Built a pc the other day, now it won't start. Says stop code is CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

Built a pc the other day, now it won't start. Says stop code is CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

I can't go anywhere, it boots directly to a BSOD or this. It's tried to fix itself about 10 times, but it won't work.

What do I do now, Sup Forumsros?

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/nMYBcc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

install a linux

I guess it'd work, but it'd be kinda boring to have a computer with no programs.

ahh... to be a teenager again

Make a bootable Memtest USB drive and boot to that. Run the full test with a single pass first and see if it's stable. If it passes run it with a 4 pass run and see if it still passes. Start there, RAM issues in my experience account for a vast majority of BSOD.

WINE. Play on Linux. Google. You're welcome.

reseat all the hardware

More programs are available for Lijux than any other OS these days.

This.

Something isn't sitting right.

Did u use a new hard drive? Sometimes it'll try to boot the old OS

try to use only one ram stick. Consult motherboard manufacturer for which slot to use.

Nope, everything is fresh from the box. Im trying the memtest boot right now, though. Results soon.

Check all the hardware again to make sure everything is properly fastened and switch around your RAM sticks.

did u try restarting your pc? it says to restart it

Fuck. It won't recognize the USB as a useable drive. Did I mess up somewhere along the way?

Make sure ur not trying to boot from a USB 3.0 slot won't recognize

Explain further, that's not enough info for me to go on. Do you know how to boot to the boot options BIOS/UEFI page using F12? Does it not show up there? Make sure it's connected to a USB 2.0 port not 3.0.

I'm using the BIOS to boot it, but I'll try the 2.0 slot. Swapping the RAM around didn't work, either.

might have to launch in safmode networking your gpu driver might be keko

Use F12 instead of F2 to get the Boot Options menu. If your MoBo supports UEFI you'll have the option to boot into BIOS Memtest or UEFI memtest, boot into UEFI memtest. If the memtest passes then your next step in diagnostics would be to do a clean install of Windows 10 and see if it happens again, this will confirm hardware issue. Download the latest Windows media creation tool and make a Windows 10 x64 Boot USB.

Nope, system is still fucky. Used a 2.0 slot and it recognized it on the BIOS page, but it still says I need to select a proper boot device. I've got some old files on the drive, could that be interfering with it at all?

Yes, format the drive to Fat32 then use the memtest tool to creat a boot able USB, you can't just drag the files onto it. The drive has to made bootable with nothing else on it using the tool.

Install windows 7 you faggot.

sudo rm -rf /*
then install gentoo

Install linux

NTFS for windows

Download the Windows MemTest86 USB image.

Right click on the downloaded file and select the "Extract to Here" option. This places the USB image and imaging tool into the current folder.

Run the included imageUSB tool, it should already have the image file selected and you just need to choose which connected USB drive to turn into a bootable drive. Note that this will erase all data on the drive.

why not NSFW? or even better STFU?

Done, it has a bunch of weird complicated shit on the screen. Classic windows font with a blue background. This sound right? Looks like it's doing something.

That means you booted into BIOS memtest instead of UEFI memtest, which is fine it will still run the same tests, though the UEFI version is preferred. If it's running you'll know because there will be percentage completion indicators and shit.

install gentoo

Alright, I went from the "insert bootable drive" screen, which makes sense. Will this only tell me issues in my memory or will it actually fix it? If it expects me to fix anything, that might be a little bit of a problem.

Nope, if it detects issues then you have hardware issues with the RAM, nothing can be fixed. This is a low level hardware testing utility. It will test both CPU and Memory for faults. If it fails time to get new RAM buddy.

So I'm pretty much fucked out of my files or fucked out of more money? How can there even be a RAM issue if I've been using it for a total of less than 12 hours?

It was faulty on production my man. Technology often leaves the factory already fucked and arrives at your door to fuck your day up. That's why RMA exists. They will replace it for free if it's faulty. If you need you files just connect the drive to a working PC, don't boot to it, and copy them off.

That's be a solid plan if my other computer wasn't a laptop. I'm not sure if I'd rather have to wait three days or reinstall my system, honestly. If you reinstall windows and keep your files, it keeps programs too, right?

Let the RAM test finish first, see if it passes. If it passes then do a clean install of Windows 10. This will involve formatting the HD first so all files and programs will be lost, but this is the only certain way to determine if it's a hardware or software issue. You can make a Windows 10 boot USB using the media creation tool from their website for free. Your laptop will auto activate your windows once you connect to the internet on first boot.

Sorry not laptop, desktop. This is assuming you've already activated the PC before the issue arose.

give us your specs your turd sandwich

Hardware will likely fail at two main points. Shortly after you start using it as it's quality tests are too basic to reveal flaws. Second is after it's run it's life spam to the end of it's rope.

This assumes it was working when it left the manufacturer and you weren't retarded and fried it. Welcome to computers.

No errors, so thats good. I'm guessing this is a rare issue? I couldn't find anything else helpful about it, so I'm hoping it'll be smooth sailing from here on out. Any recommendations to prevent this in the future, also?

pcpartpicker.com/list/nMYBcc

Not really. Allow Windows updates to successfully install, as in don't let it shut down or cut off during an update to avoid corruption. Always shut down the PC correctly. Turn of the "Fast Start" option within windows so that it properly shuts down each time, the extra boot time is negligible. Do a clean install of Windows 10, connect to the internet, grab all your drivers from the MoBo website, install them, get GPU drivers as well, and go from there.

Sloppy.

If you have a Windows 10 install disk don't use it. Get the most recent edition using the Windows Media creation tool from their website like I said before.

Did you ensure your ram is in the right dim slots assuming you're using two sticks. The bios book will tell you which ones to use.

This is a good thing to check, however if it were in the wrong slots and causing an issue memtest would have failed.

Stranger things have happened

>a computer with no programs
What are you talking about nigger?

Plus, if your memory is really ducked your comp wouldn't make it past post most likely.

Had this problem myself, get a new hard drive and it should work just fine. Get windows 10 from the tool that Microsoft provides (just Google "windows 10 download" and it should come up)
Get it on a CD (I had to do it through a CD because USB didn't work) and restart the computer and hold F12 and boot it from the disk :)

And windows 10 checks if your windows key is legit through the motherboard so you don't have to worry about paying for a new copy or anything like that if you haven't changed motherboard

Also here's a quick guide to installing a fresh copy of Windows correctly.

>make sure it Windows 10 x64 when using the media creation tool
>when booting from the USB make sure you boot into the intaller using UEFI and not legacy BIOS
>Once you get into the installer and you get to the part where you select your install drive press Shift + F10
>This will open a command prompt
>Type "diskpart" without the quotes and hit enter
>type "list disk"
>this will list the drives on your PC
>type "select disk X" where X is the drive you want to install to, it will have a drive number, hi enter
>type "clean" hit enter
>type "convert gpt" hit enter
>type "list disk" again and hit enter
>your disk should now have the same number for total capacity and available capacity and the GPT field should have an asterisk
>type "exit"
>type "exit"
>Now back in the Windows installer click refresh
>select the drive you're installing to and click new
>click Okay or next or whatever on the screen that pops up
>if you've done it correctly you'll have 4 partitions created and the Primary partition will already be selected
>You can now click next to begin the installation.

Thank you Sup Forumsrro, you've probably saved one of my walls and possibly my head from having a hole put into it. I owe you my life.

No worries, also see my guide I just furiously typed up haha

With Wine [Machine Code] and Mono [CIL (C#/VB/etc)] you can run EVERY windows application.

Install Windows 7, install the motherboard software so it can recognize your USB ports and wireless, install the software for video card and audio. When all that is running, then try to upgrade to Win 10. Or leave it at Windows 7 as it can run all the games with less isssues.

Upgrading to a new version of Windows over a previous version is the absolute worse way to do it. A clean install is ALWAYS better. Don not listen to this guy at all. Also 7 runs games better? Where'd you learn that meme from?

Dope. It looks the same as it did before, but it's better to have made sure than to risk another BSOD.

Side note, sometimes this key is also f8 or delet key.

Yeh, if a clean install with the most recent build from the media creation tool and most recent drivers from the MoBo website still end in BSOD then you have a hardware fault for sure. Unless they have a faulty driver that hasn't been addressed yet, in which case you could try an older version of Windows like 7 and see if it happens there as well.

Throw away and buy a Mac

advanced options
I think it'll give you an option for cmd
sfc /scannow

install gentoo

Not all of us have an excess amount of hair around our necks.

That is because the hard disk is not house broken. You need to take a magnet (any decent-sized magnet will do) and rub it on the hard drive. Your hard drive probably comes from China, where the local magnetic moment is different than where you are user. This will reset it and let you use the drive. You're welcome.

Neither on your balls, apparently. Grow up.

Okay, easy now. No need to be so sensitive about a little banter big guy. Jesus "you guys" are so fucking sensitive about your operating systems.