PWR BTTM BTFO

discuss the downfall of PWR BTTM
>An anonymous woman has given an interview to Jezebel describing an alleged sexual assault by Ben Hopkins of PWR BTTM, adding to allegations of predatory behavior that have been circulating over the past two days. The woman, who Jezebel has given the pseudonym of “Jen,” claims that Hopkins “made sexually aggressive advances and started having sex with her without permission while also refusing to wear protection,” according to Jezebel. “Later, while she was asleep, Jen said she woke up to Hopkins trying to have sex with her again.” She also claimed that Hopkins assaulted her a second time a month after the first incident.
pitchfork.com/news/73469-alleged-sexual-assualt-by-pwr-bttms-ben-hopkins-described-in-new-interview/

/and all on release day/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5aZCYnsG--c
youtube.com/watch?v=OJtSg5FOdos
pitchfork.com/reviews/tracks/18786-pwr-bttm-big-beautiful-day/
youtu.be/fbhA-0IycPE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I wanna see that pic of him in front of the swastika

also all their live members and opening acts stopped associating with them

I mean I was in the whole "stop going on a witch hunt until we have evidence" camp but at this point there are details in the allegations where the band can come out and flat out deny them. The whole point of their statement was to have the stance of "if you believe you were abused then you were abused" rather than denying the allegations because they believed that would be insensitive.

Now, there are things that they can either come out and deny or stay silent and get torn to pieces as others take the silent hint.

>Hopkins “made sexually aggressive advances and started having sex with her without permission while also refusing to wear protection,” according to Jezebel. “Later, while she was asleep, Jen said she woke up to Hopkins trying to have sex with her again.”

it's either true or not. there's no in-between.

I kinda think we've had enough threads on this trainwreck, but I ain't a mod.

Just Google image search these two and tell me they're not totally full of shit. How stupid are LGBT people to give these frauds the time of day. It's like blackface for Trans people.

I supported Gira mostly because he has a long track record of artistic and personal integrity whereas his accuser had none. These two it's the other way around. Hope they disappear.

thank you

>lgbt guys
>having sex with women
if you needed to know they were full of shit

more like
WHT PWR

this

youtube.com/watch?v=5aZCYnsG--c

The Joker was right, yet again. SJWs just find targets wherever.

I didn't like their music, and I'm really glad this is happening after seeing so many yaas queen articles about them.

Just stick to Perfume Genius.

I honestly want to know: are you shitposting? Do you know what the fuck LGBT even means?

>Just stick to Perfume Genius.
mike is a sweetie tho. he's not even queercore either.

IT'S NOT A GIMMICK, WE SWEAR

>SJW's just find targets wherever
If this was going to come out anyway, ya'll would have called them hypocrites if the band wasn't held accountable

I'm so fucking glad these faggots got btfo, i wish i could beat the shit out of those little cunts

Ben is gonna off himself after this isn't he

hope so

THIS. I'VE BEEN SAYING FOREVER THAT THEY'RE FAKES WHO APPROPRIATE LGBT CULTURE FOR PERSONAL GAIN.

>presents themselves as voices of the current lgbt generation
>goes ahead and rapes women
what a cunt

>trusting white aryan cis binary bourgeoise MEN

>guy literally rapes someone
>how dare le spooky sjws make a target out of him

Was their music even decent? I heard some singles and they were catchy enough but their music is ruined now i guess

Mods, please delete this thread. This has as much to do with music as Anita and Zoe threads have to do with video games.

>literally
>twitter hearsay
>some anonymous girl on jezebel
How retarded are you

nothing remarkable, just another burger records band.

i dunno dude i fronted them more than they deserved cause they were gay but now i'm hesitant to immediately drop them, doesn't make sense huh

Cry more.

Everyone who went to college with Ben knew they were doing this as well.

They weren't gay, they acted like total fags. I'm quite surprised that more gays weren't embarrassed by their minstrelesque antics.

Now they get to be disgusted by them though.

I'm the one who started that rumor. It isn't true. I pulled it out of my ass. Of course they're fucking gay

I misspoke. I mean they were complete fags, gay or straight and I cannot believe they got so much support to begin with.

>le joker video
please go back to r e d d i t

You mean you're a homophobe, and you and other image board internet homophobes deliberately lied to ruin these kid's lives?

>they're gay
>allegations are about raping women

everything about this band was obviously put on for easy attention from "DIY queers" and the fact that so many people fell for their gimmick for so long without anything about their persons being called into question is laughable

youtube.com/watch?v=OJtSg5FOdos

oh is the lgbtqgjfmdk community no-true-scottsman'ing itself now lmao

>tfw sam hyde is now on sucide watch

So who's gonna be the next straight musician pretending to be gay to have his career destroyed by rape allegations?

I'm betting on pic related.

Nope, I mean I didn't buy their shtick and couldn't believe it suckered so many people in. They were just queer shucking and jiving and the music press ate it up and now they'll have to eat crow.

They've already had members quit and are being dropped from every single live performance. They are done. This is over. And this is a great outcome.

Go listen to Perfume Genius, a real artist not a caricature.

Its gonna be st vincent

Will toledo hopefully

can also bet on pic related, was just thinking about that actually.
great minds think alike user :^)

Ben Hopkins and Liv Bruce of PWR BTTM made catchy punk for outliers on their debut album, Ugly Cherries, and have since become role models for contagious self-confidence.

lol, pitchform called them role models. I wonder how long until this review is altered/deleted from their site.

pitchfork.com/reviews/tracks/18786-pwr-bttm-big-beautiful-day/

They even did a over/under episode with them LMAO

youtu.be/fbhA-0IycPE

DELET

Naw, she's a woman. She's bulletproof.

Why do you think he's only pretending to be gay?

>awkward sex

I can totally see news from Will raping people or some shit

He's way too much like all of my angry nerd friends that play guitar to be gay.

let's grab big titties

Leave Jamie alone pham

t.my dad

>band is called pwr bttm
>internet hipstersphere is surprised they are sexually degenerate deviants

W E W
E
W

>It's like blackface for Trans people
thats fucking good.

something i just thought up: pwr bttm have hit rck bttm.

>It's like blackface for Trans people
blackface for trans people is socially accepted: see non-binary, genderqueer, agender and associated terms that all mean the same thing but are actually DIFFERENT AND LITERALLY IMPORTANT

zoe is such a cute name

>It's like blackface for Trans people.
What? How? Do you have to genuinely believe you're a female to be allowed to dress up as one?

kek

what would some anonymous girl gain from destroying powr bttm. If she was lying why not go after Metallica or some band most people have heard of.

Lars is too on himself to ever try anything on anyone.

the lead vocalist """"identifies"""" as """"non-binary"""" or some variant that means the same thing which is completely insane yet accepted.

they trade in outrageous cultural facsimiles for attention. i dunno how you're missing the analogy here, its perfect.

People do the same shit all over the world with suspected "bum drillers" or "witches" or whoever that culture/group has decided is their "enemy." Don't act like it's just an ess jay dobble yew thing.

>non-binary
wtf is non-binary anyways and how is different from bisexual

non binary means you arent a boy or a gril

it means 'not conforming to gender roles', but it is also a legitimate gender (and every other variant of it is uniquely special) and completely different and if you question this concept you are immediately discommunicated

Calm down autist
No one in real life cares about this shit

I assume you don't go to college.

>something i just thought up

Take your reddit lies out of here I saw that on stereogum 4 hours ago.

Lars would just laugh at some twitter bitch trying to fling shit

kek

so one is a gender term and the other is a sexual orientation term?

legit curious, no flame pls

>college
>real life
Everyone's still acting like children in college

lol yeah dude who cares about anything life is just so temporary and fleeting maaaan

>the point
>your head

Moron.

right

>having a culture based off which hole you put your dick in

What a retard lmao

> I supported Gira mostly because he has a long track record of artistic and personal integrity whereas his accuser had none.

Couldn't have said it better. I don't go to a Swans show looking to become Gira's best friend. It is really satisfying that these richboi poseurs are getting what's coming to them, but real sad that a lot of kids trusted them to be relatable not-shitty :(

Oh the irony. How up your own ass do you have to be to jump into a thread of discussion and point out that nobody cares?

It's like cheating in a video game and then complaining how boring it now is. What makes you the arbiter?

So much of this shit in the local scenes!! Like, if I smear on some eye shadow, voila I'm now oppressed and a proverbial "survivor"

shits and giggles? why does Sup Forums do similar stuff all the time?

He's mad

>says dumb thing
>gets called out
>you're angry!

You are mentally a child.

A musical career ruined by some tweets and an anonymous testimony that could be faked

Women are fucking scary

>Power Bottom
>Doesn't like Power Bottoms

guy's life is ruined, not just his career
good riddance

Fucking good. I skipped a Pity Sex show on my birthday cause these fucks were opening.

with a name like that they probably arent much better

It almost fucked Conor Oberst for good

Fuck off, niggers. Jamie's a qt 3.14

I went to that show. Kinda sucked to be honest.

>discommunicated
try ex next time

lmfao at how accurate this is

shame that cucks at (((adult swim))) couldnt handle the bants and dropped the show despite it garnering a ton of views

it was fucking terrible, good move by adult swim