What are some good "people trapped in a room/wherever" movies? Similar to the original Saw, Cube...

What are some good "people trapped in a room/wherever" movies? Similar to the original Saw, Cube, that one movie with MJH where they all have to decide who dies and who doesn't, etc.

You know the genre, where they have to find out who put them there and why and explore a rather limited space filled with clues and shit.

Fermat's Room, spanish one about a bunch of mathematicians trapped in a room with contracting walls

I love these types of movies. Unfortunately I can't think of any aside from the ones already mentioned.

That sounds interesting

Why were Cube 2 and 3 so absolutely horrible?

The first one wasn't anything special but still decent, but the other two (especially the second) were just awful.

There's that rather stupid one with a white dude and black chick and it turns out it was aliens all along and they put them into a paradise planet to miscegenate but I forgot the name. Also pic related where they all stand in a circle and they must choose who dies that's also ALIENS.

Also fuck the ALIENS ending and the "lol he just goes out and nothing is explained TROLOLO" ending.

Panic Room, Buried, Exam. All we're pretty entertaining

Haze
Buried
Devil
Unknown
Symbol
The Killing Room
Hunger

Exam is the only one that barely fits the OP.

Fuck me, seen them all except Unknown and Symbol.

How does Buried not fit?

Cube
Hypercube
Cube Zero (all worth a watch imo)
All the Saws as a last resort
Exam
9 Dead (like saw with less torture, good mystery)
Devil (bad but worth a watch)
Elevator (the bomb one not the factory one)
Vile (knockoff of saw, really gruesome torture, but decent story and one of the most satisfying endings in kino)
Circle (pretty shit)
The Nines (different kind of trapped, guy is stuck inside his head living the life of multiple individuals)
ATM (pretty entertaining albeit farfetched)
Frozen (not the disney one)
You're Next
Shutter Island
Phone Booth
The Raid 2
Breathing Room (pretty bad imo)'

If you want me to clarify on any (you) me

Only 1 guy trapped, no real options, no real mystery.

>9 Dead
That's the one with MJH.

I haven't seen:

Vile

Not sure about Frozen, if it's the one on the ski lift, seen that too. Jesus Christ I watch too many shit movies.

Yeah Frozen is the ski lift one.

Vile is same premise as Saw, 9 people get abducted and locked in a house, all have devices on their neck and they have to torture themselves or one another to collect adrenaline, once they get enough they all get to go

The cast is pretty dynamic and the acting is convincing which makes it hard to watch when they are getting tortured, but I just love how well the beginning ties into the outro

Anybody know the one where the guy is getting tortured by people once a week, on a live internet feed, and at the very end he gets to go? They tried to take each one of his senses away. Just remember the iron on the tongue scene.

Also, that one where one person dies every time the light goes out?

Anyone recommending Circle and Exam are utter shit.

See:
Coherence (should be at the top of everyones list)
and maybe Triangle (not Circle, kek)

>not thinking exam was a fun watch

Alright Ruseman, Ill watch Coherence right now. What am I in for?

euphoria

vn

>Also, that one where one person dies every time the light goes out?
The M Night written movie, Devil is like that. People trapped in elevator, every time the lights go out someone dies. Although there's another movie where a bunch of people are trapped in an elevator and every time the lights go out someone dies. Called Blackout and it has a nice Sup Forums meme value because Aiden Gillian is the killer.

Senseless? Was he kidnapped by terrorists? What the fuck was that about?

>The scene where he peals the giant burnt scab from his tongue.

Shivers. And, the ending was fucking weird, like he just walks out and rises up.

i had completly forgotten about exam
if i hadnt seen this thread i wouldnt have thought of that movie for the rest of my life

Untraceable?

Pontypool

>needing an explanation for these types of movies
You missed the point

, no but that sounds interesting

other user had it, it was sensless
Turns out it was Breathing Room. Dont remember much about it but I enjoyed it

Alien has several similarities with Cube, and fits the OP's prompt. And in Alien, recall, the portion of the craft which is inhabited is quite small, and the cast (of Alien) are therefore trapped in a room/whereever, except when the decision is finally made to flee in a lifeboat, and only as a matter of absolute last resort. Similarly, Cube holds out the possibility of an escape (and one team member does manage to get out, technically), but in both cases the group have to work for it, rather hard.

Alien was released in 1979. Cube was released in 1997. Fun fact: /both 1979 and 1997 are prime numbers./ Prime numbers play an important role in Cube.

In both films, the characters are really set upon by the evil, opaque machinations of some faceless Company, out there, somewhere. The Company is the real antagonist.

In both films, a principal cast of seven are trapped in a large machine-structure, and killed off one-by-one by the titular manifestation of the above real threat of the Company: a space alien, and the booby traps in certain cubic rooms.

In both films...

The principal cast of both films: four white guys, a black guy, and two white women.

The first white guy to be killed is a famous "money-shot" of the film.

The second guy (the white guy) to be killed is the oldest of the group, screaming, shrieking.

Eventually, it is revealed that one of the stiff, unlikeable white guys is in fact a Company plant of sorts, who has certain information about the threat - although he himself is not terribly helpful.

One of the women is emotional, and fairly useless. The other is fairly competent, and is effectively the lead in the film.

The black guy is played as dumb muscle, makes sexual/power innuendo toward the women, and meets a particularly violent death toward the end.

fucking haaaaated this shite

It had some good points. Its refreshing when the "good guy" gets it and gets no redemption or happy ending. The people that volunteered get blasted right away, and thats it.

And when that one guy fucking plays the kid and the mother, wew lad

Ending was shit though