Post your vinyl collections

Pic related is mine. Not pictured are a bunch of old first press albums that I don't really like all that much. All of the beat up ones are first presses.

Other urls found in this thread:

discogs.com/user/Herbieguy/collection
discogs.com/user/maxkat17/collection
discogs.com/user/darumswizel/collection
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

For some reason the image turned out sideways

>all that shit you more than likely bought at urban outfitters
wew better get digging

Can I just post my discogs? My discogs has my record collection and I'm not home to take a pic right now. It has pretty much all my records documented.

discogs.com/user/Herbieguy/collection

Didn't buy a single one at urban outfitters but ok nice projection

lets see yours

bump

I've got a couple of vinyls under my bed, I don't even have a player and I've got no idea how to actually store them, I think the bottom of my bed has slammed into them once or twice when I've crashed onto my bed especially hard.

i only have a small collection right now i just started this year
sorry for shit pic quality my camera glass spontaneously combusted a couple weeks ago

homeshake record is the clear vinyl and mac is yellow

Shit dude don't leave them flat on the ground for long, they'll get warped. You should pull them out and see what condition they're in. If you aren't actually interested in them at all, give them to a thrift shop. Make sure they are playable, some music stores let you try them out, or if you have a friend with a turntable.

Everyone's gotta start somewhere, plus it's fun seeing collections grow.. I've been meaning to get a copy of Q/A.

my newest record as of last night

>Daniel Johnston on vinyl

Mostly the novelty lol, sounds the same as on any other format. It's got a gate fold with some really cool artwork. Plus it only cost like 8 bucks so why not

discogs.com/user/maxkat17/collection

isn't that record shit on vinyl tho?

Well dang, can I leave them laying flat on a table?
I don't have any shelves with room for them to be standing up.
what a bother.

I don't think they are worth anything, they are mostly ex-library stuff that my mother grabbed for me before they were binned, with markings and the covers are fully coated with clear plastic.

Hope this offends.

give me 1 (one) objective reason why a person in the distant future of 2017 would waste autismbux on records, when youtube and what.cd is a thing

hard mode : no "it sounds warmer" or "collecting is fun"

>what.cd
>a thing
user....

My set up is so sketchy but sounds great. Posting my small collection in my next post

It's for collectors, that's about it.

Sometimes you could theoretically bump into old and obscure stuff that isn't uploaded online yet.

i almost forgot :(
also sorry if i came off as a dick but i'm genuinely interested in why people still listen to records, i've got a modest collection and although it's probably just placebo high end sounds much stronger on a record than on an mp3, i guess it's also kind of cool that records are practically immortal if you take care of them

Well for me it's the process, Like browsing record shops, and placing the album on the turntable and sitting back and listening, I find it more enjoyable than clicking a button on the computer though not as convenient.

Also nice big artwork to look at, and stuff to read.

i suppose it does make the act of listening have more value, ironically most of the obscurer releases i have only exist as awful low bitrate rips online, so it's also a practical thing in my case, too
btw, any second hand direct drive record player reccs? i just need a sturdy shitbox for DJ work, doesn't need to be a sl1200 or anything

I can't answer that I'm afraid I use 80's jap home turntables, so no idea about dj stuff.

I was going to start a vinyl collection, but fuck it I thought I'd cut out the middle man and just do this instead

Dubs of utter truth.

Go to a swap meet or a second-hand record store, not naff hot topic re-release "special edition" crap

How is that still not pissing money away?

a few are good its just a reddit collection with some shit sprinkled in.
people think they are bad just because they are entry level but they need to lighten up.

77 twice in a row confirms

>All vinyl is cheap as chips except hot topic purchases

Fuck off you spacker.

records are like 1 dollar each if you know where to look.

Vinyl BTFO by numerical oujia

Where i am they are only that cheap in the charity shop and that is only if you want nothing but poor condition traditional Scottish music.

Then you have wasted 1 dollar. And when you have 100 you will have wasted 100 dollars. Do vinyl records play themselves? No. You need to buy a turntable too, and a good enough setup that it sounds better than a HD youtube video. Unless you have a fuck-load of expendable income you're wasting money anyway you approach it. But hey, you have that dank big artwork on your wall to attrack indie QTs, right?

Never understood the record on the wall thing, play it or don't bother.

vinyl is ok don't be gay

sorry to hear that. Independent shops around here price fairly.

Everyone needs a hobby

i should reorganize

Forgot to photograph my most important record, always ready for a party.

>Everyone needs a hobby
Hey it's not my money, I don't care. If I'm spending money it's on something I can't get for free. I can download a FLAC for free and it will sound better than vinyl, it will 10 times more convenient than vinyl, and it will occupy 0 physical space.

Haul today. Got some motha fuckin Wesley Willis

This is only half.

Mirin'. Looks like you got an overall cool set up.

that looks like a great place to take drugs with friends

Nice setup, tiny le weed collection. It'll be better in a few months

>I will never have my own copy of Long Season

I mostly take drugs with my gf here.

What are you trying to prove?

damn i'm jealous, taking drugs with my ex was hella fun

What are you trying to prove?

Now what are you trying to prove?

UR MUMS.

What are you trying to prove by asking me what I'm trying to prove?

is that an sl-1900?
This is an old pic, too lazy to go downstairs now to take a new one. I have six slots filled now.

Not pictured. a bunch of the other records I have bought in the last 20 or so months.

It is a Pioneer PL-518.

That you are trying to prove something.

But I am not. So you're questions are pointless.

Good day to you.

Prove it.

only this

how about a bump?

12"s 1/7

12"s 2/7

12"s 3/7

love the LUM and what's the AnCo release?

12"s 4/7

12"s 5/7

Kinda pissed I didn't pull the trigger on that Hell box when I had the chance. Didn't want pic discs though.

Still trying to get the originals.

12"s 6/7

it's probably the least autistic music-related thing i can collect

12"s 7/7

I was a bit hesitant because of the pic discs but they sound surprisingly good and look amazing

really love your records mane

+ a few 10" and 7" not pictured here

Kek, it turned sideways as well

7"s 1/5

>pom pom in vinyl

This album sounds muffed as hell already

>

7"s 2/5

Can't wait to get back home and listen to my new records

some choice shit

discogs.com/user/darumswizel/collection
Yo

7"s 3/5

7"s 4/5

ive thought the record was skipping a couple times when its just how the album sounds lol

7"s 5/5

Bottom shelf of bookshelf in background too

I have no idea why it's upside down but whatever