Tell me reasons why this isn't greatest album of all time

Maybe because it isn't even the greatest album of the year it came out you fucker

Because I do not rate The Doors.

Just put it on. Track #1 is meme now, but still good.

Well, show me the way
To the next little girl
Oh, don't ask why
Oh, don't ask why

What did xir mean by this?

that he's a paedo

>"Mother, I want to fuck you" "Fuck fuck fuck fuck me baby fuck fuck fuck fuuck fuuck fuck fuck yeah fuck fuck ooooh fuck fuch me baby yeaaah fuck fuck"
What did he mean by this?

Dated production and bad use of the at the time new stereo technology.

Vote Nixon, square!

sorry kid

Fuck off, Britfag. You missed the party.

>burgers and bongs are the only people on Sup Forums

zzz

Because there are better albums.

Was trying to start a Doors v Bowie thing like the Lou Reed one a few weeks back. Didn't mean you, user.

All of time hasn't run out yet

It is a perfect intro, I don't think I've heard the album all the way through.

>The blue bus
>Is callin' us ...

It has Light My Fire on it

Now he wants to feel his mom.

That was good 7.5/10.
Now I know for sure who Bono wishes he was, but hasn't got the balls.

Also The End, which, let's face it, is really shit. People only think it's cool because it was in Apocalypse Now.

It's not the side effects of the cocaine
I'm thinking that it must be love

Classic lines. Anyway, sorry, but Low is a better album.

I think they are both as good

>tfw you will never create an album as good as Station to Station
>tfw you will never create an album as good as Low and release a year later.

Bowie was too good for this world, thank god he didn't OD and die in the 70s.

Get a load of this guy

You know it's true. The End is pretentious bullshit.

The End is way too long and it becomes a psychedelic mess around halfway through until the end

>psychedelic is bad

it is 9/10. pretty much the same level as vu&nico, the best album from '67.

because this exists

It's rare that an album truly sounds like night time music - the Doors are super comfy in this regard. There's a lot better straight rock albums out there, but this one is among the best for walking around at night, for bar nights and for fooling around with girls.

WHEN THE MUSIC'S OVER TURN OUT THE LIGHTS TURN OUT THE LIGHTS TURN OUT THE LIGHTS

For starters, because Jim Morrissons persona is overall kind of embarrassing?

I never said that. I love psychedelic I was just saying that the song becomes a mess after the 4 minute mark

Give an example of a stage persona that isn't

Sorry, but as I pointed out yesterday w/r/t Pet Sounds, the instrumentals takes them down to mortal level. Thats why Station to Station and Scary Monsters are the best Bowies.

because this exists
the doors is still in the top 10 rock albums ever

How is he embarrassing?

He was an attractive, initially shy stage performer turned charismatic sex idol with a strong husky voice.

Is it because he's from a different era than you? Because that's retarded

Oooh got me there user. Nevertheless, Jimmie is worst than most.

Because pretentious over-sexed california dude. Did he ever do something that even hinted at poking fun at himself? Not even getting started on that whole Charlie Manson schtick.

So you dont like any bands with an attractive alpha-esk lead singer?

That seriously limits your listening for such a stupid reason. His persona has so little to do with his music it's not funny. In fact it was quite the opposite, he got quiet frustrated with the fact that he was favoured for his looks, not his lyrisicm. It's why he grew a beard and gained weight.

This album is so overrated. It's decent music, don't get me wrong. Maybe somebody can help me understand what kind of boundaries it broke...

>alpha-esk

As someone pointed out, he was the shy beta type. David Lee Roth, theres an alpha in music.

The "psychedelic mess" is the entire point of psychedelic music
[spoiler]It is way too long though[/spoiler]

PEOPLE ARE STRANGE
WHEN YOUR A STRANGER
FACES LOOK UGLY
WHEN YOUR ALONE
WOMEN SEEM WICKED
WHEN YOUR UNWANTED
STREETS ARE UNEVEN something something something.....

Your joking right user

no
no

It was still me who pointed out he was shy. He got over that quiet quickly. Once he gained his confidence on stage he became the man he went on to be known as.

He was self conscious about his ability and looks, but once on stage he was a menace.

Besides, I said alpha-esk. His voice and lyrics more made that up than his presence on stage

Most betas stay beta on the inside forever. I know that's the kind of thing thats a bit hard to accept because why even put in the effort, right? But look how he went and died like a bitch. He earned all that money pussy and fame and still allowed himself to be dominated.

But Warzawa and New Career in a New Town are the best tracks off Low.

>Scary Monsters
Not even in the top 3.

on the fifth place, to be exact :^)

it goes TVU&N, then The Doors, then like 80 tied for third

because dark side of the moon exists

k then

das rite nigga
just walk away

the dark side of psychedelia in a political context was not expected considering they broke #1 on the charts in the Summer of Love. They were the band that was rooted in reality. They didn't preach hippie shit. Jim did all the drugs and was around all the counterculture, but chose to have the band's message rooted in a type of consciousness-expanding reality.

They were the LA equivalent of TVU, because the dirtiness and misanthropy and perversion of NYC just couldn't be expressed the same way as a band from LA could. Jim was more interested in the consciousness of our desires within the context of our societal failures, and that included the flower power shit he hated

Blah blah blah. He was a pretentious douchebag wannabe. The Lizard King? Seriously? Dying young was his best possible career move. Doors albums were getting weaker and weaker; imagine how much supersucky shit he would have released had he lived into his 50's or 60's.

This just shows a lack of understanding of the culture at the time. Morrison is practically the creator of the "leather pants wearing, drug-doing, alcoholic, mysterious "poet" frontman" in rock. It's easy to call it "embarrassing" 50 years after the fact, but that shit was crazy when they first came out.

Never knew Jim Morrison hated the flower power thing

maybe by definition he was pretentious, but he definitely wasn't a wannabe. he was the prototypical alcoholic rock god, in fact he was the archetype in a lot of ways.

there are like 5 rock albums in existence that have had actually important lyrics. so what if he had an affinity for william blake. he wasn't ever pretending to be bob dylan.

>women should stay out of art

what did old jimbo mean by this?

I'm pretty sure Bob Dylan predates fucking Jim Morrisson as a poet in rock. You might be right about the leather pants.

>he definitely wasn't a wannabe
Sure he was -- a wannabe poet. The Doors have a number of good songs -- I'm not disputing that -- but really dying young is what made his career. At 27 he was already a caricature of himself and things would only had gotten worse/more ridiculous had he lived longer.

Yeah Jim Morrison invented that whole rock star persona whose influence even reached as far as Kurt Cobain

>Takes one point out of the trope
>Hurr durr Bob Dylan did it first

I didn't only say "Poet", and notice I put poet in quotation marks. Jim's poetic ability is debatable, whereas someone like Dylan is praised by even authors for his poetic ability.

he made some decent poetry actually, you just won't find it in most of the doors' lyrics. but there are snippets in there. Crystal Ship has fantastic lyrics, The WASP has fantastic lyrics, The End was kind of the Dionysian crux of the band's message and image whether or not you find it poetic. When The Music's Over...elements of Peace Frog.

If you ask me the best thing he did lyrically was The Celebration of the Lizard, which was supposed to be half of the album Waiting for the Sun, but the label wouldn't let him.

lyrics aside though, Jim was more interested in theatre and tribal shamanism and blues than he was in classical poetry. he was just an artist that was pulling from all these disparate weird sources. maybe not a visionary artist, but a rock frontman. if you ask me he made them work pretty well

Alcoholic drug addict well how about Hank Williams? Leather pants huh. This is pretty stupid.

You're taking it wayyy too literally dude

He was the archetype like said

This

everything between Light My Fire and The End basically

Because this exists

it really might be

Because it isn't even the best Doors album