Album Covers

How important are album covers to you, Sup Forums?

Do you not care, do they enhance or possibly worsen an album for you?

For me personally, it can really affect my listening experience. There are certain albums that I feel like I would've enjoyed more if the album cover was better.

For me the album cover doesn't necessarily change the quality of the actual music but the artwork definitely plays a role in picking a favorite. Especially when choosing to buy the LP. Example Melancholy and the Infinite Sadness is in my opinion the best looking album in existence {pic related} . And it does have some classics.

I like to think of the album as the soundtrack to the album art so it's very important to me. Album art only takes away from the music if it's very bad. This might sound autistic but it's connotative.

They arent

>There are certain albums that I feel like I would've enjoyed more if the album cover was better.
It makes me feel really autistic but I feel exactly the same. I know it can make some people angry but if the album art is bad then it really makes me enjoy an album less. I have no idea why. Even good album art makes some albums better (not always though)

This. The art is part of the album experience. It just is what it is.

Album cover helps brainlets like me understand what is being conveyed in the album better.
So yes very important.

Yeah I like my collection looking together as crisp as possible

Björk unironically has the best album covers
They're all memorable and represent each album very well

That art is horrible

It's great
It's bright and vibrant with a sense of humour
Represent the album well

Your opinion is wrong

It doesn't change how much I enjoy the music at all but a great can definitely add to the experience.

Also, when it comes to new music I confess that when I go through every week's new album releases on Last.fm I tend to judge both by genre and the album cover.

I just like fun things
We're just different people user

This. I love looking at my collection, it's so satisfying. I'm borderline autistic about organization

No fuck that you can't just affect me and get away with it

You should get some more Wings, particularly Wild Life, London Town, and Back to the Egg.

I've heard them, the singles are good but front to back I find them pretty mediocre

album art enhances the goodness that is already there. it does not work vice versa

>No fuck that
Alright listen here you cunt. God it's just so obvious how much you hate yourself eh. You're probably 14/15 right? Think you understand the world around you. Think your opinions are the real truth. Your future is written in everything that you write. And you probably think you're so complicated and unique. I can read you like a children's 5 page book. You're a nothing. And I wish anything I could say would change that, but frankly you're just one of the students that needs to fill the ranks at Mcdonalds. It's a hard truth but you need to swallow it quickly. You are not a creator, you are a destroyer. Someone that puts down everyone around themselves until they form a hole where there's only room for you. You lonely, sad fucking pit of pathetic. You will never be anything in this life. You will get up every day wanting to change yourself and be better today. But you'll never escape who you are. A nobody. So enjoy your life, enjoy putting people down, enjoy never amounting to anything. At least I'm doing something with my life, no matter how small you think that is. If doing this kind of shit online is what gets you to sleep at night, then go ahead. But never forget that you will live this life alone, depressed, and believing you are something more than you are. But it's just the opposite. You're a zero.

>beatlesfag

reddit leave

I'm going through these again and they're not half as bad as I remember. Thanks for the tip

It's pretty interesting.

In the example of Revolver, I've always considered this album to have a really black and white sound, even though a lot of the tracks are very psychedelic and colorful. I'm sure if it had a really colorful cover I would think of it differently.

Artists need to really consider their covers, because it does really affect how people consider the album.

>How important are album covers to you, Sup Forums?
Incredibly, they can make or break an album for me

Yeah but I think it's like when you tell someone your name and they say, "Oh you DO look like a (your name)." No matter what your name was you were going to look like your name. I think it's like that. Every album sounds like its album cover, because well, that's the album cover.

>tfw someone likes fun things near me

get out

nah
just you m8
album art is to catch the eye and sell copies

here's a perfect example of what album covers do. 4 really plain, boring covers flanked by two iconic ones

semi-related but god the New Year are faggots. same cover every album

When I first bought this album I was slightly disappointed because I thought this was going to be a "Live" album meaning a concert record.

Thank goodness the music was good enough that I could forgive the false deception projected by both the front and back cover.

This album is still GOAT and the reason why God invented Rock and Roll in the first place!

Some album covers move me and they DEFINITELY enhance the music in most cases, when an album has a good cover that translates directly to it's sound i become even more attached to said album.