I just finished watching Dexter, what are your opinion on it and what do you suggest me to watch next. ( I watched BB...

I just finished watching Dexter, what are your opinion on it and what do you suggest me to watch next. ( I watched BB,GOT,Peaky Blinders,SOA,Taboo...etc)

Mr Robot!

watched it

sex in the city !!

ya, man, it's like 5 years old

Started really strong, once Michael C. Hall started writing it went down hill fast. John Lithgow was amazing in it though. I recommend either "the wire" or "six feet under".

I heard the wire is good

Try Hannibal (the TV series) if you like serial killers with attitude.

The walking dead?

Probably the most well written show of all time. It's on my Mount Rushmore of television programs.

Fucking great series. Here's a pic of my nearly complete Dexter Kill Tool set.

For reference here's the screen used.

What you have more on Mount Rushmore?

Some good shit man. Did you ever use it like Dexter or ever wanted to use it like him?

Suits is very good. If you're into history/drama/politics try watching Man in the high castle if you got Amazon prime. Or stream it

Also the same watch as used on Dexter.

Blacksails, da vincis demons

Agree with Six Feet Under. One of the best series ever.

Oh yeah. Only on animals though. Also have a couple of blood slides.

you are like n01 fan lol

tell me more lol

Dexter was good.

Shame it ended on a cliffhanger at the end of season 4.

The story happens around the sociopath and is narrated from his perspective. It ended when the black guy died but kept going until dex got away. Probably would've been better if deb killed him.

Thank you I like to think that way too.
All of the screen used knives as used before unpacking them.

I love Dexter, i just hate how all the women in the show find a way to pull some bullshit 24/7

Dude there's 8 seasons.

>Only on animals though
Literally how Dexter (and many serial killers) started.

No it ended when Rita died.

Like I said, I'm glad it ended after 4 seasons.

Would be tragic if they had kept going with the series and absolutely trashed it, right?

good vibes on this thread

Well he is my inspiration through alot. Also has a prop replica of the Blood Slide box made by the same people who made it for the show.

Fuck me. I thought I was a big fan, but I never gave any thought to collecting the same knives and tools.

Although I did do a fair bit of digging into the apartment he had on the show, tried to rent it.

That and a few other locations from the show I hit up as soon as I moved to FL.

I sure do, firefly is up there too.

do a time lamps i don't really believe this shit

The next show you should watch after Dexter is Lie To Me.
But what I thought about this show was that it was over at the end of the second season, because after that it made no sense and became extremely unrealistic as opposed to the first two seasons seeming only partially unrealistic.
They danced a line where they told a story about a guy who was a successful serial killer, and who was basically in the middle of a very deliberate and diligent murder spree with minimal time between kills due to expert execution.
It was great up until that second season ended but it wasn't for a love of Doakes as a character or actor, but for several reasons following his death.
>Killing a police officer is no small offense, for Doakes to be killed following a huge clash with Dexter Morgan as well as developing some hunch related obsession with him is too revealing for Dexter to continue killing unnoticed. Someone would have been tracking his movements without his knowledge if only out of curiosity.
>The show after the second season takes a comic style turn for....slightly toward the worst. Like the show is still good after that, but it becomes this cartoonish depiction of what this lifestyle would entail. The writer seemed to only care about creating conflict and resolution without any attention to whether or not it seemed plausible and in several instances they ignore that all together as well as pepper in a few really cheesy cliche subjects and themes.
>Doakes should have been saved for the end of the series; it would have made more sense to see Dexter and Doakes kill each other because it would have told the story of a person born in violence, living a life of violence, ending violently. Lots of crying instead took place and his hot ass sister dies instead. I really enjoyed the show for it's best theme though, righteous murder (as if there is such a thing) but
>more in next

It didn't end when Rita was killed by the Trinity killer? Christ where have you been.

He is saying it sucked after that...

can you tell me a little bit more about Lie To Me?

>>Killing a police officer is no small offense, for Doakes to be killed following a huge clash with Dexter Morgan as well as developing some hunch related obsession with him is too revealing for Dexter to continue killing unnoticed. Someone would have been tracking his movements without his knowledge if only out of curiosity.

Quinn in season 5 i think?
>hurp de durp guess it wasnt him cause deb said so

Don't really have the box with me as I'm currently moving from living with my gf where my box is displayed and to where I'm currently studying. But I have the watch and kill tools with me.

>instead they even managed to find a way to work themselves out of that.
Basically this show's high points are in paying attention to how he uses his job to find his targets and also uses his experience to eliminate them.
>Cheesy shit included
>"my code"
>"My dark passenger"
>"muh no feels cuz I kills but then I feels cuz I'm human"
>anything involving children
>hispanic culture as a prop
>mos def is a spiritual guide for convicts

HBO's Rome and Deadwood are both pretty great. Shameless isn't too bad either and it's on Netflix

Also original discontinued Messermeister 12 Pocket Knife Roll Bag as used on the show. Extremely rare now a days.

you are the real mvp, you from America? Cus i'm not

You're fucked up man.

It's not like a rated R show
it's on netflix
it stars that guy who was in the hateful eight as well as he was the villain in the incredible hulk
It's about a guy who reads peoples faces to tell if they're lying
it's supposed to be based in science but...idk how accurate that is.
Good watch though and I think it's only like 3 seasons long.
You'll have to watch the first episode to know what I mean. If you've ever watched House and enjoyed it, Lie To Me is for you. It's like House of catching criminals because Dr. Lightman and Gregory House are bout assholes.

Scandinavia mate.

Good to hear that im on Balkan

The dark passenger Shit was done better in the novels

>tried to rent it

Black sails if feeling pirates, Spartacus if feeling gladiators(the special effects suck tho), west world if feeling for cowboy/scifi, daredevil is pretty good, or there's sherlock (honestly really good, you just have to ignore the fandom)

I feel like it's only good if at all in novels.
In the show it felt hokey and like he was trying to hard to create this poetic narrative when the narrative is actually supposed to be taking place in his own head.

Some more shots of my Dexter watch.

What's next, move to Miami and then get a job as a forensic scientists and buy a boat?

Sopranos is a must.

lol

I enjoyed The Killing series.

watched it

Well currently busy becoming a watchmaker at the moment but who knows.