ITT things plebs hate that you can't understand

>ITT things plebs hate that you can't understand

I can understand how plebs can hate listening to harsh noise and turn it off, but some things they hate and I have really no idea why.

They hate pretty much anything with acoustic guitars that isn't a pop song. For example I was asked to play some calming music, so I started playing John Fahey, and they acted like it was grating to their ears. I can get why they may not be that into it, but they acted like it was physically hurting them, and I was banned from playing any more music to them for the next week.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eOB4VdlkzO4
youtube.com/watch?v=DOWS7tSinzs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

because people are getting more ADD with time they can't listen to any song without a new element or noise introduced every 2-4 bars. pop trap like migos is really bad with this because without the adlibs they wouldn't get plays.

12 string acoustic guitar that normies loved.

youtube.com/watch?v=eOB4VdlkzO4

Sad music.
I don't mean >tfw no gf pop either. If you put on Spiderland it's guaranteed they'll think you're suicidal.

>implying i'm not

I really don't get how people don't like jazz. Like after trying to understand it and listening it more, there's so much versatility within the genre than just "jazz." Like, it doesn't have to be someone noodling on a sax for 50+ minutes, it can be so much more. Maybe I'm just bitter because nobody would show up to the jazz concerts my school would put on, yet orchestra and regular band got so much, when I think Jazz is just as, if not more, exciting from an audience stand point.

>implying I'm not

Music without lyrics.

In a lot of modern pop and stuff, the lyrics are either shallow or meaningless. I don't have a problem with that, but if for whatever reason you replace the vocal line with an instrument or something, people will lose their fucking minds. To the point where they say, "where are the words," or "when do the words come in," like they straight-up can't comprehend there being music without lyrics. So often, lyrics don't matter because so much of it doesn't mean anything, but "plebs" seem to NEED for whatever reason.

This

Am I the only person who can listen to garbage and music that is considered "patrician" at the same time?

I read a review where someone criticized an instrumental by saying 'there are no vocals! Vocals are the most important part of a song!'

That was the moment I knew the rest of the review would be pure trash. I don't normally read music reviews because usually the reviewers don't know shit anyway.

It doesn't matter how much of a music snob faggot you consider, Harsh Noise will not be respected because it's a mediocre genre that snobs pretend to like

It's 2deep4u

I'm like this, too. I like a fair amount of top 40 and tumblr-tier indie like Foster the People, but at the same time like Merzbow and whatnot. There are albums I like and don't like from every genre.

-poor advertisement
-its not hard to listen for dumbs
-but there is easy jazz for dumbs
-when people listen they like jazz
-they dont listen jazz because they dont know jazz
-they want to listen what they already known
-when jazz soundtracks added to movies, tv series people gonna listen jazz.

Harsh vocals. The instrumentals on a song could be fantastic, but some of them become whiny and uncomfortable when confronted with a vocal style that's the slightest bit heavy or guttural.

>liking Joanna Newsom

>normie gets irritated within the first 3 seconds

>DUDE WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS DO YOU HAVE TO LIKE TAKE ACID OR LSD TO LIKE THIS

it was just the unicorns

Honestly I kind of didn't like jazz until I started listening to bebop. Jazz has such a staggering amount of diversity and it's not really something that you can pick up from the style straight away - people know that progressive rock has borders on instrumentist wankery; punk's almost defined by its simplicity and impact; even if you pick something more general like alternative rock people will recognize certain things that are recurrent - but jazz? Many that have heard and know the terms can figure out what's the difference between bebop and cool jazz, but they're not widespread terms. So it's all thrown into "jazz". And people will always have a favorite style in general that if they listen they'll recognize, but if they do not know the terms for it, they'll never figure out what they actually like.

This was a bit of a ramble, but jazz isn't listened as much because it's not entirely understood as a genre with all its subgenres by outsiders.

Human voices are recognizable and our brain tends to like them, even if we do not understand or ignore the lyrics. Removing them and unless you're already used to listening to the music proper, the brain will genuinely get anxious in anticipation for a voice to listen to.

This so hard, holy shit.

>implying i'm not

That's because those kind of vocals are garbage.

I don't understand how people like you don't understand why those kind of vocals are objectively terrible.

>implying I'm not

plen

"no"

Plebs will not listen to ANY metal.

Why do so many norm is hate Tago Mago??? Not even the avant garden parts like Aumn, just basic songs like Paperhouse and Oh Yeah.

These are the true lovers of music.
People can find enjoyment in casual stuff, and patrician stuff.

Its easy to just shit on everything, its respectable and more patrician to find enjoyment in stuff that you criticize.

At my gym, i overheard some old ladies talking about my instructor playing his "angry music"

it's shite m8
'cuz metal is ass

But I can empathize with you anons, no one gives country a fair shake

Oh, i have given country an extremely fair chance but i really don't care about whiskey and a dodge ram

if you're being this reductive you've not given it a fair chance m8

youtube.com/watch?v=DOWS7tSinzs

agree. If any singer incessantly does it the entire song it ruins it. You can do it once maybe and the intensity of it will have an impact, but if your 40 minute album is nothing but that, it's fucking horrible to listen to.

Coldplay. Like i get it, they arent a very forward thinking snd innovative band by any means. But ive always felt their music was well made, emotional, beautiful, quality songwriting. And they were out of their fucking minds when they wrote viva la vida. Theyve kinda gone to shit since then, but parachutes to viva la lida was an excellent stretch of albums.

idk even though this isn't bro country it doesn't seem that good. It reminds me of how all 50s pop rock took similar approaches and all had the same chord progressions and structure. Every single note that happens in that song was expected because it's derivative of things we've already heard. I can't get into it.

The problem with most people is that they when they are young they just listen to whatever other people makes them listen, then they grow up and if they didn't got any interest for looking up for actually well made stuff it's very likely they will not care for anything that is different from what they heard before. That's probably the reason a lot of people seem to have a really childish way of thinking when it comes to music.

Most people on Sup Forums are like this but refuse to admit it in order to appear cool to internet strangers

Everybody in this thread needs to suck my dick.

well country is by virtue a traditionalist's genre, so that's a pretty fair critique

whip it out then faggot

Bro country is shit but I like old twangy bullshit, like pre 1970 stuff. Awesome for road trips actually.

I think most of the hate comes from disappointment, I think they really had potential to be an excellent pop rock band but they blew it and most of the people who didn't paid attention to them before start disliking them because of their newer music and also alienated fans of their old music.

>I'm not implying

>implying i'm not

It's hard to get into and the average listener doesn't understand the basics of a jazz tune. They don't recognize the melody of the standard they don't know the head comes first then improvisation.

They just have no context for anything so it's a turn off.