This album is so slept on. So ahead of it's time. Kanye literally saved hip-hop...

This album is so slept on. So ahead of it's time. Kanye literally saved hip-hop. And now we're seeing it's influence spill into other genres as well.

808 > MBDTF

FACTS

yeah, no shit

swear to christ, p4k scoring MBDTF ruined Sup Forums

>fake facts

essentially. MBDTF is amazing, but 808s needs it's just due

this isn't news or threadworthy

>And now we're seeing it's influence spill into other genres

examples / link ?

drake, the weeknd, etc

It influenced Drake (eh), Lil Uzi Vert (eh), Travis Scott (nope) and apparently the Weeknd (nah)
Massively overrated by ppl who want it to be reevaluated, although there will possibly be no other rap album as overrated this decade as MBDTF. Kendrick's getting close though

Banks, Anna Wise?

I don't mean to sound like a prick but you do realise that contemporary R&B predates 2008 right

somehow dont believe you

pretty much all of the modern hip hop genres take at least one thing from it

You might as well give credit to Cher as a rap pioneer for using Auto-Tune on Believe
Modern rap's Auto-Tune shit comes from Wayne more than Kanye

But no one did it like 808s until post-808s.

It created Kid Cudi, and he created modern hip-hop.

>it's
>it is
>needs it is just due

r e t a r d

nah one genius who aint lazy

If Kid Cudi was created by 808s then Nico was created by the Velvet Underground

Cudi influences a very small subset of modern hip-hop, outside of Uzi and co. he might as well not have existed

Saay you willlll
I preeeeh you will

Fucking garbage

808s is god tier

Kanye even went back and remade Say You Will

It's on his soundcloud. I'm too lazy to post the link. It's even better than the original.

We need 808s PT 2.

the easiest pleb indicator is when someone hates 808s and yeezus

The sudden influx of feelsboy hip hop artists post-808s isn't a coincidence. Drake wouldn't exist had it not been for Kanye making 808s.

no 808s no drake

plain and simple, one of the most important albums in hiphop I'd put in the top 50 for sure

it's also top 2 Kanye objectively if we're talking about his influence on the genre

>implying kanye was the first person to use autotune

it bugs me how kanye stans overlook everything that came before 808s and point to it as this monolith of today's music scene

I'll be honest I'm a Kanye stan but i doubt that kid cudi and more importantly the biggest artist in hiphop today would even have careers without that albums release. And before you say it I know cudi helped with 808s but he only has credit on 1/4 of the album when looking at gym he credits so you can't just discredit its influence because of stans

Ikr, you'd think T-Pain never existed the way ppl talk about 808s

the way T pain applied autotune to his songs was a completely different method compared to what Kanye did on 808s and trap rappers like Future do

Wayne did it before Kanye

T pain is unironically one of the most underrated rappers of all time

Sure 808s is a good album but it didn't turn the genre upside down and to say that it did is reductive and simplistic

T-Pain was doing happy and energetic stuff though, the complete opposite of all the post 808s stuff being referenced

they both in the same genre as kanye desu

Also if you hold up influence on Drake as making something important to hip-hop then Aaliyah is a top 5 hip-hop influencer of this decade

Oh yeah, like no rapper talked about their feelings on a song before Kanye. What a visionary he is.

You clearly havent listened to Epiphany dumbass

808s was in no way innovative in its lyrical content
Z-Ro sang about depression in his raps years before Kanye did

eh Drakes early r&b had strong Aaliyah elements but he's developed that Torronto r&b sound since Take Care was released. And come on this isn't arguable Kanye is one of the most influential hiphop artists to ever exist I dare you to name your three people that have changed the hiphop scene as drastically as Kanye has throughout their career

Dr. Dre
Rakim
Ice-T
I could go on

Even going more mainstream, DMX, Jay Z, Nas, Scarface/Geto boys, all had very popular songs with strongly introspective and emotional lyrics before Kanye even started producing

>ice-t

No I'll give you Dre and I could argue Rakim but I won't so please go on you have one more

Yeah, Kanye even produced a song where Face and Jay were pouring their hearts out about loss and fearing death lol

Dr Dre/NWA
DJ Premier/Gang Starr
Rakim
dust brothers
Chuck D/PE
pharrell
Scarface
DMX

You're a dumbass if you don't rate Ice T

dust get that bullshit list out of here

Ice-T was the first gangsta rapper (except maybe for Schoolly D), his influence is incalculable

Kool Moe Dee invented double-time rapping

you're a dumbass if you think he's been more influenced more artists than Kanye has. Not even kidding you're a fucking idiot if you think that I know T is a legen but I'm not delusional

schooly D was the first gangster rapper you fucking poser read up on your history

Would you call schooly D more influential than Kanye then?

I do rate ice but I don't think he's more influential than Kanye West

Ice-T influenced 95% of West Coast gangsta rap, do you know how long L.A. dominated hip-hop and how long a trail it left

Kanye wearing pink polos and saying he was insecure was a big shift but not comparable

I said maybe Schoolly D lol, relax
I haven't slept in ages and someone's trying to tell me Kanye is top 3 hip-hop influencers, cut me some slack

Camron and dipset were way more influential in fashion than Kanye was

Yeah man, even with Cam being treated as kind of a living meme these days people don't always acknowledge that (although Kanye did on Pablo, to be fair to him)

Kanye has influenced more artists than your favorite rapper

Post a list and I guarantee Kanyes is longer

What rappers has Kanye really influenced in terms of how they sound
Kanye's truest and most popular descendent is Travis Scott, what does that say about his legacy

And eminems biggest direct influence is hopsin or yelawolf what's your fucking point?

E-40 influenced Snoop, Kendrick, Danny Brown, most Bay Area rappers

Kanye influenced a couple of the new Auto-Tune guys and, like,the general ambience of the game, maaan
Vince likes him I guess
He definitely influenced the weird rapper-as-overhyped-fashion-brand thing that A$AP Rocky's doing though

ASAP Rocky is a direct descendent of Cam'ron

And that reflects poorly on Eminem as an influence on the sound of rap

none of these new modern rappers would exist without Ye, who is really doing the myrical lyrical shit or catchy punchline rap anymore besides Kendrick, Cole, big Sean (lol), Logic (lmao) or I guess RTJ. The entire hip hop scene today is Kanye

Big Sean and Logic are two of the most popular rappers of the decade so you can't pooh-pooh them away like that. Your post just proves you only focus on the mainstream

Cam'ron had jokes and feeling in addition to flow though
Also he respected southern rap enough to feature on a Bone Crusher remix and remake No Limit tracks instead of just wearing gold grills and ad-libbing "UH"
Fair point though

were talking about influence and I just said the entire hiphop scene today is run by Kanye. And I listed mainstream artists just like you listed ALL MAINSTREAM artists in your post so I ask again what point are you trying to pull out of your ass? We've been talking mainstream hiphop all threD

Kanye was always a backpacker at heart, just not very good at it. Hence the mingling with Common and ATCQ namedrops
Lil Yachty and whoever else riding the zeitgeist atm are wayyy more influenced by Gucci etc., and the goofiness is mostly coming from Lil B

I could be wrong, name some specific Kanye disciples pls

You seem to define the mainstream as exclusively Drake and mumble rappers apart from who you mentioned

You're a fucking idiot no one you mentioned in your post were underground unless you're trying to argue that. Snoop underground? Kendrick and Danny brown are underground? I'm done with you

That wasn't me you responded to before

That guy isn't me, I'm the E-40 fan

You're still wrong though

well sorry I can't identify all of you dumbassed individually on an anonymous website. Are you two seriously trying to argue that most of this mumble trap rap shit is attributed more to Gucci and Lil B than Kanye? If you are then I'm done and fine you're right lol

Kanye mumble rapped once when his jaw was broken and occasionally when imitating Mase, Gucci was almost full time
Their flows are way closer to Gucci and Three 6 than Kanye, their beats too

Disgusting.

Name a Kanye song with triplet flow, name a Kanye song with a trap beat...

Gucci is more influential to hiphop than Kanye

Done with this shit thread kill yourselves

This

But don't kill yourselves, listen to Scarface songs about wanting to kill yourself, then cry as you realise that just because something isn't branded as High Art by rock media and hypebeasts doesn't mean it doesn't exist or matter