

>what is Funk
>what is Jazz
>what is RnB

That happens in some styles of music like fusion funk things , but no just no..

Touring guitaristfag here. Must confess the more I played with bands, the more I appreciated bassists. They're basically the huge, dangling testicles of the band who make everything sound better, and most of them are ten times more technically capable than most guitarists I encounter.

Be kind to your testicles and they will be kind to you.

bet you're the same type of 'musician' that thinks that overflowing a solo with notes is 'good' and 'technical'

Ever heard of the expression 'less is more'?

to all guitarists lurking in this thread;

we appreciate you guys too, esp. the great ones that know when to tone down and just have fun with the band

Because they control majority of the music market lol. Why do you think a lot of bands are releasing over compressed garbage to try to get in to the charts.

Just got a 7 string Wolf with a through-body neck. Shit is so cash. Active pick ups need two 9 volt batteries. I also have a Warwick six string fretless acoustic electric Alien.

Also there is no such thing as better instrument , music is one , you are a musician and you just play a role. I play the bass but i can play the groove or the lead part of a track at the same time because i can read and know the fucking harmony

Thats a false comparison and is an informal fallacy so poor judgement and also that's not always the case but generally yes in music less is appreciated as more plus nice detraction from the fact that any bassist that has respect is lying to themselves that they're ""real"" musicians

To all fellow Bassists out there;

Thoughts on the Fanned Fret gimmick? is it worth picking one up? does it make a difference? or just a waste of money?

Implying fewer notes is always what the song calls for and that you shouldnt take cues from the rest of the song and the musicians your playing with and the energy of the crowd to determine what your solo will be like

This guy a fuckin music gandhi

I mean it in the best of ways

You're an idiot if you didn't realize that bass and guitars and all instruments are just tools to manipulate music and must work together regardless of whatever to serve the higher purpose such as the song

jesus fucking christ you mind fucking punctuating your fucking sentences.

it's a fucking debate not your boyfriend's dick. don't rush on it

The second post wasn't me and he said generally what i said. But for your information you're an idiot trying to justify bass playing by attacking me personally (informal fallacy) by comparing what you think i know of music which is completely of topic (false analogy) to how bassists are pathetic excuses of musicians. Their role can just be simplified to octaves on a piano for fucks sake

lol the piano literally covers as many octaves as you can fit keys. The piano works as a solo instrument most of the time, doing both high tones and low tones. I can just as simply say that the guitar's job can be replaced by a keyboardist.

And that's what many times happens in jazz trios. wonder why they pick to have Piano Drums and Bass instead of Piano Drums and Guitar.... hmmm

here, sample out the bass on this song and see if it sounds even a tenth as good.
youtube.com/watch?v=ttlTus58MNA

Superiority is bs. But Crazy Horse w/o Talbot or New Order w/o Hook e.g. just wouldn't be the same thing for me. I appreciate the bass.