So who made the better album?

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/12960224
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

me
/thread

The Beach Boys

The Beatles

pet sounds: 1966. sgt pepper: 1967. different year, different musical context, different genres. switch sgt pepper with revolver and still the beatles made a better album

OG smile is better then both

pet sounds is better than any other record beatles have ever released period
t. beatles fan

But why? You can't say something like that without having a reason.

OG Smile is great. I understand that Brian wanted to finish it, but his version isn't as good as the original.

SO HOIST UP THE JOHN B SAIL

both masterpieces but pet sounds takes the edge for me personally, but it's all opinion.

Off yourself, the planet doesn't need people with that shitty of an opinion around

pet sounds is definitely better

pet sounds > sgt. pepper, and it's not even really close

revolver > pet sounds, though

>I like Sgt Pepper much better, but I wouldn't argue with someone who believes Pet Sounds is better. Like someone else said, both genuine masterpieces.

no

Sgt Pepper in Mono beats Pet Sounds in either Mono or Stereo any day of the week.

One directly inspired the other, and Paul apparently can't even listen to God Only Knows without breaking into tears (actual true story)

Jesus it breaks my heart that Brian might have lost so much of his gift to years of mental illness and psychological manipulation by his fuckstick sociopath therapist

His therapist is the reason he lost his mind? I thought drugs and the idea that he can never be as good as the Beatles made him lose his shit

who are you quoting?

Drugs definitely made him lose his shit, don't know whether Beatles jealousy played a role, but it seems unlikely since they were influencing and complementing one another well

Landy (his therapist) did practically nothing to aid in Brian's mental health though

Somehow Brian had such autistic attention to detail that he overcame McCartney, Emerick and Martin together

That sucks. Including the fact that his dad was an abusive asshole and how the other members didn't support him in the music direction he was going. The guy was practically a one man band. I don't blame him losing his shit.

better vote, faggots

strawpoll.me/12960224

>dad's physical abuse made him practically deaf in one ear

I wonder if through some odd twist of fate this is what gave him such incredible attention to detail in music, it was like he was hearing things no one else could

Apparently Bob Dylan was so enamored with Brian's "ear" that he said it should be donated to the Smithsonian

>there's a universe where Brian continued with the Beach Boys without being interrupted by schizophrenia and continued to compete with Lennon and McCartney
>we're not in it

why fucking live at this point

Only songs i give a shit about on Sgt Pepper is A Little Help From my Friends, When I'm 64, the ending version of the title track, and maybe Getting Better/Fixing a Hole.

I LOVE every song on Pet Sounds. Like i got fucked by my two best friends (both girls, silly) to songs off of Pet Sounds. i love it that much

A Challenger Appears

which songs

and didn't they find it pretty weird

Okay, we were listening to Pet Sounds in the background. It got to "I Just Wasn't Made For These Times" when we started messing around with each other and fucking. I may not remember what song we ended on, because fuck we had a itunes playlist, but the point is i love Pet Sounds.

Pet Sounds > Sgt Peppers
Abbey Road > Sgt Peppers
Pet Sounds > Abbey Road
HW61 B&B > Pet Sounds

yep

Revolver >> Pet Sounds => Sgt. Pepper