Why does DC love to ruin their movies in the editing room?

Why does DC love to ruin their movies in the editing room?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PLLQK9la6Go
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

top kek

I have to agree, even tho I like DC movies.
Their editing team is fucking terrible, they hurt every movie so far.

It's probably more of WB's fault, but still they need to fire people.

this is all just a scheme to boost home media sales by releasing an "ultimate edition" of every one of their DC movies from now on

At least they released the BvS Ultimate Cut, as Snyder's own company produces his film, that definitely helps

I doubt that Ayer will have the pull to release a Director's Cut, so we'll probably never see his version of the movie.

this trailer makes suicide squad look like a completely different movie

youtube.com/watch?v=PLLQK9la6Go

BUT TEST AUDIENCES!!
The trailers were so good so we let them edit the movie!!

That is probably closer to what Ayer intended I would imagine.

yeah

Probably because they are too tryhard.
They try to perfect it from every angle, try to make it the perfect marketable "classic". Smooth out the edges, erase anything from the movie that could rub people the wrong way.
So they lose themselves in the details and fail to see the movie for what it is. I like how this shows that a computer could never in a 1000 years make a good movie. You need a group of talented people working to make the movie THEY think would be good.
Not the movie Sony wants. Best example of that is Guardians. Don't get me wrong it's not a perfect movie, but just letting James Gunn and his team fuck around for a couple of months made a pretty neat capeshit

damn, haven't seen this since it was released. Can we have this movie back?

Like wtf happened? MAMA MIA MAMA MIA

to sell tix for the ultimate cut, obviously. it's fucking dirty man

Please stop posting about this movie until we hear Mike and Jay's review.
Thanks.

"So Jay, what did you think?"
"I hated it!"
"I kinda liked it."
"Well..."

>"Well... it wasn't THAT bad....... i liked some parts of it!"

This looks better than that PURPLE LAMBORGHINI WUB WUB XD shit

>"still liked it tho"
THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS

From the trailer this looks more like a seven ot girl with the dragon tattoo kinda film.
The new trailer looks more like a deadpool or like harley movie.

this is embarrasing

This whole thing is to get people to buy the movie and then buy the ULTIMATE TOTALLY THE REAL VERSION OF THE MOVIE THAT'S GOOD EDITION afterwards like they did with BvS

>I still liked it tho

What a fucking cuck

yeah and it would probably have sucked.
what it needed was to be a full-on goofy comedy

if WB and DC don't announce some people being let go over these 2 fiascos of movies they deserve all the shit in the future they probably have coming.

It's fucking hilarious to me that they think reshoots will "fix" a movie instead of ruining it.

I don't know. It's another of life's great mysteries, like how anyone could look at Sup Forums's catalogue just prior to the release of a DC film and still think Disney doesn't shill the everloving fuck out of this board.

They really need one guy in charge of the DC stuff instead of a bunch of WB execs that hate every comic book character not named Batman.

How was Deadshot in this movie? Was it just Will Smith playing Will Smith?

Who was the final antagonist?

>Who was the final antagonist?
WB and Snyder

the DC logo

To date this is the only Suicide Squad trailer I've seen, over a year ago. It sold me on the movie. It's going to suck balls isn't it?

Theatrical of BvS was good but flawed. Ultimate cut was great. WB is losing their minds and looks like they ruined suicide squad wit their reshoots and editing. Don't know if the director's cut will fix anything for it but DCEU should stick with going with an "autuer" approach for their films instead of Marvels "studio" approach.

>BvS gets panned for being too grimdark
>WB backpedals hard on SS to change the tone
>all the changes still fuck it over

How hard is WB panicking right now?

because all movies are really made in the editing room.

with the same raw footage you can deliver either the worst hollywood popcorn, or a real masterpiece.

Because WB executives are clueless idiots who don't knoq kino when they see it

This is what happens when you pander to the Marvel Redditor audience.

Like Sony i guess
>5 years from now
>Sony bought by Netflix
>WB bought by Disney