youtube.com/watch?v=k60LGtWd3NI
soundcloud.com/ourexitbag/haunting-the-underage-room
youtube.com/watch?v=HfakMBKEag8
vimeo.com/51713269
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Stop. Revive. Survive.

nah I don't need that shit

why is the ms20 so cheap! i see used minis around here for like $200-300
I wish there were more analogs in that price range. i just can't stand that poor excuse for a square wave.

I just simple drone
youtube.com/watch?v=k60LGtWd3NI

I have this baby. Recently started putting effects on it and it really came to life.
>mfw I bought a $400 MPC1000 and UPS left it outside at the gate of my apt yesterday and someone stole it within half an hour of delivery

You're rich enough to buy that shit but you live somewhere poor enough that that happens?

Having $400 to spend on a piece of gear isn't rich, I live in a very expensive city and there are families of spics and niggers that will pack 6 people into an apartment meant for 2 people. It happens and sucks.

Deep in it.
soundcloud.com/ourexitbag/haunting-the-underage-room

>rich enough to buy that shit
>$400

pretty cool

What are all the wires for?

to make complex farting noises

I have a tx81z on the way. Programming is gonna be a bitch but I like what I hear from it and they're so cheap.

cheap stuff is the best

I really want to fart about with one now.

>calls blacks niggers
>buys MPC designed for hip hop producers
oh

MPC is a shitty meme hip hop device if that's what you use it for, it's a perfectly fine sampler otherwise

i have one it literally sounds like Sega Genesis (which used a similar 4op FM chip) i love it so much
its not as lush as a DX7 or SY77 (which is an all time favorite synth/workstation) but the basses are so dancey and its not that bad to program if you do it on a computrer through sysex

its so expensive to just use as a sampler tho, you can buy an S series for half the price lol

The 6 operator models can't cover everything the 4 operator models can do anyway.

tru, thats why i have both lol
fm8 is a great vst but nothing sounds like those shitty old DACs heh

Who here /idioteque/

fedora

what? why?

it was bait sorry

Yeah I'm definitely going to look into programming it through my computer. I like challenging hardware, but that tiny screen gives me anxiety.

oh come on I've programmed far worse from the panel

increment/decrement keys suck, but there aren't that many parameters

i've fucked around with a buchla

Yeah I'm sure there is worse, but this is my first hardware fm so I'm just hoping for it to not be needlessly frustrating

I fuck with Flowers

>MPC1000
report it to UPS and get your money back

>tfw the only synth I own is a microbrute
I wants me some pads lads
Should I get the Minilogue or save up for something bigger

Have:
Roland JP-8000, Yamaha CS6x, Novation Supernova II, Korg M1r, Yamaha TX802

On the way (in the mail)
Roland JD-990, Access Virus C

Get one of the 90s Roland half rack synths and a used 25key controller, so you can minibrute base while your rolandy pads. They're like $140ish on ebay

minilogue is fine, honestly it sounds better than most vintage synths

some cheap stuff is overly limiting, but people who talk shit about the minilogue, MS-20, minibrute, etc. don't know anything

what brand is this? looks interesting.

>

UPS fucked up, get your $$ back

Flower Electronics

at today's prices I'd just spring for a JV-2080

youtube.com/watch?v=HfakMBKEag8

An akai s900 is a fucking huge box without a sequencer and like 5 seconds of sample memory.

definitely not the same... plus the S900 uses floppies and every MPC made after the 1000/2500 had SD card slots

And no, $400 is not much for a piece of gear. I buy lots of shit worth way more than that because I don't have debt or car payments

Other way around. 6-op synths like the DX7 can be configured to use only 4 operators.

The JV-2080 is the shit!! So is the 1080. Incredibly cheap and useful boxes

>An akai s900 is a fucking huge box without a sequencer and like 5 seconds of sample memory.

and a better sound than the MPC1000

anyway it's the S3000, etc. that are the good deals now

It sounds better in some ways but it's not practical to use something like that in 2017 unless you've got something really special like the S950

The S1000 is okay too I guess... worked for mr oizo

Thanks for the suggestions anons
Btw does anybody here have any practical advice for programming FM? All I know how to do reliably is program simple saws, organs, and the bass from Take My Breath Away. More specifically anytime I try to use more than just the carrier with a single modulator it goes to shit real quick.

No, the 4 operator models have a higher modulation index, and in the case of the TX81z, different waveforms. If you want to get specific DX100 or TX81z or whatever sounds, in some cases you won't be able to.

You can sort of work around it on the SY77 to get a higher modulation index by doubling up the modulation routings, but the waveforms are still different.

It's only the DX9 that's literally just a shittier version of a 6 operator model.

I called them and they wouldn't even consider it. The ebay seller and paypal are off the hook because the package was delivered, and everything I see online says UPS holds no responsibility and will not pay for stolen packages.

Experiment and take notes

oh shit you're totally right. I forgot all about the extra cool functionality that yamaha packed into the TX81z.

I don't think that's fair. Was it insured?

>More specifically anytime I try to use more than just the carrier with a single modulator it goes to shit real quick.

Ease off the modulation index, bro. It needs to be lower when using chains of operators, or it will just turn into an aliasy shitty mess.

Also git gud at feedback.

Yeah it doesn't feel fair, but I guess it keeps them from getting thousands of fraudulent claims of people receiving their shit and just reporting it stolen per year. I would have some luck if I had purchased it with a credit card, but it was all paypal and they don't care.

It wasn't insured and I hadn't bought anything from ebay in years and had carelessly assumed that anything over $250 required a signature upon delivery. It's a learning experience and I now will request everything to require a signature.

I filed a police report but in the meantime I'm stalking ebay and craigslist, if I see any pop up in my area I will go check them out with the hi def pictures the seller had and try to match up the scratches. That's my only hope in getting it back it seems.

rate/hate my top 50 most played?

oh shit meant to start a new thread :(

Audiothingies Micromonsta dude, it's the bomb for the price

If you don't mind being limited to strings the, check out the Waldorf Streichfett

If you decide on the minilogue get it from guitar center so if you don't like it you have like 2 weeks to return it. I bought it and it is nice but I didn't see myself using more than half the sounds I could get out of it and returned it on day 14 no questions asked.

only good one is Electric Feel desu

shameful display

Man, listen to some Electric Light Orchestra. Expand your horizons

>50 songs
>only one is over 5 minutes long
I hate millennials

This shit is nuts. Do you do the artwork?

Fucking minikeys

>idioteque
oh shit yeah
vimeo.com/51713269

mini keys are patrician

normie/10

Fucking ham hands.

Yes

I have one, but I don't use it at all.
How do black people from ghettos afford such expensive gear?

Total newfag here.

What are the auxiliary cables for? Can someone explain?

For maximum versatility, the signal path of the sound is run from each part by those wires.

Analog by itself is fucking boring trash until you add a bunch of effects onto it.

None of the modules are interconnected, you have to design the architecture of the signal path before you can use it.

>I'm proud of my short little girl fingers

Hate

Digital synthesis doesn't begin when you pick your vst presets, it starts with simple waveforms that sound even worse than their analog counterparts.

>Hey Eric (0:04)
>Genre: Dance
>Plays: 222

Look up WREN. Its a free open source virtual modular synth. A little glitchyy but the creator is a math wiz. It has the usual stuff, osc w/ pm and fm, lfos, envelopes, sequencers, filters. But also stuff like Euclidean rhythm generators and scale quantizers, oand lfos based on terrain and probability functions, crazy shit. Really good for creating near-sentient self generating patches. Much more complex than a lot of commercial software out there, but a little rough around the edges and not as professional sounding.

Similar to this

Been thinking about getting something like this for pads. Digital waveforms, analog filter.

yo what does this patch sound like?

know where you can buy these now? the website says sold out