ITT: jazz musicians that suck balls

ITT: jazz musicians that suck balls

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uHhPmXqts3M
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Grant Green.

Jolson was awesome you queer

I'm an agnostic atheist but if god exist he will punish every Sup Forumsack without any mercy.

Louis Armstrong
Stupid little Uncle Tom human cartoon that couldn't carry a fucking tune to save his life so he subjected himself to little ditties

>al jolson
>jazz musician
heh

Idle Moments is objectivly great tho.
His colabs with Sonny Clark aren't that bad either.

Jolson was a vaudeville/pop singer.

He's the most overrated guy in Jazz next to maybe Chet.

Seth McFarlane

What? If there's one jazz guitar player constantly not talked about, it's Grant Green. Wes Montgomery on the other hand... Although I don't think he's overrated either.

Most people only know one jazz guitar focused record and the record is Idle Moments

>Overrated = shitty

All jazz music made before the mid-40's is shit. This is fact.

>putting words in my mouth like a girl
Yikes.
>doesn't like Trad Jazz with the banjos and the oboe
Yikes.

Shut your mouth about Chet u bitch

I want you plebs off my board.

Could be. But can you honestly say that Grant wasn't a phenomenal guitar player? I mean, when your half notes at ~80 bpm sound precise and otherworldly, you have something other guitar players just don't.

Not even black people give a shit anymore m8. He was a great singer.

Yeah but Grant's problem was translating that into great music, which a lot of stuff just simply is not, it's pleasing and impressive, but not memorable. He's like the prototype one of the 8 billion Metal guitarists who have genuinely impressive technical ability and tone but waste all of it on indulgent wank. You couldn't possibly take his skills away from him but he basically did nothing with it.

>
Al Jolson was not a jazz musician though.

>inb4 vocal jazz is jazz
you need to die

benny goodman fucking blows

How did he do nothing with it? It's almost as if you haven't listened to Idle Moments. I would argue that John Scofield is underrated, although not unknown. What about Roland Kirk? There's a truly underrated player.

My buddy calls him "Disney Jazz"

>inb4 vocal jazz is jazz
>you need to die
Not him, but let's hear it. Explain to us all how are Ella Fitzgerald, Nina Simone, Sarah Vaughan and Billie Holiday not worth listening to.

Roland Kirk is the fucking MAN
Look at this shit. Look at it! youtube.com/watch?v=uHhPmXqts3M

Yeah you know, Ella, Nina, Billie, Sarah Vaughan the list goes on.

>Look at this shit. Look at it! youtube.com/watch?v=uHhPmXqts3M
I know, that's why I mentioned him. A true original.

And how did you prove any of those women aren't worth listening to? You could have a leg to stand on if I've mentioned some smooth jazz singers.

The least fun fun fact ever: Hendrix booked studio time with Miles, Kirk and ""maybe"" Yusef Lateef separately, right before he died.

Most of Ella's shit is the most obnoxious Big Band you will ever hear in your life, it has no real depth or vulnerability like Billie.

What about her albums with Joe Pass? At least mention the good stuff.

Fuck off!

lol you fucking tard. There's a good reason Grant Green is never talked about, his playing is just average. He was pretty great on one chord jams and vamp sessions but he could never play changes all that well.

Jesus Christ listen to Hot Fives and Sevens you bitch man

What are other guitar players then? Absolute beginners throughout their whole careers? You're being ridiculous.