So, why did people continue making music after this album was released?

So, why did people continue making music after this album was released?

Other urls found in this thread:

tinymixtapes.com/news/oneohtrix-point-never-and-james-ferraro-soundtrack-artist-jon-rafmans-latest-video-project
tinymixtapes.com/chocolate-grinder/listen-guys-next-door-behind-wall
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The real question is what's the follow up to GoD going to sound like?

Also, anyone else heard of the Dream Journal Jon Rafman was making that is soundtracked by 0PN and James Ferraro?

tinymixtapes.com/news/oneohtrix-point-never-and-james-ferraro-soundtrack-artist-jon-rafmans-latest-video-project

This is the greatest album cover of all time.

there's also this collaboration between AG Cook and Lopatin I found out about recently.

tinymixtapes.com/chocolate-grinder/listen-guys-next-door-behind-wall

I need to keep up with 0PN more. Probably some really good stuff hidden around out there.

>only 3 noteworthy songs
>the rest is awkward soundcloud-tier experiments

gee yeah i don't know why we're still playing chords

>3 noteworthy songs

What?

Americans
Inside World
Zebra
Still Life
Along
Problem Areas
Cryo
Chrome Country

All of these are great songs, and are more than worthy of note in context of the album and in pop/ambient music in general. Daniel took the presets and cheesy midi synths of the 80's and made them completely ethereal, plasticated, glossy deliciousness. The instrumentation sounds so disingenuine, fake, yet the arrangements and composition convey so much emotion, even with their rigidity and sharp edges.

Yeah, it's totally deep and symbolic and looks awesome on my dorm room wall.

We said it when it came out and I'll say it now: if this were made by a bandcamp producer, literally no one would give a shit.

Taking your snide comment into account, the composition and color contrast is pretty fucking pleasing to the eye in all seriousness.

You're kidding right? This album was introductory to a lot of 0PN's fanbase. Replica is very well loved, but R+7 opened up to a whole new audience. The reason being, it expanded vastly on the sampling used in Replica. Your argument is proven wrong by releases like Giant Claw's "Dark Web" which you will argue is only popular because of R+7's success. I guarantee you, whether this was by 0PN or not, it would have been appreciated greatly. It's a great album, and it brings back the post-modern/modern-classical stylings of artists like Steve Reich, Phillip Glass or Andrew Poppy. Was it entirely new? No. Was it ground that had been tread before? Yes. But did Daniel succeed in doing it with his own flair and a sound entirely his own by incorporating his own elements of modern music and genre bending into it? Yes, he did. And he continued to do so with Garden of Delete, that is expand on his sound by incorporating elements of both Replica and R+7 but by adding in genre bending from the 90's grunge and electronic dance music eras. Daniel Lopatin isn't necessarily a pioneer or inventor (unless you count Ecco Jams) but he is certainly an innovator and a renaissance man of sorts.

I am just waiting for the day people realize Garden of Delete is his masterpiece, and not R+7.

Returnal***

Ouroboros is honestly one of his greatest tracks, even if it is simplistic. I have literally listened to that track on repeat for hours. Meditative...Not his masterpiece though.

so what is this album and why should I care for it?

>I am just waiting for the day people realize Garden of Delete is his masterpiece

finally someone said it

I don't know, go listen to it and determine that for yourself?

I would if I knew the fucking name of the thing

I'm still convinced this is about 50 years ahead of it's time

>not google image searching the album cover or reading any of the posts in this thread

how fucking new are you?

Generally post-modern music evokes that feeling. Go listen to stuff like Andrew Poppy's The Beating of Wings or Steve Reich's Music for 18 Musicians. Both were composed between 1985-1995. Also, Yasuaki Shimizu's Music for Commercials, also a 1980's release (1987). All of these albums fit quite nicely in the general term for post-modern music, and all of them sound far ahead of their time. Especially when artists like 0PN and James Ferraro have been bringing the style into their musical focal points. Both are definitely gaining some popularity in recent years.

I'm really hoping for more of a resurgence in this type of sound. The syncopated rhythms and melodies composed within electronic programs creating this really weird balance of natural timbre and abstract algorithms...it's capitvating.

haven't heard those guys but this gave me the same feeling

Will have to give this one a listen for sure.

That's funny because Stockhausen would have said the opposite, that the music sounds archaic enough to have been made by him or his colleagues in the 1950s, just like he said of Aphex Twin's music.

then he should have done it

this

How long have you survived on Sup Forums without
>Google search for this image

You're captivating me right now

i much prefer this one by the same artist. has a more stripped back structure. more of a unique quality overall i think. every song sounds like like its breathing

>disingenuine
Disingenuous is the word you mean.

Not heard this, might give it a go. Does it have bangers of the kidney of "I'm Bad, I'm Nationwide" and "Legs" on it?