Is atheism a cult or religion?

is atheism a cult or religion?

Other urls found in this thread:

neetpussy.com
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

neither

It's a way of life

It's nothing. It is defined as the lack of belief. Nothing else. Fuck

well if you view the way that picture implies you do it could be viewed as a cult, a cult doesnt have to have religious implications just devotion or strong admiration to a person(s) or objects. kinda like how a t.v show can have a cult following.

so atheists have a belief. that sounds spiritual. what's next, using the belief to prove your point?

The only difference between a cult and religion is whether or not your cult has politicians in it.

Atheists believe they are sure that there is no God.... Agnostics believe there is not enough data.

I wish you fat shits would get that.

>fourhorsement.jpg
it's neither, A-Theism, a-theists do not believe in a god or gods

Is OP a faggot or a homosexual?

atheism is the religion of non-religion; where you worship god not existing & praising the holy book "the god delusion" by the prophet richard dawkins

Everybody knows that God is the Word.

>that sounds spiritual
A belief is anything you accept as truth. There's nothing spiritual about believing something doesn't exist when there is no evidence it exists.

You mean, "Bird is the Word"

Bill Nye is the only prophet

Atheism plus is. Atheism is not

Neither.

Its simply not believing in god.

From.there anything goes. They dont think about religion or god. They just go about their lives and worry about other things.

To be a religion there would have to be a set of morals codes guidelines they all follow collectively.

Theyre not an organization, and values, codes, morals and beliefs vary from one to the next and they have no centralised structure.

like equality, humanism & putin-trump conspiracies?

Scratch an athiest and you'll find a narcissistic theist who didn't get what he prayed for. Since he's fucking perfect, he presumes the problem must be on the other end.

Fucking crybabies.

Sure. God is a concept like those things.

a phase oc

Or they dont find eye witness accounts from thousands of years ago credible evidence, and they noticed the pattern that every great mystery of life ever cracked turned out to be not magic..

atheism in its purest form, is a belief, nothing wrong with being an actual atheist and keeping it to yourself

atheism as in worshipping Darwin and nigger degrasse tyson is a cult, a stupid faux-intellectualist cult

it's a hip trip, daddy-o

They're not even eyewitness accounts most of the time. The stories were written down decades or centuries after they supposedly happened by people who weren't even there.

It's a cult. You can argue about that but it's the truth. Let the butthurt begin. Oh God still #1.

No, in my case you'll just find a Jew with no faith due to a simple lack of evidence.

I thought Grease is the word?

I thought the bird is the word

>using the belief to prove your point
No, they usually use peer reviewed scientific research for that.

Dawkins is too militant for my liking.

Well, disproving a thing like God is impossible. That's why debates like this still exist.

I never prayed for anything?

The entire thing is edgy

If the only arguement you have in favor of something is 'it can't be disproven' then you have a very weak argument.

science is a belief. it only exists inside the human mind and wouldn't exist if we did exist.

It's simply a state of mind and realization of the truth.

A religion is a cult where the guy running the scam has died.

Thats the least intelligent thing I've heard in a while. The research wouldn't exist without us, but everything found to be true would still be true with or without us.

Atheists don't believe there are gods.
Agnostics don't know whether or not there are gods.
Atheism and agnosticism are not mutually exclusive

How many times do you need to be told that before it sinks in?

although it cant be proved, reality still exists if you don't. if everything in the universe disappeared, all of the proclaimed "laws of nature" still apply. physics is constant, our naming and referential frames are arbitrary however.

the absence of evidence isn't evidence of absence. how can you prove the existence of something that exists beyond time and space, when science is limited to the physical world?

That's why religion is dying in the West.

A good question that theists have yet to adequately answer.

dat b8 m8

ITT: Athiests controlling Athiest

You can't. You can't prove or disprove it. But what makes one so sure the religion they are part of is the correct one? There are hundreds of existing faiths extant in the world, but yours just so happens to be the right one? Based on what?

I hate atheists, caring so much about what Christians do and overlook Islam. Also thinking that their opinion matters enough to change someone's religion

>Atheists believe they are sure that there is no God

No, Atheists have a lack of belief in a deity, hence the "A" (lack of) and "theist" (deity)

it's a mental illness

>Also thinking that their opinion matters enough to change someone's religion
Kinda like all the people that come knocking on doors to invite you to their church, huh?

It's a philosophy which in some cases can be a religion.

Take LaVeyan Satanism, for example. It's an atheistic religion founded by Anton Szandor LaVey in 1966. It believes in upholding oneself and what one holds dear, and finding purpose through fulfilment of the ego.

I follow it. Ask away.

>atheism in its purest form, is a belief, nothing wrong with being an actual atheist and keeping it to yourself
jesus christ.....

It's a cult whose primary belief is they're smarter than everyone else. Hence their constant need to post about it on Sup Forums. Similar to a vegan.

Isn't that just how you describe an imaginary object?

>Also thinking that their opinion matters enough to change someone's religion

It literally should you fucking baby. How stupid and out of touch can you be still latching to a fucking abrahamic religion.

also proving he exist, which is why there is no point believing in him

>it's a mental illness
>not believing in something you can't prove exists is a mental illness
>talking with a man you can't see or hear isn't

>Christians post more threads on Sup Forums every day than atheists

While this may be true, proving the irrelevance of religion is rather easy.
GIVEN:
1. God is all-knowing
2. God is all-powerful
3. God is omnipresent
4. God is perfect.

If we presume these things to be true (as most religious folk of whatever flavor usually do) then it is inherently impossible for anything in the universe to actually go wrong. God's plan is perfect. Conceived perfectly, executed perfectly, over the absolute totality of reality. It is impossible for anything contrary to the will of God to exist or occur. There can be nothing for which God did not plan, nor anything which God was unable to control.

Therefore, the assertion that God wants everyone to follow one single set of rules would disprove God's perfection simply by the existence of nonbelievers. The very fact that Dionysian Pagans exist means that Dionysian Paganism is a part of God's plan. The very fact that Taoism exists means that Taoism is a part of God's plan. This understanding extends to Buddhism, Islam, Atheism, Odinism, and everything else that has ever happened. God did not fail to appear to the ancient Egyptians. God did not fail to convince the Native Americans. God did not fail to convince me. If God wanted me to be a Baptist, I would be. Because God would have succeeded in leading me to that path.
Ergo any faith, including a complete lack of faith, must be acceptable to a perfect God. Don't want to believe in God? That's because God doesn't want you to want to believe in God. All-powerful beings, by definition, get whatever they want.

So you are left with only two possible explanations for the state of the world and the state of belief/disbelief/disagreement/confusion present in all the people of the world:
1: God is nonexistant
2: Religion is irrelevant

Dennett is too stupid. Replace with Lawrence Krauss

But user, religions are the ones with weird food restrictions.

>hence all the "why can't atheists define atheism for the umpteenth time" threads

> ~Religion
> ~Collective Imaginary friend Syndrome
> 100% Confirmed

Just to be certain, you're arguing "you can't define atheism," correct?

you cant disprove the massive black dildo floating over your head

are you dense? atheism is the lack of belief

A religion is based on faith. Atheists say that they don't have faith, because their "God" is science, and science is based on facts, not speculations. But actually most things they know to be facts are just speculations that have not yet been proven. Thus, Atheism is a religion.

The whole atheism vs religion is just cringe. I choose to believe in Gods for the simple fact that I don't know what happens when I die. Science has yielded no answer to that.

no that's why western people have become weak & pussywhipped, and why islam is on the rise, unhindered by the vast armies of cuck'd liberals.

here's a small list of things people unironically can believe in, as long as it's unconntected to the bible.
>people can believe in 50 different genders
>people believe in ghosts, tulpas & succubuses
>people believe in wicca, buddhism & newage
>people in the media, politicians & government
>people believe in jedis & the force
>people believe in aliens
>people believe in feminist bullshit

good thing that moral isn't universally defined, instead of being like a rubberband that can stretch as much as your personal preferences wants it to.

just imagine the horrors of a society full of people with high moral standards or isn't degenerated feminists/sjws/pedos/faggots.

No, I'm arguing "Christians keep insisting that we can't, even when we prove we can time and time again, because arrogance and blind faith is second nature to Christians".

Define faith.

that is your spiritual belief: that lack of belief

>But actually most things they know to be facts are just speculations
Yep, they're just making it up as they go!

It is neither a cult nor religion.

Why does "I don't know" become "I believe in Gods"? Why not just accept that you don't know?

It's both

More like the 4 Horsemen...

stop pretending to be retarded please.

>>people believe in wicca, buddhism & newage
>literally my religion is right and your's is wrong because I said so

>Athiesm is a belief
>Evolution is just a theory
>prove their is no God
>how can you know for certain if brain fizz
>look at the trees

Either Christians have decided the best way to beat Athiests is to repeat same dumbass talking points until everyone gets bored or Athiests are trolling each other.

>baby's first attempt at philosophy
Every abrahamic religion postulates that god's plan is beyond human comprehension. Unbelievers aren't proof of shit you fucking moron since you're trying to use human logic to "disprove" something that transcends humanity

Why should I accept that I dont know? Another user said that Atheism believes in science. Where are these answers then? Why should I go on and just accept not knowing?

you sound like "I don't know what that light in the sky is, must be aliens."

Nah. Matt Dilahunty is enlightened tier Athiest

Or you know I fear fucking death and want to take some comfort that we aren't just pitched into an eternal void.

One is epistemological and the other is metaphysical. Do people really not think they are mutually exclusive?

Why do younger girls do this? neetpussy.com

>Why should I accept that I dont know?
Because it's the truth. You don't. Stop being afraid of "I don't know".

>Well, disproving a thing like God is impossible

Proving **OR** disproving the existence of God is impossible, by definition. "Faith" means believing in things unseen -- as in "unobservable" -- duh!

If the existence of God were provable by observation, then it wouldn't be "faith", it would be "science".

Krauss is smarter

>Do people really not think they are mutually exclusive?
Yes, because they aren't.

Agnostic atheist
>I don't know if God exists, but it seems unlikely

Agnostic theist
>I don't know if God exists, but it seems more likely than not

Yeah, they aren't mutually exclusive

Atheism is just a name for something that should be called normal. We have to call it a this Because it help define the real people from religious nuts.

Why fear death? Are you afraid of the time before you were born?

>science is a belief.
Science is a "method" not a belief.
Specifically, science is a method of observation and analysis. Controlling for some factors in order to isolate and observe others with specificity, for the purpose of understanding a substance, process, or organism.

Krauss is smarter but Dilahunty is much better at debating theists