If I moved to an English speaking country, how quickly would my English skills get better?

If I moved to an English speaking country, how quickly would my English skills get better?

Go to the US.
England is frustrating.

I may have a change to move abroad for a while as an exchange student in a few years, been considering the US too.

Honestly very quickly, if you already have a decent grasp of the language. I knew a Finn in Hong Kong for a few months and he improved a lot, even it's not the main language here.

I moved to Canada 14 years ago and still can't speak English 2bh lad

Hello brother

Well, there aren't anymore many native English speakers left in Canada. Soon you all will be speaking some kind of Canadian Singlish-Arabic.

>tfw speak English better than most native speakers
Feels weird man

sorry but you don't

Sorry but you really don't know me

sorry but I really know that it's pretty much impossible to master a foreign language better than your native one

Depends on how actively you expose yourself to the particular language environment. If you are going to live a NEET life there, obviously there won't be much difference.
But if you'll immerse yourself in this language, your progress will be ridiculously fast. As simple as that.

>better than
better then*

>better than your native one
I didnt say that
>impossible
It's very possible
But then again I went to a British school and an Anglo University

still highly doubt that

Don't. I've met plenty of people in that situation, especially in international schools. And I got higher English scores than most of the Brits and Americans in my classes so there's that too.

>English
>Hard

my mother tongue isn't Indo-European :^)

>so there's that too.
What the fuck it means? What were you trying to say by using that set of words?

I moved here when I was 16. I got moved from ESL classes to normie English classes within 3 months.

He just wanted to emphasize that he had to offer a second argument as well in addition to the first part of his post, I guess.

How well did you know English before moving?

Google it

Google what? Random set of words without context? Top advice m8

You got your answer here Learn to English, African. There's literally nothing wrong with that sentence.

Sure you can impress people with your vocabulary, but pretty certain you don't know all the nuances of a language a native speaker would know. That's OK though.

>There's literally nothing wrong with that sentence.
Keep telling yourself that ;->)

>you don't know all the nuances of a language a native speaker would know.
I've been speaking it from a young age in an entirely anglophone environment. Not saying I speak better than all native speakers but I've lived in an English speaking country and can tell you with confidence that I know it better than the majority because I studied English Lit further than most people would in a UK school for example. Also my SAT and A-level scores are significantly above average.

Ok sure. Meanwhile you can look over this post and wonder why you criticising anyones English is retarded.

Your English will get worse in the UK.
They don't speak the language right half the time.

not much desu, I had generic idea about basic grammar and vocabulary from the Middle School English classes in my cunt of origin.

>my cunt of origin.
is that a secret? We're not going to tell anybody.