Why is Leia actually at the battle of Scarif? She’s not a general...

Why is Leia actually at the battle of Scarif? She’s not a general. She's not shown to be commanding any military forces. Her presence there was a risky one. This is also problematic because in A New Hope, 10 minutes after the events of Rogue One, Leia tells Vader she is on an important diplomatic mission, despite having literally just left him above Scarif.

star wars has been run by idiots for a long time now
it's a pity

Because fuck Disney

Because Disney wanted to cash in on nostalgia.

Yeah but Vader didn't believe shit all while he was choking that guy who was claiming that they were a diplomatic ship. It was a crappy lie and they all knew it.

She was going for Diplomatic Immunity

That movie had no reason to exist and didn't further the plot one bit.

It was literally watch all these people die committing a terrorist attack.

KeK rip Antilles

Because 'the rebellion' was actually a legitimate faction of the empire at the time. the senate was still in place (for about another 21 minutes). It doesn't matter why she was there, she just was. ...and she has sympathy votes.

Why did the Rebellion begin anyway? What sparked it? I mean there was peace after the Clone Wars... was it the Jedi purge that triggered them? tf?

>feminazi
>triggered
You're probably okay with Rey having learned the Force just like that... while typical of irl situation where a man like Luke's character works hard to get where they are in life.
>the irony

The Empire was just evil.

I don't think it was ever thoroughly clarified how exactly, But we did get a glimpse of it in A New Hope when troopers came to interrogate Luke's family, while Luke was away with Ben/Obi-wan, and then killed them all.

>gyocentric male and feminazi
>when their powers combine
>equality is a fallacy
We all know that Rey cannot be more powerful than Luke Sup Forumsitches

See where lying to the Empire gets you? WWYD? Would you have lied about Luke's where abouts knowing they'd kill you?

Its the same thing thats going on today. The government is thinking it can do a better job of controlling dissidence and protecting its people by having more power.

the 'chancellor' tricked his way into becoming voted the emperor (supreme leader) because he convinced the senate to vote 'no confidence' in the officially democratically voted leader.

>having learned the force

there is no one in the galaxy more capable of teaching.

So you're saying their a rebel nation breaking away from a democratically elected peacekeeping force during a contested election?

>Oh shit
>fair enough
forgot the whole meme war, Trump protest vote, etc etc ...whew that was a close one. Imagine if Clinton won. HOLY SHIT. Prob would have lead to martial law and everything.

she didn't have my vote either...

no, i'm saying that in the face of war a populous would do whatever it takes to protect themselves.

even if it means giving up freedoms.

Yeah I agree, we've been doing it for years.

All of you are retards, she was there to pick up the fucking plans being transmitted to her ship

Who would you compare our irl players in the realm of Star Wars on a geo political scale?
>H.Clinton = Darth Sidious?

>moot point
Again why was it her to pick up those plans and not another person who was actually part of the Rebellion? Sauce, if you can.