So I'm four episodes into season two. I like the show so far...

So I'm four episodes into season two. I like the show so far, like most people I found the first half of season one to be kinda bad but the second half to be great. Every episode in season two (other than Yesterdayland) I've enjoyed a lot.
My biggest complaint is Vincent Adultman. Funny at first, but Jesus Christ, it's getting to be too much. It's an absurd show but it has a reasonable believability to it (in the universe the show takes places in, things make sense). Vincent Adultman is too much. Anyone agree or is everyone a fan of Vincent?

I watched all three seasons and I don't even remember a Vincent adultman

If it makes you feel any better, he's not in season three. Fuck you though, Vincent was great.

Just a running gag, he's not in season 3.

Same thing with Vincent here, funny joke that got overused. Especially in the party episode.

Also did anyone else feel that season 3 was just a lot of the same things from seasons 1 and 2? Especially the last few episodes.

Yeah the party episode was way too much, before that I liked him.

Vincent Adultman was the best character. I liked having a mature grown-up on the show to look up to.

Yeah I don't find the show that funny overall but I like the character and story progression.

It's not exactly deep (woah, Hollywood is fake and hollow and celebrities can be damaged) but I enjoy it.

Best part?

>I don't forgive you

Or

>Tell me I'm a good person

after season two, I already recognized the pattern

not that I mind. I'm not watching for any plot or character reasons. it's a funny sitcom. the jokes are good

i'd like to work at a business factory

>I really wanted you to like me, Diane.

>I know.

hollywoo stars and celebrities
what do they know?
do they know things?
let's find out!

I stayed away from this series for so long because I kept reading everywhere FIRST SEASON FUNNY COMEDY AFTER THAT SHITTY DRAMA

For fuck sake, I'm glad I finally picked it up and binged watched it all in one sitting. Every episode in season 1 got consistent laughs out of me while in episodes after that not EVERY joke was good, but other than that the tone and quality is totally consistent throughout the whole show. Its not perfect but its fucking captivating imo.

Plus they used death grips as a soundtrack to a horse man having an existential break down in the middle of a poly substance drug binge. Thats as kino as netflix is gonna get

i actually just started this half way through episode 1 its pretty good so far

"I don't forgive" you for sure. It really made me realize what kind of show it was, and how characters also acted like they would if it was a real life situation.

are you currently taking a break from marathoning the first episode?

I understand these criticisms but I feel like part of it is meant to capture how the actions and behaviors of people like Bojack Horseman are extremely cyclical and usually just a never ending downward spiral of repeated mistakes until death, unless they choose a significant daily lifestyle overhaul requiring constant effort.

I hated Vincent because it made princess look like a fucking idiot. At first I thought she humoring Bojack but no, she actually believed it.

I'm currently binging and halfway through Season 2 Episode 11 but I can't finish it. I know what's going to happen at the end but I didn't think he could ruin his friendship with Charolette in just one episode.

So Aaron Paul is the roomate right? I can usually tell but i was expecting him to sound exactly like he always does so it kind of threw me off that he would put effort into not sounding exactly like Aaron Paul.

Also I can't be the only one who thinks Philip Seymour Hoffman would have been a great fit for this series

Everyone in the series is a fucking idiot, its just a matter of whether they're always a fucking idiot or only sometimes a fucking idiot.

Hey, kind of like real life.

no i fully marathoned it

What's wrong with Adultman, OP? Do you not like PC having a boyfriend? Don't you want her to be happy?

I thought that at first as well, and it kinda bugged me that she never figured it out. Shes usually the smartest one in the room, and suddenly she's unable to notice a kid? It was funny at first, but it got old fast, they used it too often.

I get that, but I hope it doesn't go the route of Californication where nobody changes at all. The end of season 3 made me worried about that.

I'd really like to get into the writers head's if only to see how they keep coming up with the cutaway animal sight gags for every episode. Comfy and hilarious stuff, that

Kek, I thought he was pretty funny. The only thing involving him that I found trying was the scene where him and Princess finally break up for good at her apartment and he keeps switching disguises. That shit was just tedious and should have been cut in half time wise.

DESU i didn't remember him, Don't worry he doesn't appear in Season 3

One of my favourite gags.

Nah like that dude said I liked him until the final breakup. It was way too long. I did like the Her jokes with Todd though.

Is Californication good? Its one of those series that passed my by because I was mostly too young to be interested in it when it first started airing, but if its got a similar tone to Bojack I could use something to scratch the itch after finishing every episode.

If its good but there's a jumping off point I'd love to know.

Wait, I don't think thats where they broke up for good. But yall know the scene I'm talking about

Nice quads, consider them checked.
I'm glad they finally gave her a sophisticated, jewwy gentleman boyfriend in season 3 who can actually handle and counterpoint her. I was expecting her and the manbun secretary to have a throwaway sex romp but I'm glad they made him too aesexual for that to happen, that was funnier.

That poor lad has really seen some shit for a regular slacker in his mid 20s.

First few seasons are good, but it sorta meanders and gets worse fast. Bojack is better.

Really disliked parts of the abortion episode, they went full "FUCKING WHITE MALE" with that one.I mean, I know it was always a SJW show and it never bothered me before but it triggered me a bit in that episode.It was unabashedly "ALL PRO-LIFERS ARE COMPLETELY UNREASONABLE AND WRONG" and I am actually more in favour of choice.

Is there a serious undertone for lore in the show when it comes to animals and humans?

The episode where Todd helped a chicken escape and they talked about genetically altered chicken for consumption was creepy.

It depends on what the joke calls for. The rules of the world rely on humor, not logical consistency.

I like that they haven't referred to BoJack having a stereotypically massive horse cock yet.At least, I can't remember one.

>it was always a SJW show
Just cause its got a couple SJW characters doesn't make it a SJW show. Its way too fair and nihilistic to be reduced down to that.

I mean they spent a whole season showing the biggest SJW character as a hypocritical retard who can barely keep her life together.

And on that point, I'm glad they did that. The scene where Bojack calls her an asian Daria cracked me the fuck up, because its true. Guys like me tend to fetishize the fuck out of the nerdy Daria archetype but in reality they don't have their shit together nearly as much as an outsider might think.

If you're not vested in Bojack's character the rest of the show is mediocre. There's too many boring episodes and laborious relationships. More bad episodes then good IMO.

> I found the first half of season one to be kinda bad but the second half to be great.

Weird, for me its the opposite, I dropped it halfway through because it began to suck.

I honestly think you have to relate to him at least a little to become a fan. Most people who don't like the show shitpost about how the fans are retarded for relating to him, so it makes sense.

We never found out what happened to that passed out teenager that BoJack left at the hospital in New Mexico.I guess we wouldn't really seeing as BoJack can't be anywhere near that family anymore but I thought she was going to die or something.

With all the times he fucked with no horse cock jokes, I actually think he just has a normal sized cock.

Hospitals are pretty good at sorting out alcohol poisoning, and hers wasn't even that bad. She was fine and probably doesn't even remember most of the night, just had to wake up in a gown to pissy parents and an outrageous hospital bill that her pissy parents likely have good insurance to cover.

I wish I didn't know this from life experience.

Holy shit there's a third season. I was talking to my brother two days ago saying I hope they release a third one soon.

Vincent is great though. We makes business transactions at the business factory.

Its good stuff man, you're in a for a lighthearted, fun ride that will make you feel optimistic about the bright new days ahead of you.

is that the same thing as consecutively marathoning each episode?

Don't push dumb memes on newfags cause then we just have more people spouting dumb memes. Let the kid's innocence and naivety go uncorrupted one more day.

S1
>Please tell me it's not too late

S2
>It gets easier

S3
>Once you get to really know people, it ruins them

Got some real "Anomalisa vibes from parts of S3

I thought that the end of season 2 (like literally the last scene) should have been saved for the end of the show. Would work so well as an ending.

I liked the end of S3 because Bojack knows he's made zero progress as a human, in fact he might even be slightly more suicidal than before, but is reminded once again that everything is up to his own choice. He could be down there running with that club, nothing is stopping him. Its a familiar crossroads but he realizes his situation is more dire than ever.

I completely agree, I think Bojack could've very easily ended altogether with S2, and I'd think it was perfect. That being said, I'm happy they kept going, and even though I personally like S2 more, S3 is overall noticeably better in quality - just a lot darker - which makes it less fun to rewatch. Bojack even directly references the baboon guy on one or two occasions in S3 saying something along the lines of "it doesn't get better, and it never gets easier."

Kind of reminds me of Mad Men. The show had a perfect "series finale" when Don shows his kids the whorehouse, but instead it kept going. And even though the later episodes were much darker in tone, mega S7 is arguably the best in the series.

I still think Peggy's ending was a lame copout though

>as a human
Alright castrate me, you know what I meant

Maybe it was addressed in the show and I just missed it, but I have to ask: why isn't this dude in therapy? Absolutely no one seems to suggest it even after all the bullshit he's been through and done to other people. I almost feel like it's a major plot hole that would ruin the entire premise of the show because his broken personality is what makes the show what it is.

He doesn't want to go to therapy. People probably just know better than to suggest it because he immediately would shut that shit down. Binge drinking and nailing sluts is far more fun than therapy.

Besides, you overestimate how much people give a shit about others when they've got their own problems to think about. Anyone who cares enough about Bojack to suggest therapy either was pushed away a long time ago, will be pushed away inevitably, or just never existed in the first place.

In fact, he's probably tried it at least once before in like the first decade after Horsin Around and it didn't do shit for him for various reasons, or any positive change was fleeting as with the audiobooks. He probably is very convinced that therapy is worthless.

What I'm trying to say is that I personally think therapy is worthless. So are audiobooks.

You really just summed up everything I felt about season 3, while giving me some hope for what's to come. Thanks.

[Spoiler] did anyone else think that the joke at the end of S3 was gonna be that the spaghetti strainers don't get used and Mr. Peanutbutter going to a movie killed a whole city? [/spoiler]

episode 1 is the worst episode

Bojack is the kind of character who would never reliably go to a therapist.

Literally the only things that will ever go wrong for Mr. Peanutbutter are his marriages.

Especially after what hes gonna be doing in S4...

>bomeme redditman

I am actually amazed we got this far in thread before you showed up.

>Just cause its got a couple SJW characters doesn't make it a SJW show
Season 3 did have some moments.

There was "Privilege checking"
WHITE MALES (though the fact they're white doesn't have anything to do with abortion)
And -Black People-

Did anyone else find Season 3 incredibly uneventful and all around sort of disappointing?

Nothing has drastically changed since the end of season 2, no characters finally reached a conclusion. It feels like we're starting to go downhill.

I honestly don't think I perceive the scenes in question the same way you guys do.

For instance, the whole abortion sequence. I thought it was hilarious because I could totally see Nicki Minaj coming out with a raunchy pro abortion hit single in real life and millenials either throwing a fit or commending her for being liberated. The episode didn't seem to have any political spin to me, just another Bojack episode.

They killed off an extremely annoying character and still managed to make me feel depressed about it, so there's that at least.

S2 > S3 > S1, fight me

>Also I can't be the only one who thinks Philip Seymour Hoffman would have been a great fit for this series
I agree, but I don't think it ever woulda happened. I don't think he'd be a good bojack, but he'd fit somewhere.

This is on the mark

this
and, therapy doesn't always work. I'm not denying that it's great for some people, but it's definitely not a science. Strikes me that Bojack is the kind of person it wouldn't work for at all, since he won't even make certain obvious acknowledgements/choices.

What were they trying to say this season with Mr. Peanutbutter? Are they just using him to say something about Ahnold?

Also, did anyone else predict that sara lynn was gonna kick it this season even before she showed up? I was wondering how they could top the emotional twist of last season and it was the only thing that came to mind. Honestly though, it felt like a cheap trope compared to last season's twist. also the second he hopes that all the women he gave money for abortions did you guys also call the scene with his daughter?

Fuck off, Sarah Lynn was easily one of the most consistently funny characters.

I called the daughter shit, seemed pretty obvious. Oh well, I'm counting on the creators to make something interesting out of it.

I personally believe that only 2 people think therapy works: people whose problems would have worked themselves out without therapy and therapists.

She does have her moments. I didn't hate her at all in the last few episodes of S3, but I found her mostly annoying prior to that. Mainly her voice more than anything else.

We all know he's gonna fuck his daughter, the question is just if he's gonna get her high on poppers and go anal or not

He was just some dude that PC was dating for a while. Not sure why either OP or Bojack got so upset about him.

Also I don't think they were necessarily trying to say anything about Arnie. Maybe draw some parallels between the two being lovable celebrities just handed a government position, but I think it was mainly just a funny non sequitur

OP just flustered he's not as mature of an adult as Vincent

>Abortion even being a debate
Only for degenerate conservative.

If you don't remember VA you most likely missed 99% of what was happening in the show.

I dont remember what season this was in, but the 'Happy 40th Birthday, Princess Carolyn' depressed the shit outta me. All the characters problems are very real, but PCs always hit me the hardest.

>I personally believe that only 2 people think therapy works: people whose problems would have worked themselves out without therapy and therapists.
Have you ever go to therapy?
I think a good therapist can help tons

>i wanna be an architect

But he can just counter by saying it would have solved itself. Even if you're right, you can't win here.

>it kind of threw me off that he would put effort into not sounding exactly like Aaron Paul

>i got surprised when i found out that an actor could act

I seriously still don't get the, "first few episodes where just meant to be funny" criticism.

They literally tell you in the very first cold opening that this is a dark show about a fucked up horse and problems are not going to be cleanly resolved in a 22 minute episode.

She tries so hard and while being out for herself she has legitimately made a career out of helping other people succeed. She deserves happiness. She doesn't deserve vile cunts making her feel bad about not having children.

Jeez guys didn't reckon Bojack fans to jump on my pessimism. I've tried it multiple times and its failed for reasons that are both mine and the therapists fault. I think its just too expensive a venture for it to only work if the stars eventually align. And lets not forget it is an industry, like anything else.

Its Aaron Paul. This is arguably the first role he's ever had where he doesn't just sound like Aaron Paul.

I hate to be andy autismo here but some people just don't get it. The irony is that the people who call it redditshit are fedoras themselves.

I disagree. Todd stood up to BoJack and his asexuality came to light. Princess Carolyn found a man who suits her and she has discovered new ambitions for her career.

yeah, I feel the same way. I feel like it's obvious what they're trying to say with all the other MC's, but I don't get mr. peanutbutter. For a second in the labrador peninsula they were trying to say he was a CIS white male and that everything in life came to him but he's oblivious to his privilege, but that doesn't seem like that's it. Also though maybe he's just a foil for everyone else, saying "dumb people make it on luck sometimes", but that seems too shallow. What am I missing?

>There was "Privilege checking"
>WHITE MALES
I caught the no black actors for the oscars thing, but I missed this. Where was it? I don't remember the word privilege at all.

what's goin on in this pic? did he fart? other than the meme shirt, he's got a slicker fit than anyone else there.

>the route of Californication where nobody changes at all

That show pissed me off because of that long before season 3. I think people are definitely changing in Bojack; it's just an ongoing process where they keep falling back into their old habits. I mean, if it was as static as Californication Sarah Lynn would just be the spoiled little rich celebrity who continually goes in and out of rehab and shows up for wacky shenanigans, and they sure as fuck didn't go in that direction.

This.

And this is exactly how they handled it on the show. There was no SJW pandering whatsoever.

Season 1
>mr peanutbutter a monologue about occupying yourself until you die

Season 2
>"it's not what you think!" The part on the boat

Season 3
>"you know my whole life I wanted to win an Oscar and I never even showed up to get it" you okay Sara Lynne? Sara Lynne?

Fuck yeah. People who deserve development got development. Any development Bojack gets will be saved for the very end of the series, I think. Him being a permanent fuckup is kind of crucial to the show

I don't think you're missing anything about PB. They gave him some depth for shits and giggles but he's not meant to be more than a happy go lucky retard.

When that happened I literally paused it and laughed for 10 minutes straight

I think there's a consistency to the rules that the creators set out beforehand, but we only really learn them gradually through the jokes; they're not going to change something that's been established for the sake of a joke.

A huge arc in season 3 is Bojack being depressed about not knowing how Anything turned out after he left.

>discovered new ambitions for her career.

No they made it clear she's going back. It's literally the same career and she doesn't see it. next season will be her losing the mouse. I'm surprised the thing with the frog didn't go anywhere. I bet next season she gets acquired and has an existential thing about being her own woman, then she realizes teh frog wants her to run the company

>mega S7
What episode(s) are you trying to refer to here? How do you think Peggy should have ended?

I like archer more

That really is a killer jacket now that you mention it
>you will never be a spoiled rich preteen at a rave for spoiled rich preteens only to drink too much red bull and shit your all white pants in front of everybody

Very true, bojack has always been better than Californication though.

Yeah, PC is one of the only characters on the show whos shitty life isnt really her own fault. That scene in the restaurant where he fired her was so crushing because she didnt do her job right, and should be probably should have been fired, but she had been so excellent before only to get shit and now when she really needs help it just gets worse. I'm glad the writers seem to be easing up on her a bit.

Also good luck with whatever you needed therapy for, hope things are going well now.

If you're old enough to be posting here and have had relationships other than online or with your mother, you should relate to him in some way - otherwise you're a perfect human being with a perfect life.

kek'd

>award shows exclusively for animals

It feels like there is some groundwork for tension that happened between animals and humans.

Kind of gives the impression of two ideas for a show in one.

I think the moment that got the biggest laugh from me in season 3 was Todd tipping the waitress eight million dollars. It was really sweet.

The ending of Fish Out of Water put the biggest smile on my face though.

Also, this is unrelated but I think my absolute favourite thing about this show is the continuity. Both the attention to detail and the fact that even seemingly throwaway jokes and subplots have a greater importance.

>I personally believe

Assuming you've ever been, many other people you've also been believe the opposite.

I read an interview with the creator where he states that the rules of the world rely on what they joke is going to be.

This is exactly true. You don't even have to be a poly-substance addict, you just have to be someone with enough mental capability to feel sad sometimes as a result of life's intricacies.

That's cool dude. I would hope there's people out there happier than me.

Fish Out of Water was super tedious but somehow the end made me wanna cry