Stranger Things

>it's a 2 kids, a niglet and a mute mary sue outsmarts a huge team of ultra intelligent CIA scientists episode
>it's an all characters except the policeman are unlikable and annoying as shit episode
>it's a teen romance scenes are so cringe worthy you have to skip past them episode
>it's a child actors who cant act for shit are given lines only an adult would say and they expect it to sound natural episode
>it's a series tries to create an 80s atmosphere but still uses shitty mid 00's cgi instead of the classic 80's practical effects when all they needed was a guy in a rubber suit episode
>it's an even though the show is completely retarded it's enjoyable as fuck episode

I understand it's more or less a show for young teens, but how can this be?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-cuqqHGpRDE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

fuck, duuude.

>It's a "I skip the OP and the thread because it's all black bars bitching" episode

I fucking hate Sup Forums

>those agents are only human, and never really at any point do they "outsmart" them
>opinion
>opinion
>bait, those kiss are great actors, especially El, as well as Dustin and Will, Lucas and Mike not so much but still good
>they did have a guy in a rubber suit but they used CGI to """enhance""" it

the kids didnt outsmart aynone. the girl is just super op.

>hating popular things makes me a special snowflake

like clockwork

never change Sup Forums

/thread
Only thing i was disappointed with was that the cgi made the monster look kinda bad even though they had a whole suit and shit.

[Spoiler]it's a I want to fuck Mike episode[/spoiler]

>It's a final episode is extremely hard to watch due to the constant blinking to hide the shitty CGI and is giving me a raging headache episode

Just finished the final episode and i think i have to lay down.

>headache
Are you sitting like 1 foot from your screen or something

Should I watch it?

>having such shit genes that some flashing lights give you headaches

Yeah just binge through it, with it being only 8 hours long it feels like a really long intriguing movie

Is it self contained or will there be another season?

Most things are wrapped up in the end but there are definitely some unanswered questions as well, so there will be a next season (which has yet to be greenlit, but that's only a matter of time)

Thanks man, maybe I'll watch it.

It's self contained but i suspect they are going to make another season continuing it somehow.

Yes

>It's a libertarian hollywood monopoly is pushing their 'government is evil' agenda down everyone's throats
wake up sheeple how do we stop the libertarian chokehold of everyone's lives

Jokes on you faggots i was hating this show before it was cool.

The only valid point you have there is the shitty writing for the children's lines.

And if you seriously have trouble liking a few if not all the characters, then you have issues, case in point.

No, its garbage, and only kids who glorify the 80s will like it.
Infinite seasons confirmed, as long as people keep watching it they gonna keep making it.
And its so painfully generic that its not hard to make more either.

What I dont understand is how in the flying fuck does it has imdb rating higher than 9

its not totally bad, but it is kinda shit

because teenagers

they usually dont get it above 8

>Show set in 1983
>They talk about LOTR, which didn't come out until 18-20 years later

What the fuck were the writers thinking?

go home bibbs.

>This shit tier bait
I'll bite

>How long do you see this series running? Have you thought about future seasons?

>ROSS: We don’t know, specifically. We’re very weary of making it go on past the point it should. You want to end on a high note. That’s the goal. We’ve had initial discussions, but we haven’t quite landed on it.

>MATT: It seems hard to imagine it as a seven or eight season series. It just doesn’t feel like it could sustain that. At a certain point, it would start to feel ridiculous. And Netflix is also very supportive of that. Regardless of how successful the show is or becomes, they’ll want it to end when the story feels like it should end. I don’t think they want to milk things to the point where it starts to become stale.

They never get the irony either.

:O

the books were out before the movie

I read that they've all but confirmed a second season in which they hope to expand upon some things

There are some pretty big unanswered questions.

Just google "stranger things season 2"

this show made me want to play D&D.

I have never played it in my life but it sounds interesting at least.

>Just google "strange things spoilers"

fw every now and then i'll have the desire to try D&D
fw every time I realize that it's such an undertaking to set up

>talking about an 8 hour show without watching all of it

the fuck are you even doing here

Just saying, Sup Forums isn't very smart

When are the mods going to start deleting these shill threads

>outsmarts

They didn't outsmart shit.

If el didn't have magic powers and hopper didn't have badass powers they'd have been caught easily.

I hated it. I don't know why it's so highly praised. It didn't do anything new, all the characters were walking cliches.

Am I the only one who thought the child actors were good? I was turned off of the show when I found out it centered heavily around kids, but after actually watching, I was very pleasantly surprised.

But yeah I agree. There's nothing groundbreaking or clever about the show. Its just well-paced and comfy as fuck. I actually watched the whole thing twice in a short span of time and I never do that.

But LOTR is 100 years old

D&D is really fun if you have a good DM, bad DM no fun. DM is Dungeon Master that's the guy that creates the campaign.

You'd probably like HarmonQuest, Spencer is a fantastic DM and the players all have a lot of fun.

youtube.com/watch?v=-cuqqHGpRDE

I liked Dustin, but the other two kids got kind of annoying. Eleven was kind of annoying too, half her scenes were just her crying.

The thing that really caught me off guard was at the end when Mike's sister goes back to dating the other guy instead of Johnathan, I was almost sure she'd end up with Johnathan.

I think season 2 will be much better, they can expand on if there are any other kids with powers and delve more into the lore of the otherworld and stuff.

People complain about the child actor's lines, but I thought they catered to their inexperience pretty well.

They weren't the best but they definitely surpass like 90% of child actors these days

easily, because most of today's child actors overact.

You are an actual autistic child

dont bite
Checked

thanks for the vid. im actually enjoying this.

no problem, there's 10 episodes but the rest are on seeso, or you can pirate them.

/stg/ NIGHT edition at 7:30

Prepare your El.