KING GIZZARD and the Lizard Wizard

Just listened to their entire discography

5 good songs, most of it sounds like shitty band playing at 3pm at Coachella core

Okay, then.

Huh

DUDE
SICK
RIFFS

Paper mache dream balloon is my favorite gizzard album.

Nice opinion, cuck.

Thanks for the thread, it convinced me to delete all my Gizz

DUDE I LOVE KING JIZZ

I don't understand how people like this garbage let alone claim they're the best psych band now.

my brother only listened to this band because it was spotify recc-core and he thought they had a silly name

Because if you say Tame is the best psych band (which they are) people will ridicule you, so people fall back on the hipster choice, which is Gizz so people don't bully them. The moment Gizz get a song in a car commercial it's all over for them too.

Alright now I'm convinced this is just blatant shilling. Enough of your shitty fucking psych rock band. Everyone on this board who was going to like them listened to them a year ago and have already forgotten they exist, and the rest of us are never going to like them no matter how much you spam them.

Fucking sage.

are you ok

>The moment Gizz get a song in a car commercial it's all over for them too
Wrong. They were on Conan and all I heard were positive reactions from Gizz fans.

Also Tame Impala is literally Beatles 2.0. They're nothing new.

Are you implying that's not a majority of Sup Forums listens to?

This is the board that thinks trap and drone are unique and worthwile genres that are worth listening to.

They literally just put out a new album you fucking hothead

Yeah, much like Tame Impala, King Gizzard is psychedelic music for people who don't like psychedelic music.

Though to say 80% of their music is psychedelic in any degree is a huge, huge stretch.

It's just complacent indie rock.

but DUDE they SHRED some killer RIFFS my dude. love to blaze up and ROCK OUT to their SICK SHREDS

Well what should I listen to instead?

They put out too much content in pursuit of experimentation and end up pushing out so many similar songs that don't justify being on the same album alongside each other
Hopefully they stop rushing out album after album and actually put time and vision into one work soon

The Brian Jonestown Massacre or Six Organs of Admittance

same, i don't really like them when they're wailing over boring loud guitars but the smooth stuff on paper mache is nice

I can't wait until I get home so that I can smoke some cannabis(weed for those that don't know) while I listen to their SICK RIFFS

You're newer than I am, Sup Forums loved Lonerism and Innerspeaker back in 2013 and up Currents was released. I grew up listening to things like the Beatles, and I see the influence but I don't get the claims that they're a direct copy. Currents was a disappointment for me, since it just sounded like they were trying to jump on the 80's pop revival instead of sticking to their own genre.

And don't you shittalk gizz for being the hipster option. That's like saying The Doors are the hipster version of The Beatles.

I swear this board knows nothing about modern psych rock so they just start applying buzzwords to it in an attempt to sound like they know what they're talking about.

Most of you listened to them while alone, didn't you?

They sound like a slightly more adventurous Tame Impala, nothing special.

And the Beatles sounded like a less adventurous Jimi Hendrix nothing special :^)

>Also Tame Impala is literally Beatles 2.0. They're nothing new.
why dont you just go be retarded somewhere else

>You're newer than I am
I've been here since 2008. What do you think the "car commercial" comment was in reference too? It's when Sup Forums disowned Tame.

See, this is such a problematic attitude. People like you who insist music is a competition and you should listen to one thing instead of another thing. Newsflash retard: you can listen to 1000 bands and like all 1000. YOU are the true pleb.

The truth hurts, I know.

Those artists sound nothing alike though

Why are you guys listening to this band when a superior band released this a couple of years ago?

I listen to way more than 1,000 "bands."

You just like bad music and are bending over backwards to justify it.

wow its almost like that's the point I was trying to make with that post

Now you know how stupid it sounds when people say the Beatles sound like Tame Impala. It's such an asinine statement.
Great post, keep them coming :)

DUDE this board KNOWS SICK MODERN PSYCH

King Jizz, Tame Impala, AnCo the list goes on XD

Also Broadcast and Bardo Pond

That was real great stuff.

When I listen to King Gizzard and Tame Impala, it's like waiting in line at the DMV or something.

>DUDE if i post like im stupid and young it will make people that disagree look stupid XDDDD
Here's a pity (you)

There was one really good King Gizzard song called Float Along Fill Your Lungs though. Which is more than you can say for Tame Impala

I disagree about Tame Impala and King Gizz, but respect you for bringing up Broadcast. Very underrated band imo, rarely see them here outside occasional posts on /shugazi/

Seeing them live changed my whole opinion of the band. Super tight for a 7 piece band. Definitely not the best psych group out, but their live show outdoes their studio work by a lot.

>King Gizzard
>like waiting in line at the DMV
Yeah, no.

if you hate KING JIZZ you hate FUN

why would you do that to yourself
how long did it take you

you alright user? You seem have posted the same shit on every other gizz thread

I never understand this board hating on bands like this. Flavour of the month type stuff

IMO they're more like a garage rock band with some psychedelic influences

Their live shows kick ass

Get a life.

Would you care to mention good 'modern psych rock' other than plebcore since you happen to know a lot about it?

Black Angels (excluding their most recent release), Holy Wave, Heroin Oblivion, Jim James, Black Mountain, Morgan Delt, Mystery Jets, all of which have put out albums in the past few years.

Should I go on or can you fuck off now?

If their so bad why did you listen to their entire discography? How do people have time to listen to so much music that they don't even like?

>Should I go on or can you fuck off now?
DUDE that was SICK. what a BADASS

King Gizz is the best psych band that's been around for a while, since Tame Impala and MGMT have had their time already. Bands like Wand, White Fence and Brian Jonestown have no chance competing since they mostly make generic classic psych stuff which is always boring and lazy. Gizz started as surf, by the third record they did a total switch concept-wise and they have done it each album, which is a lot to say considering they have put out 10 records in their 5 years of existence. If anyone could have a chance for the best psych award would be Thee Oh Sees, Morgan Delt or Ty Segall
top 5 Gizz songs:
Altered Beast medley
Am i in heaven
Evil Death Roll
The river
Nuclear fusion

agreed except for your dismissal of Wand

im not the guy you were talking to but solid taste man except im a bit meh on heroin oblivion theyre alright but not the best thing out there. love jim james' last record. i have no idea what you see in mystery jets

Can we ban this guy?

Im for clever shitalking about bands one doesnt like, but this is just pure shitposting

and add UMO

DUDE that reply is SICK, you seem like a COOL F*CKING DUDE.

You wanna meet up and smoke some cannabis ( another term for weed) with me?

agree except i feel like youre blurring garage and psych together
i like wand but i feel like theyre just a tad derivative. it feels like theyre just trying to mash up tame and sabbath

Im not a big fan of mystery jets either, but my friend really digs em and they put out a record last year so i just figured I'd include them.

well the genres of garage rock and psych rock ARE blurred together

I did considered UMO but i think they are a level below, like The Murlocs, though they are really addictive. I also think The Growlers could have a chance, even after City Club

I mean they're alright but I don't really think they're worth all the discussion. The name is like the best part of the band

why does this band get people so riled up?
does guitar music just make children angry or what?

>The name is like the best part of the band
one of the best band names

If they were uniquely awful I'd understand all the threads, but this band is just as exciting as the color beige

This. Every time I mention the band name to someone they're expecting something super exciting but then they get a mediocre psych band

ever do 100 mph down the highway listening to Nonagon Infinity on loop?

Fuck me, those dude memes are true.

ok

What 5 songs did you think were good OP?

>being this triggered

lol

>""""""bands""""""

Oh shit, this is good stuff.

Even in 2013 i noticed they were boring indie shite with lots of chorus and phasers to impress normies when they DUDE WEED LMAO

I can't believe how much I love the Altered Beast medley.

yes. and to murder of the universe.

It's cause the people that get it are having fun, and the people that don't get it are mad that people are having fun and have to make threads about it.

You mean before they put out anything actually substantial?

I don't get why people who don't like psych are so quick to pull the DUDE WEED meme. Is it because it's easy bait?

I know DUDE those AUTISTS hate FUN

Needs more Perth bands, I count only two

how many times have you made this epic sarcastic comment?

Their new album is like 20 tracks long yet there are only 5 actual distinct songs

I'll be updating it, feel free to educate me because I know there's meant to be huge talent there

Are any of these actually good, and from Brisbane by any chance?

I like psych but revival bands of any genre are pretty dull

All are good
Kucka and Electric Egypt off the top of my head

Not really revivalist if it hasn't stopped since its creation. The genre has stagnated a bit, sure, and most psych and neo-psych bands are pretty derivative, but I sure as fuck wouldn't call King Gizz a stagnant band when every album since Quarters has been a concept album that explores a different concept.

Of course this is Sup Forums though, so you can't have any postive opinions on anything unless the hivemind wills it.

Which from the list are post-rock/shoegaze or noise rock influenced?

>thread ridiculing an entire artist's discography
wOW dUdE sTOp sHilLINg tHiS BANd!!!!! RREEEEEEE

Any Skramz bands or is it all just "experimental indie"

Krakatau, White Walls, Sweet Whirl, Total Control, Primitive Calculators, Dispossessed

None of those are shoegaze, more the other stuff you mentioned.

None of any of those things you mentioned

I'm still not convinced any of these bands will be good.

Awesome dude

I was hoping there would be some good Brisbane bands but I guess I'm wrong.

What's with your attitude, it sucks. Make recommendations

Have you heard of Deafcult (Brisbane band)? I saw them play at the Alcest show early this month and they were great, Noise Pop with 4 guitars, Mogwai/Jesus and Mary Chain I guess, but I couldn't hear the vocals, still their set was full of bangers

Goodbye then