Who was in the right?

Who was in the right?

The whole story if I remember correctly was that they have a rule or code to back off when there is a huge scoring differential. So he broke the code.

the girl from the other team that scored

That's just rediculous
If your team has enough skill to royally fuck the enemy team then they should be allowed to

Those girls learned a good lesson about losing

The coach. Play your best and don't let bullshit rules stop you. If the other team didn't want to be beat this soundly, maybe they should fucking practice more.

So is your team suppose to go full retard and start running into walls at halftime or something? wtf

Why wasn't there some...sort of mercy call? I don't sports

how is it the coach's fault?
what's he supposed to say
okay guys if you get the ball just drop it on the ground or miss on purpose
isnt that called throwing a game and isnt that highly illegal because of sports betting?

you call the game m8.

my basketball team would win by like 120-40 regularly
the other parents got so pissed

>girls
>sports

for some reason we had some monstrous kids at my school
our rugby team was undefeated too

there are really no rights and wrongs in this. Both parties are at fault.

1. the winning team should have subbed new players, preferably back up.

2. There should be a mercy rule in effect(refs teams can call games and or discuss with the losing teams coach to call game)

3. Losing teams coach should have called the game.

in sports there are unspoken rules of respect of and an overall integrity to the game. Some coaches and teams either abide by these rules to a certain extent or they have another attitude towards the game.

generally one does not run up the score up like this, but there are some teams that do not care about it. But teams that do tend to either be higher up in skill level (college and NFL).

this just looks like a dick move and a lack of respect for ones team and the game. everyone is pretty wrong in this. IDK girl basketball sucks big penis anyway.

What is out of the norm here? (Besides that random Suv parked in the building) Did they score on their own net or something?

>Who was in the right?
This was in california so right doesnt matter. It only matters that the other team was shown how unprepared for a real challenge they were and they felt sad because of it. So the winners had to be punished for thier excellence.

fucking lol

no the match is supposed to end.
all he did was act like a dick and rub in the fact that the other team was utter shit, even if they already knew that

everyone on the other team probably quit playing basketball

fags running the school.. they'd rather both teams to draw so no ones feelings get hurt

Blue confused, tossed into their own basket. And instead of being stopped there, white followed lead, took possession, and scored in their own basket.

Women don't rules.

yeah I was second string on my basketball team
I'm a major beta idk how I even made the team
my job was to go in and do fucking whatever once our team was like 100 points ahead
it was pretty retarded lol

my highschool football league had a rule that once a team got up by 21 points, they had to put in the backups. we would beat everyone by 40 so my coach just started the backups and then put in the starters once we got up by 21. it was a great year.

>California
>Winners being faulted for winning too hard

Sounds about right. Libs hate competition. They really should have went full-California and declared the team that scored 2pts the winner.

This is actually WEBB University in NY

Hang on, whats the coach meant to do?

"Sorry girls, this other team are absolute shite so you have to dial it back so you dont hurt their feelings"

Fuck that, the other team clearly shouldnt be playing in the same competition and the winning team shouldnt have to dial it back to make the other snowflakes feel better

>Stop, stop, hes already dead

I was a little league travel coach. ..mercy rule after 4 innings. We scored 18 runs in the first, they scored 0. I sat our best players down and emptied the bench.

The next inning we scored 12. The other team's coach came over to me and told me to take it easy.

I told him I already emptied the bench and we weren't stealing bases or stretching singles into doubles, so I asked him what he expected me to do...tell the kids that don't play much not to swing the bat?

So the third inning I told every kid to bunt. And we scored another 3 runs before the other coach came over to me and told me to stop bunting. I told the kids to swing away. 10 runs later we were out of the inning. I pulled our pitcher and put in a kid that seldom pitched. Told him only fastballs and change-ups, and they still didn't score.

Not much I could do...I can't tell kids not to play.

By the top of the fourth inning, the other parents were loudly bitching at me. I went to the ump and asked for options. He said I had 3. Play another inning, pull my kids off the field and forfeit, or the other coach could pull his kids off the field and forfeit.

I went to the other coach and told him we could play this out or he could forfeit...because I wasn't going to tell my kids not to play...especially since 6 of my best players were already on the bench. They ended up forfeiting.

I got called by the league director the next day...told him what happened and he apologized to me because he spoke to the other coach and got their story.

Turns out it really wasn't a travel team...just a group of kids that played regular 14U and wanted to stick together and play travel ball. They were kicked out of the league, refunded their money, and all the remaining games were rescheduled.

good story

And how exactly would calling the game have been the winners job?
What is more arrogant: Destroying the other team, or quitting out of boredom?

this

But then next year the enemy won't come back and you have noone to play with.

If you had any brain matter you would note that white was shooting in that basket in the first place, so why would blue suddenly score in the same basket

Full California would be docking points for teams with too many white players on it then awarding the championship to the transgender team regardless of standings

>Americucks where every one is a winner and gets a trophy at the end of the game

The epilogue to that story is we struggled hitting the next game against good pitching. We only ended up winning because our best pitchers didn't pitch in the previous game...pitcher's duel. 2-1. That's the downside to playing crappy competition.

There's a huge range of skill levels for kids, and it really sucks when people can't participate because someone or an entire team is absolutely dominating.

While everyone in this thread is saying "people should be allowed to win as hard as they can", it's hardly fair when someone gets put up against someone far more experienced and that person who is far more experienced tries their best. There's absolutely nothing the less experienced player can do to make it an even match, but going easy to give the illusion of an even match while still inevitably winning is something the more experienced player can do.

I play weaker against others when I'm far better than them, and others play weaker when they're far better than me; it's common decency, even in the cesspool that is online gaming you still see this behaviour all the time.

Playing as hard as you can against someone far less skilled is comparable to swearing in public.

this shit only happens in girls sports
the talent pool is so pathetic that one decent team steamrolls everyone

I've coached youth athletics since I was fifteen. At some point you have to change from teaching 'sports are about teamwork and building character' to 'life isn't fair and knowing how to deal with that will serve you well later in life'.
I wouldn't run up a game in highschool but fuck me that coach should be applauded for the sheer audacity.
And then have his shit pushed in in the parking lot, not officially censured.

Judging by the score, nobody on the other team ever really started playing basketball

What the hell happened to the mercy rule? And why didn't the other coach do anything?

Spot on. My same 14U team got steam-rolled in a tournament in Lexington by a team from Chicago. I found out why.

That team pulled all the best kids from Chicago to form a superstar team. Every kid on the team could pitch...and they only pitched one inning each. We got mercied 20-2.

I told the kids we did well to score 2 runs....since they had shut out 4 other teams. Kept their spirits up and won the next game. But lost the next game after that but won their last game (close games). Came in 3rd.

Sometimes the fact of the matter is that you get beat by a better and more talented team.

Personally I think there should be a mercy rule like if your down 100 points maybe just pack it in

IIRC he was trying to make a point that the other team shouldn't be in the same district because they were a smaller school and really didn't stand a chance in the district they were placed in by UIL.
So he was actually trying to help the smaller school get reassigned to a district with schools their own size.

game is practice for war.

The losing team should take this as a lesson, they won't magically get skills just because they want to, if they don't practice and apply effort into getting better at what they do, they will fail; That is not a thing you can just move on and get into something else. If you don't do this, no matter where, you will either fail or be mediocre until the end.

Oh wow. That's fucking great. I would have been laughing my ass off so hard.

>wah women athletes deserve the same money as men.

>But then next year the enemy won't come back
Oh yeah, that sounds like a great school.

"Well, that team beat us by a shit ton so let's just not play them."

That whole school would be a fucking laughing stock.

Fucking loosers lol how tf do you suck that hard

It's goddamn high school sports, the point is to be fair. And it's a code so pissy moms don't start shit with the school board, he actively broke the rules so the over competitive coach gets suspended.

The ref. He should have known the rules and called the game at the half.

that shit is 2 years old. the losing coach should have called it in after noticing how badly his shitty team was losing. if he was coaching his team to fucking pubstomp the shit out of the other team, then he's doing something right. as in, if he was consistently winning by large margins.

the more likely scenario is the losing team had something severely wrong with them, and it was that coach's fault for not figuring that out.