You guys ready for 10/10 Australian "comedy"

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Whn4q8HuC8g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

shit forgot trailer link
youtube.com/watch?v=Whn4q8HuC8g

looks shit, gonna watch SS at reading cinemas, $10 dollar tickets

>studioc anal
is this like australia'a answer to Four Lions?

seems okay.

i had my suspicions but the trailer confirms theyre gonna take a dark road half way into it to push a home their own moral agenda though.

it would be funnier if they take the piss out of the situation the entire way through it without someone getting shot and making it feel all dark and gritty.

that makes housos look like a work of art

I don't know, I enjoyed The Guard and Calvary, and that took a turn for the dark halfway through the movie.
Doesn't mean a bunch of perma-holiday alchies can do it, of course.

>their own moral agenda
>hurr, only idiots are racists, durr

>burka durka on the poster
>no burka durka in the movie

There's literally nothing wrong with someone putting their point of view into their art. Just because you disagree with it doesn't make it bad.

If the execution is poor sure, but you haven't seen the movie yet.

Downrednu? wtf?

>muh white people are evil meme
fuck off lefties jesus, the sand niggers are evil cunts

Its a retarded point of view and one thats been in every film and piece of media for the last 50 years

>Ned Kelly was Irish

Nope, Australian-born. Learn some history you sped

>2nd generation means you have no ties to you parents race
K den

Is it about bogan heroin addicts in the suburbs?

>Written and directed by (((Abe))) Forsythe

>Screen Australia

Gee, thanks for spending my money on this fucking dog shit government.

I swear to fucking christ they need to cut the entire public budget allocated to anything remotely artistically related.

Australian productions are fucking dogshit.

I've never understood why NZ a country with like 6 people and a billion sheep can have this awesome film industry, yet Australia's film (and television) industry has crashed and burned since the late 1990s.

>kids with downs is the voice of reason among the bogans
Christ, that's embarrassing and so obvious.

All aussies should pack and and migrate to lebanon then claim they're sick of the lebanese thinking they have more of a right to be their over the aussies.

Fucking stupid arabs.

PS at least there was humility on the Australian part of the trailer. It was just angry arabs on the other part with no humour.

Because the people who supply the funding here are fucking retards that give money to this shit and reality TV shite

Oh and cop shows

The end of the 10BA.

We had a tax scheme in Australia similar to what Germany had.

>In the 1980s private financing increased as a result of tax incentives for Australian-made film and television productions. Division 10BA (1981) of the Income Tax Assessment Act 1936 allowed investors a 150% tax concession on their investment at risk. 10B (1978) applied to a wider selection of project categories, and offered a concession spread over two financial years once the project was generating income. These concessions were whittled away throughout the 1980s, as the government became anxious about lost taxation revenue. By 1989, 10BA had become a flat 100% write-off.

Throughout the 80's we produced a ton of commercially viable pictures, and a ton of quality artistic pictures.

This began to die off in the 90's as the government removed the tax scheme and introduced direct government financing.

The financing boards were overseen by your typical geriatric SJW cunts with no taste or experience, who applied financing based on the projects "cultural merit".

>The Australian Film Finance Corporation (FFC), established in 1988/89, became the main instrument of this support.

Rather than someone saying;

>I have this risky, but interesting idea for a film about school girls who go into the outback and never come back

And receiving funding because the financier knows he can at least write off his losses at tax time, or someone saying;

>I have an idea for a movie with lots of blood and tits and we'll import an American to star

And a financier knowing he won't lose money, but might also stand a chance to make some money, we got;

>Hi, your film does not appear to be about how wonderful it is to be an Aboriginal Lebanese Homosexual Cripple Living On The Dole And Being Oppressed By The White Australian Lower Working Class Male, so sorry, you'll have to go to America to make your multi-billion dollar franchise pictures.

Still get the odd decent kino like Snowtown and Rover.

>remove tax scheme
>introduce direct government financing
For what purpose?

more control for them

That doesn't make sense unless the government knows how to make movies better than filmmakers.

another australian kino

Lost tax revenue.

There were very legitimate reasons for it.

I.E. Some guy makes an incredibly shit slasher movie that looks like it cost a half a million to make.

Financier claims it was budgeted at 20 million. His son, the producer, who got a 19 million dollar fee, can back him on that.

But yeah, generally they decided direct financing was better, but it's pretty nebulous, since everything that gets made is unprofitable junk that doesn't promote Australia to international audiences in any way, shape or form.

Whereas the tax scheme produced stuff like The Road Warrior, Crocodile Dundee, Picnic At Hanging Rock etc etc.

The former two might not be high art, but they did more for Australian cultural recognition than something like this pile of shit will do.

>Unless the government knows how to make movies better than filmmakers.

That's what they believe.

They appoint some graduate in media studies to oversee the financing of films that reflect the cultural values Australia wants to promote to the rest of the world.

His entire family was also very heavily persecuted for being Irish.

It seems like embezzlement could happen either way, but maybe there's a good reason for it.

>the voice of reason is a literal downy
>10/10 for portraying people like these as more retarded than the actual mentally disabled

well yeah, exactly.

but then i was raised to be a gentlemen and have some self-respect.

no
they control the content not the quality

i don't think i said there was a problem with it. nope.

it does get old though. those types of people portrayed in the movie won't watch this movie and have a change of heart. they're basically preaching to the choir buddy and we want lulz.

Even then we have to trust that they make better decisions on the content than film makers, and that's if we don't get something like

i thought it was pretty clever. not clever enough to stop me from pirating it though

looks quite good, im looking forward to pirating it :)

>implying

This is the true GOAT Australian show.

As an Ausfag I generally hate Aussie comedy
it's literally all just
>LOOK AT HOW DUMB I AM, I'M BOGAN AND POLITICALLY INCORRECT HAHA
and
>Can you believe people actually believe this in 2016?
pic unrelated, this man put Aussie tryhards in their places.

I hope they're not going to push opening borders and all that like every other media outlet here. Why is there a muzzie on the poster if the actual movie involves Australia vs Lebs/wogs?

That's a totally different fucking thing, one group is trying to blow us to shit and cut off our heads for one thing.

>Bait: The post

welp pols here time to hide the thread

it's just to be provocative.
the only time Ned Kelly will be mentioned is with the tattoo scene shown in the trailer.

Go and do some research on all the infiltrators the australian police force has saved you from.

do these people ever stop and think "hey, maybe if a retarded mongoloid is the voice of reason in my story, maybe I need to reassess my values?"