Any biologists here?

Any biologists here?
I want to get into bio, but there's so many branches, I don't know how to pick one
How do I pick a major bros

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Fl4L4M8m4d0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You're in the wrong place faggot. Go tell your science bullshit to the /fit/ board and join the cardio bunnies.

There's a nice science board right over there

if you want a career, do immunology, pharmacology or genetics.

There is also an open place to curl over there, but instead here you are being a faggot trying to curl in the squat rack. Go make me some sammiches.

you are aware /fit/ has nothing to do with biology other than being fit right

you're not allowed to post career related threads on sci

why those 3?

Don't talk to me about being aware. Are you aware that I'm fucking zyzz bra. I'm fucking zyzz bra. I have harnessed the power of zyzz, and I bench 3 plates since I was 12.

90% of biologists make minimum wage due to the oversaturation of med and chem students that couldnt cut it.

unless you do something specific with a biology degree like genetics youll never do anything worth the cost of the degree.

zyzz died from a steroid overdose in a ladyboy whorehouse
that's not the type of dude who's spirit you'd wanna inherit

get into pharma, biotech. immunomodulation, precision medicine getting big. Profit.

hmm something specific as opposed to doing something general?
what's an example of doing something general then, i don't understand what you mean by specific

Hey OP, I'm a "biologist" lol but not really.

Majored in plant and animal biology with a minor in chemistry. Have experience in a few fields.

Fuck environmental. Toxicology and any type of surveying sucks. Dealing with jim bob who smokes 10 packs/day but thinks the tar pits 50km away is killing him, or soulless corporations that you know won't abide by your survey. If you like the environment get into environmental engineering or research, much more fulfilling.

I work in pharmaceuticals now. Big money in sales if you're good at your job. Also options to move into lab work if you're into that shit. Very demanding field, but it's worth the work.

A few friends of mine got into zookeeping. Shit pay, for picking up shit, but they are obviously the happiest bunch. They get to play with tigers and shit all day.

Plant people are fuckin weird. Most of the plant people I know got into research or conservation. They get to travel a lot but aside from field work its a lot of boring paperwork.

Know a few doctors. It is what it is. You either can or you can't.

I can try to be more specific if you want more insight, I know quite a few "biologists" in a million different fields.

Hell naw bro. Hell no. Zyzz was a god among men. He was the savior of humanity, and we have fallen from grace. Zyzz is a badass mutha fucker, and the only reason that we all are going to make it is because of his aesthetics.

fuck dude I can't pick one lol
I know it's sounds like a dumb thing to bitch about but there's a bunch of paths posted itt, and then within those paths are a bunch of paths
i just don't get how you guys do it

having a focus like genetics, immunology, etc. having a general catch-all biology degree qualifies you to do work in a sewage treatment plant or doing environmental restoration where youll literally just dig ditches all day and plant plants.

>play with tigers
bro that sounds dangerous, fuck that
i do want to be happy tho

what made you choose plant? you say plant people are weird, is there a common factor amongst plant biologists that makes them choose plant biology?

yes i would love some more specifics
> you can or you can't
what do you mean by this
the big downside of going for doctor is you have to spend a huge amount of time in school right?

ok. i just didn't know what a catch all bio degree was so it confused me
i think i get it now

it depends what you want to do after college. most bio majors are pre-med, but thats dangerous because if you dont get into medicine you're stuck with a useless biology degree and you end up teaching science in high school or something. Unless you want to do that, you do you

what's with the tunnel snake meme btw
i'm not a huge gamer but i did play fallout
what's so special about the tunnelsnake

ooh thanks for the warning
but from the advice i'm hearing, damn near everything is dangerous
if you choose academia it's hard to get a job position but you have high security
if you do industry you can get a job easily but you have low job security
etc.

>play with tigers
A friend of mine is in marine biology and she rehabilitates dolphins and shit. Little safer if they don't dolphin rape you.

>plant
I hate microbiology. Plants are boring but it was part of the "plants and animal" major. The strict plant guys do a lot of nerd work. They study things like algal-blooms which is basically goop and you grow it in a lab and run tests on this goop. Or they fly to bolivia and hike out into the mountains to get a glimpse of some new plant that needs to be classified. Or maybe you blend up some plant to see what kind of compounds are inside it. A lot of lab work and all the plant people I know are way too excited over it, that's all. Lots of enthusiasm.

>med
You either have perfect grades, fantastic extra-curriculars, and are not a social autist, or you don't because it's too much effort. It's incredibly difficult to get into med school unless you go overseas, and even then still incredibly difficult -plus you have to write re-entry exams (most of the time). You're looking at 4 years of undergrad, 4 years of med, and then potentially another 2+ or more. Studying for med is a full time job. Get into residency and you're doing 80h of work AND you have to study. You will not have a life. Depending on where you're from it might not even be worth it financially.

dolphin thing is interesting
it sounds fun in the fact that you're playing with dolphins
but there's something about it that is unattractive to me and i'm not sure what
i think pride in the work, i don't really care much about the healthcare of a few dolphins, i'd feel much more fulfilled learning about the human biology, or like being a molecular biologist researcher, or something like that

plant thing sounds cool but nerdy
i would equate it to programming in that sense
maybe they are just more enlightened than us and have shed all social stigma to pursue a passion we can't even understand of

ok med thing sounds bullshit

biomajor here
did a cell culture program during my undergrad. I work at a big pharma company 47k. Pretty decent and laid back. Planning on moving into software though, specifically bioinformatics.

Sauce on that image?

so i guess i'm considering molecular bio because i keep hearing it's a hot field, very much on the upside right now. but that's virtually all i know about it, that and like the first blurb on it on wikipedia

and the other thing i'm innately interested in is the human body, and also nutrition
do you know anything about any of these fields?

>big pharma
do you have to go to med school for that?
and nice, personally i'm more interested in the biology side of things, less on software so bioinformatics is not for me

i sauced on that image alright

>do you have to go to med school for that?
no, I just grow white blood cells in a sterile clean room, and bullshit for the rest of the 6hrs. Although I believe the reason I even got the job was my internship as a lab tech, and I live close to the site.

This guy mentioned all the right stuff Genetics is dope. You're basically manipulating life. Most of the genetics people I know do cancer research and they get to put cancer in rats or put cancer in cells and see what happens.

Unfortunately my company doesn't do a lot of vaccines! So I haven't interacted with any immunology people. But again, it's a lot of research. That's why I got into sales, big money and it's still bio/chem.

My fiancee does nutrition. She's debating becoming registered as a nutritionist (but that would take more schooling on top of an undergrad) or she plans on doing government research/policy for old folks homes and disabled veterans. She says it's very fulfilling work since you get to interact with people all the time.

Physio is shit pay, but sports physio guys basically get to be in the gym all day. So it's pretty laid back and you get to help people better themselves.

I work in pharma sales and I only have an undergrad. I interview like a motherfucker. Sell sell sell.

sounds cushy man
honestly if i had a job like that i don't know if i would be satisfied
i have a feeling i need to be either interested in my work, or have a belief that my work is doing a great good, or both

I'm not going into detail cause my company is going through an audit and what not, but what I'm doing is treating leukemia. So, yeah it's a greater good, but at the same time, anyone could do what I'm doing, so that's why I'm switch to bioinformatics or genetics with computation. At the end, computers will takeover so gotta behead of the game before that shit happens.

what is pharma sales exactly?
like how are you selling them exactly?
i'm picturing the man behind the counter at my local pharma, but i don't think he's making that kind of dough

i thought doing more schooling on top of an undergrad was the norm?
what's the pay like for nutrition field?
on the surface, nutrition research seems specifically appealing to me, but honestly i wouldn't mind learning about it in any capacity

hmm i don't think i want to be in a gym all day anyway so i might pass on the physio

nice man
yeah i don't like that feeling of being a cog in a machine is what i meant
even if we need those cogs to make the world work, it just feels weird to me. maybe i'm trippin

different user, same one with pharma cell job.
basically pharma sales is you go talking to doctors or companies and try to get them to buy or take your product. I'm told it's somewhat stressful cause all of the legal shit that can happen.

legal shit can happen out of being a salesman?
wat the hell
dude itt doesn't seem to be very stressed anyway

>yeah i don't like that feeling of being a cog
you'll get that working in a pharma, especially one where people with no science degrees are demanding certain tasks, when they're retarded and don't understand how biology works. For example, your company figures out a bacteria that can produce a chemical that can cure lupus or something. Said company goes "oh, we can treat that shit in 5 days" while not fucking do full testing on it, or knowing people aren't the same so things will vary like protein expression, etc. But still pushes the idea, and still demand things run in a certain way, even though it would a lot easier in another way. Then you have to factor change controls which takes forever, testing equipment before they're ready to be used.

Anyone here fuck with cognitive/neuro? I'm currently a biochem major, but stuck between switching into neuro research or environmental science. I've talked to a lot of environmental dudes who seem to be content, but I've yet to talk with anyone in the neuroscience/neurobiology/cognitive side of things

ok got you
doesn't sound like the place for me then unless i have a shift in worldview
which isn't impossible tbh. i've significant changed my worldview at least 3 times in the past few months on some "what's the meaning of life" shit
even this whole biology thing is a complete shift for me lol

Basically I reach out to doctors in their offices and arrange appointments where I drive to their office and showcase some of my company's drugs. They buy "samples" and hand those out to patients and in turn those patients buy our drugs. The more doctors I sell to the more money I make. We're expected to make at least 4 appointments per day - I shoot for 6+ on the regular. Gotta hit those bonuses.

Pharmacy / being a pharmacist is basically med school in my country. It's another 4 years on top of undergrad. Good money though.

You can be a "nutritionist" and work as a nutrition consultant or whatever with just an undergrad, but you won't actually be registered unless you do a specific program that makes you a "registered nutritionist".

My fiancee is getting offers starting at ~60k american for government jobs and within 5 years she could be up to ~85k american. She also gets amazing benefits. If she chose to work privately (ie. a private retirement home) she could be making 150k to 200k american as a director. She also has her masters, has published a few papers, and an extensive resume full of experience in retirement homes.

Basically the only legal shit that could happen is that your company gets fucked by the law, but that could happen to anybody and you're just a salesman so your skills are transferable. Also, you can't [get caught] bribe doctors of else you get black booked [if you get caught]. And finally you can't fuck with the handling of your drugs or else if the samples are compromised and someone dies/gets injured because you forgot to put your shit in the fridge then you're fucked, but don't be an idiot and follow procedure and you'll be fine.

well this poster was against enviro and he also says he knows a lot of biologists, so maybe he has some insight on neuro

My experience has been the opposite of his though. Everyone I've talked to in environmental seems to enjoy it and recommends it as long as you can dig spending all your time in forests. As for environmental engineering, everyone I know who went into it ended up either switching majors after interning or regretting their major after graduation. There is good money in it, but spending all your time in factories filled with rivers of human shit isn't worth the payoff, apparently.

broo that deal your fiancee has sounds nice
she also sounds pretty accomplished, idk if that's me or not tbh, so the cash for me if i follow that path will probably look a bit different

lool @ bribing
how often does that happen?
also why do you post an image with every post?

ok. I mean I don't know shit so I can't really weigh in on that

welp rip
been a good ride bros

wow op can bump thread?
since when was this a thing

Don't really know any neuro guys. Friend of mine did biopsych and now she's publishing a paper on giving rats LSD and then cutting open their brains to see how they changed after LSD. She gets paid 18k per year (this will probably take her 3 years) and then gets "bonuses" based on how much grant money is left over at the end of each pay period. She got an extra 8k on her last cheque. She aims to continue researching and publishing and eventually get into teaching at a university for ~75k american.

I mean, this guy is right. I havent heard any complaints about the field work. Everyone loves that. Especially sometimes you get to ride in a helicopter if you're surveying remote areas. Or sometimes you go boating for a day haha. My buddy brings his fishing rod so he can fish during his lunch break. The only drawbacks is that basically all of the work they do either didn't matter or was ignored. The environment still gets fucked anyways.

She's a smart cookie and she has some good connections.

Bribes still happen. Think more befriending doctors than actual gifts. Have to keep it off the company credit card and out of the public eye just in case.

>implying ladyboys arent the hottest shit since underage prostitution and incest

Autism. Your post exists because of science. Die in a fire faggot.

Wtf that dog gets better looking pussy than me wtf, fuck you Sup Forums. Fuck me and fuck you.

Marine biologist here. Have a BS in Chemistry and MS in Biology. I go to the gulf stream to collect samples and analyze them for algae. Doesnt pay much but I get to scuba dive and spend time on boats. Also I live on th ebeach which is pretty cool. I could be making way more than I do but I love what I do and where I work. I literally make my work schedule and work load. Can take off anytime I want. I generally come in at 9:30 or 10 am, take an hour lunch break and leave around 4:30 pm. As long as my work is done my supervisors do not care when I am there. I can work from home if I choose to but I won't get much done. I have the freedom because I can analyze algae with an HPLC, something only a handful of people know how to do. Make yourself valuable in whatever degree you choose. Take the road less travelled because it is usually the most rewarding.

>smart
>connections
i definitely don't feel like either of those now, don't know if i ever will
but i'm happy for ur fiancee b

anyway here's the other thing i wanted to ask you bro
i made a thread on sci and someone was against getting a MS or PhD
i asked him why and he said this

MS = lots more money for little pay off
PhD = goodbye life for the next 5-6 years for a Mediocre job market

Also,
>Biology
>working

Pick one and only one friends

what the hell did he mean by this, other than the phd part, i understood that

op here
thoughts like that are why i stopped masturbating actually
u should try it

You type everything in lower case and write "you" as "u" whatever you wrote is instantly discarded to the trash.

moar of girl and dog

with the powers of biology we may one day be able to give you a dogs body

hows nofap going for you? Gained the ability to fly yet?

I do kegels and orgasm without jizzing. All the satisfaction with none of the exhaustion

what
are you why are u attacking me bro

I a microbiologist and I regret it. Science is dull. You think its going to be like a movie discovering new exciting shit but instead it's just the same reactions over and over and the most mundane and anti-climactic results.

Plus almost all the women in the science field are autistic or ugly. And science people in general are autistic.

If I could go back I would probably do mechanical engineering or electrical engineering. I spend all my free time working on cars and machines, building drones, computers etc.

Found moar of girl and doggo

wow those sound like wise words my guy
thanks

i'm not on nofap yet, i just drastically decreased the amount of fapping and what i fap to
but i'mma try to go nofap for a year starting within the coming weeks just to hopefully cleanse my mind from the atrocities that Sup Forums led me down fully

This is really cool. So, would you advise to get a more general degree (biology, chemistry, etc.) rather than pigeon-holing into something more specific, assuming you might want to try different fields?

On the positive side I've heard it affords the ability to still do interesting specific stuff like marine biology but with the ability to switch around, but on the negative I've heard people say you essentially won't get any options because a general degree is less valuable.

So my friend who does the cancer research can't find a new job because she has her MSc and PhD and ends up overqualified for a lot of jobs in pharma that she wants. She basically has to wait until someone gets fired/retires and hope they don't promote from within.

Getting a MSc or PhD is definitely a gamble. You either end up working at a job far below you or waiting years for a real job to open up. At least thats what I've been told from people I know.

Don't know
>biology
>working

Think he means you wont find a job? Any schmuck with a bio degree can work in a lab. It's mediocre pay, but lab jobs are plentiful.

No, not me. I would post an image.

>PhD = goodbye life for the next 5-6 years for a Mediocre job market

This can be very true. Unless you specialize in a cutting edge technology that industry wants you are going to be competing with a very flooded job market.

And getting your PhD is intense. I personally burned out after about 4 years and just transferred to the MS program, wrote a thesis about my half finished PhD research, and got the fuck out of there.

I now have a decent job at a small biotech company making about 50K a year plus benefits like dental, health, and life insurance and they match whatever money I put away into a retirement fund.

It's an international company and I've flown to Europe twice in the past year for consulting work. So that's pretty cool.

holy shit, i never knew there was more
any more more?

Studying bioengineering, looking to focus in genetics/bioinformatics/programming.

You really just need to find out what aspects of bio you enjoy.

dang dude, this is my biggest fear
dedicating my life to something then realizing i don't like what i'm doing
that's why i make threads like this on Sup Forums
what's the best way i can avoid this dude?
i supposed i should learn what the actual day to day work of any career i'm considering looks like, but what's the best way to do that?

this pls

The program I burned out from that I mentioned here
was bioengineering. Protein engineering specifically. It was a heavily bioinformatics and simulation related lab. I was trying to modify an enzyme to do a new function. The simulations said it would work, we got it to work on a similar enzyme but mine would have been far better if it would work. It never worked.

So many fucking all night sessions of transforming custom mutant DNA into bacteria that encodes my new protein design, grow bacteria, kill bacteria, purify protein of interest from dead bacteria, test, doesn't work, try next design.

It is fascinating talking to some of the smartest people in the world who can make computer programs that simulate physics itself at the molecular level. Matrix level shit that is way above my head. But it was not for me.

The reason I wish I did engineering is because I think that's what I like doing. So Just think about what you would like to do with your life I guess.

But it's hard to know what a job will really be like until you do it.

fuckk dude
i was looking favorably at that cancer research thing too
i don't understand this concept of overqualified
how can you be overqualified for a job?
why would they not take you?

fuckkk man so many gambles
i thought getting an education was supposed to be the safe route, in science no less
wat the hell is wrong with this world

what is being "burned out" like exactly?
and how would i avoid this
glad to hear you're doing well now

is there more?

It depends on what you want to do. I didn't choose marine bio as a degree because it wasn't offered at my school, Most marine bio majors become aquarium tour guides. To get into the real stuff you have to do research as an undergrad. I would say go with biology and do research in microbiology, ecology, genetics, etc with a professor that would be willing to accept you (which most will if you show a genuine interest in the field). They DO NOT care much about grades but mainly for the passion you may have for corresponding field which they LOVE doing. The thing about professors is they care about the research...almost an obsession. if you show a genuine interest most will be more than happy to help you in the corresponding field. I also went to a school near the coast where most of our bio professors dealt with aquatics. Play to the strengths of the school and professors. I'm where I am today because of connections I made in school and I appealed to professors that saw I had a genuine interest in science.

>what is being "burned out" like exactly?
Being in your mid/late 20's working 60 hours a week living on the equivalent of less than $10 an hour and not having your research work. So you are spending 60 hours a week basically spinning your wheels not getting any closer to the actual PhD.

Meanwhile all your friends who took other professions are succeeding in life, buying houses and cars, getting married. The only girlfriends I could keep while in grad school were other grad students because they were the only ones who could understand why I could only see them 1 night that week.

I enjoy nutrition a lot but that's the only aspect of bio i've really been exposed to
and even then i haven't really been exposed to the bio side, just the lifestyle side
what i really need to know i supposed is what the actual day to day work in the career will look like
how do you suppose is the best way to do that?

lol well i changed what i like doing from astronomy to programming to biology in the past 3 years
i might decide i don't give a shit about biology in another
thanks anyway dude

This video is cheesy as fuck but popular with biology grad students because it is spot on. This is what grad school is like if you want a PhD in biochemistry, molecular biology, genetics, microbiology etc..
youtube.com/watch?v=Fl4L4M8m4d0

it's pitiful to see the world only through the perspective others
and even worse to judge yourself negatively based on their values

>b-but I just don't want to be gay!
lol

>b-but I don't want to be a pedophile!
lol

>b-but prostitution is misogynistic!
lol

>b-but incest is wrong!
lol

SAUCE

She still loves that cancer research! But it doesn't provide benefits and she only makes 30k american. She also works for a program that encourages grade school kids to get into STEM and she occasionally teaches a semester at a university. So she makes her dough, but she could be making more with just 1 job.

If your education/experience is "above" the job level they assume you'll want to move on/up soon, so they don't bother. OR you don't bother taking an offer for a junior tech because you would rather do research since it pays roughly the same.

My fiancee got flat out refused for some gov't jobs because of her Msc. But gov't can be a different story.

NCBI lol glad im not navigating databases anymore.

thanks for the sage advice dude
duly noted

dude that sounds like a nightmare
fuck man, the world is a scary place
maybe i should just stay on Sup Forums

I appreciate the advice. I'm btw. I suppose the issue is that it's impossible to tell what really interests me without having long-term experience of the actual work. I'm in biology because biology as a whole interests me, theoretically, and there's no theoretical basis that would lead me to pick one area or another because the real working conditions vary so much. I can imagine based on things I've heard that marine biology would interest me just as much as environmental, just as much as botany, just as much as neuro, etc. but as an undergrad I've never had time to really find what specifically I can be more passionate about. I'm worried I'll go into environmental to find that the subject bores me to death, or that I'll go into neuro and find out the actual working environment is soul crushing. I mean, even based off of your experience, I don't know whether I'd enjoy working as an aquarium guide more than I would in legitimate marine research.

i'm morally ok with all of those things to various extents
but yeah basically life is just much easier if you're none of those things. i mean i try not to care about what other people think as much as the next guy. but it's some place a nigga needs to draw the line

This resonates with me. It took me 2 projects to complete my MS with my first one sucking so much ass...a member of my committee made my life hell. That project dissolved and I got picked up on my second which was way better. I had many many fellow grad students that could have made this video. Generally the micro stuff/genetics stuff is where things go wrong..and it's very hard to diagnose whats wrong with those. Environmental projects are easier because you deal with what the env gives you. There's not much room for eror because you can just blame it on the world we live in.

wow dude
so now you got underqualified, overqualified
what the hell man
life's a fuckin joke
can you help me with this question btw
>i suppose what i really need to know is what the actual day to day work in a career that I want to pursue will look like. how do you suppose is the best way to do that?

Day-to-day is too specific to field and position.
i.e. "nutrition" specialist can be anything from selling vitamins and protein shakes (sales),
working with individuals or corporations to work out a balanced diet (dietician),
or working with a big corporation like Taco Bell to create the next greasy sensation (food science),
or working in a university lab, writing papers, and probably teaching (academic/research)

Why is pyrocynical getting fucked be a dog?

op here
this is basically me except without any amount of schooling in biology
the fact that you are actually in school for biology and are having the same issue worries me
a lot

>.a member of my committee made my life hell
same here. Everybody passed me on my oral exams but one professor. They deliberated for far longer than it takes them to decide for normal exams but since he wouldn't pass me and it had to be a unanimous vote I didn't pass.

Because I didn't pass my PI asked me to find another lab, so I had to start a new project. Basically start over after 2 years of work on a project.

Ayy! So I have probably the best suggestion. Called a "work with".

Literally find a place where you might want to work. Email / call / find them on LinkedIn and ask if you can hang out with them at work for a couple of hours. Express interest.

Not only do you get to see what they do, BUT you also gain a new connection that could potentially help you get hired there in the future AND you also can use that on a resume / interview - if an interviewer asks why you want to work they you say you've done like 20 work withs in the industry (drop a few names too) and boom you're in.

Shows you care / are interested and you can network.

how does not being gay, pedophilic, whoremongering, or incestuous make life easier?

personally, it makes life a little easier. To me, people are very uninteresting, as the majority of them are basically children in mature, thirsty bodies.

So, if I'm bound to fuck a sex-crazed child: means, gender, relations and age are all meaningless.

As for the incest one, there are means to prevent birth... and even with a birth, there are ways to discard the child... or groom it.

what the hell
i'm never going to be able to pick a job
i might as well shoot a dartboard, i mean seems i can do all the research i want and still not know if i'll like my job so at least that way it'll save me time

Well while I was working on my BS in Chem, I realized I didn't like to be stuck in a lab all day although I liked what chem involves such as math and reactions etc. I realized I wanted to be outside and do science also so I went the environemental route. Not because I wanted to save the trees or whatever hippy shit comes with it but because I realized I'd go nuts being a labrat (although I admit I do alot in labs nowadays but the field days make up for it). I'm not the most environmentally sound person but I like the work becasue I'v walked through hacked my way through pine forests, camped on islands for days, collect water samples from the ocean and fished for trophy marlin and sailfish as a by-product of my job. That's why I endured a chemistry degree and the bullshit that is entailed with an MS. Find what works for you and don't deviate for shit.

this

simply applying some place online doesn't get you the job in my experience. I got turned down for an interview at a biotech company when I applied twice. They never even called me.

Then I finally got to talk to one of them through a connection I had from grad school. Just from talking to me they offered me the job. Now I'm one of their better employees. I talked to HR only a few weeks ago about how they never even gave me a call back the first two times I applied.

The secretary talked about how all jobs posted online get literally hundreds of applications. There are multiple job finding services that just spam applications to science jobs.

can't she just list herself as having a BSc?

Try to get on track for a nice government job. I wish I did because I'm not doing shit with my biology degree now. Should have gone straight chem, a bit harder but better jobs I imagine

dang bro
so many horror stories itt

>20 work withs
that sounds like a lot if the whole point is to find out what the work looks like across a few different paths
but maybe you're on to something
i guess i'm just a bit socially nervous
going to a place where i don't know anyone and just spending a day with them
brrr
i hope i'm capable of learning to do that type of thing
maybe if i get a job in retail where i'm forced to interact with people first
idk

Doggo

I wouldn't stress it. It's a fact of like you'll learn as you start to get closer to working that very very few people are 100% secure in what they want to do, and those few that do are almost always autistic. Most people aren't as conflicted as me though, and I doubt you will be too. My issue comes from being more interested in philosophy than anything else (but still enjoying and being good at bio), so I don't really fit into a niche like most bio majors.

>I realized I didn't like to be stuck in a lab all day
That's my dilemma. Neuro sounds great in terms of what's being studied, but I really don't know how well I would handle being stuck in a cold sterile lab all day.

How do you feel about being in environmental even though the subject matter isn't what interests you the most? Do you regret it, or would you say being able to be outside makes up for it? And most importantly, do you feel fulfilled with your work?

ayy lmao

why does the bottom guy only have one eye?