Man of Steel called bad on editing

>Man of Steel called bad on editing
>BvS called bad on editing
>Suicide Squad called bad on editing
Do they not have any competent editors at all?

The Bad editing is symptomatic. The scripts are badly written, the film ends up too long, they are forced to prune.

In one word, RUSHED

If DC took time from the first draft to get the scripts right, we'd see a better DCEU.

>Man of Steel called bad on editing
what the actual hell? that movie is the best edited out of the DCEU films so far

>The Bad editing is symptomatic
No, the editor's decision to cut out 80% of Jared's scenes was a fucking mistake.

WB is incompetent and the worst overall movie company, they are Sony tier because every bad decision goes through them first. You could do a hacked emails on them and you'd probably see that they secretly hate Snyder and were losing their shit over BvS (which THEY ordered cut to get higher BO), at least the 3 hour cut would have had a respectable 50-80% RT score.

Its well known that it was studio ordered that Suicide Squad get recut to be more like a Marvel movie.

Its like they are George Lucas... you can have all of the best imagination and great characters but bad decisions kill any movie.

You could've just said "I can't read visuals".

>that movie is the best edited out of the DCEU films so far
that doesn't mean it isn't bad on editing, just not as bad as the others.

Why doesn't anyone ever call out Nolan for editing? And directing. And acting. And fight sequences. And script.

Because nolan put up a good show

>Because nolan put up a good show
yeah right... his Dark Knight Rises was the worst acted

So it sounds like a lot of shit was cut from Suicide Squad. I wonder if WB is going to release an Ultimate Cut of it too. lol

Because a director isn't to blame for all those things in the way that the studio producing the movie is.

Sometimes its a good shitshowll

This whole movie was pure shit.

The director is in charge for directing his actors so yes if something doesn't go well it is mainly the director's fault for not saying "let's do another take, I want you to act in this way because your character has been through so and so and this reflects on your behavior because of this so and so backstory that you encountered" - that is what the director mainly does whilst behind him is the sound recordist, cameraman, lighting guy etc

They need to stop rushing shit out.
I really dislike all superhero movies for the most part (Deadpool was a nice change, pretty funny and I'm happy it was succesful) but if you rush your shit it will appeal to nobody, it will come out bad, no question about it.

They should look back at the last batman trilogy and take notes. They had a big name director who makes good shit for all of them, and he was allowed to make his own movies in the intermission.

They shouldn't get hasty after seeing Marvels success but obviously top heads want to see DC get the same attention and piggyback off it so it won't happen

>editing
>pacing
>fun

These are just buzzwords people with no degree in Film love to say to sound smart. It's only bad editing if you don't like the editing, it's only bad pacing when you don't like the pacing, it's only not fun when you don't like the comedy etc. There are barely any truly objective aspects to complain about when talking movies and these aren't some of them.

just all females in Batman are pure shit.
remove them and you have goat movies.

Man of Steel its boring (Director fail)
BvS Script and director fail

I'm quite sure that superman is not a character for movies... DC tried to make him so powerful than every fight that he has becoming very boring. 30 minutes of punch fights with character flying for every hit its no cool to see

Not rushing and actually making a movie 100% polished will push DC films back by 2 years every movie to properly go over the script, properly do CGI, properly direct the actors. They cannot afford that when they have all these solo movies needing to come out by 2020

>Batman solo film
>Possible Man of Steel 2
>Aquaman
>Possible Cyborg (this is about to be canned as he will just appear as a cameo in Aquaman or another movie)
>A possible Harley Quinn movie
>Suicide Squad 2
>The Flash
>Justice League
>Justice League 2

There is no time to not rush unfortunately. Every year we are expecting 2 DC films to be released.

>80%

Three scenes were cut, bro.

>They shouldn't get hasty after seeing Marvels success but obviously top heads want to see DC get the same attention and piggyback off it so it won't happen

And see, I don't get this thought process. Worry about a sequel to Man of Steel. Focus on rebooting the Batman universe. Introduce solo movies for other characters. What is the fucking rush? So what Marvel already has The Avengers. DC can still compete with just Superman and Batman alone.

ITT: People that know shit about filmmaking.

source?

Man of Steel is great pleb.

>choppy flashback sequence
>best edited

>choppy flashback sequence
>choppy
you may need to check your dvdrip you downloaded

It is known. They cut a lenghty Joker/Harley scene, a lenghty Joker VS. Squad scene and a minor scene in a factory. Also they trimmed the Arkham riot.

They cut the whole scene leading up to Harley catching joker on her motorcycle and confronting him, he messing with her and then slapping her out, they cut joker in Arkham wiggling his finger and more, they cut joker hitting his head on the car window in frustration, they cut joker helicopter crashing and meeting with the squad in midway train station to get Harley back, she refuses and he hits her throws flash says buy buy runs off. Anything that had abuse towards harley was cut out. So at least 45-55% of his scenes were cut aka around 10 minutes

This. And the fact that Nolan is terrible directing fight scenes. The Batman v Bane fight in the third act is cringe worthy.

yeah exactly.. all trimming and cutting out important scenes he was in. That Joker/Harley scene was very important and should not have been cut!

And he actually fought the squad? well fuck why cut that out??

They better release an extended cut if they care about the fans

>Anything that had abuse towards harley was cut out
Fuck man, that's just irritating. The entire point of the Joker/Harley relationship is that it's abusive. As a DC fan I get more and more disappointed with each of their movies and decisions.

>Its well known that it was studio ordered that Suicide Squad get recut to be more like a Marvel movie.
Well known to whom?

>all females in Batman are pure shit
More like "females in all Nolan movies are pure shit" , he can't write women to save his life, they're just generic wives/love interests in his filmA. I think it's because women are emotional, which is something emotionless autist like Nolan can't comprehend.

And when he tries to write a strong female characters we end up with MURPH and LOVE CONQUERS TIME