ITT: This thread is about the exponential rate at which technology is advancing

ITT: This thread is about the exponential rate at which technology is advancing.

Things you'll see in your lifetime.
>Holographic face computers.
>Radical life extension.
>Synthetic custom bodies.
>Custom personal matrixes.
>The complete automation of everything, including your job.
>Lot's of other cool shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

kurzweilai.net/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technological_singularity
youtube.com/watch?v=jizq2Pt1fA8
news.com.au/technology/science/space/dutch-researchers-are-learning-how-to-grow-food-on-mars-and-the-moon/news-story/ae53eea050e5f1ba90a7b962f596b8fa
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

kurzweilai.net/

>The Singularity is near.

Are there no other singulatarians on Sup Forums? Am i the only one?

Perfect futa simulators
Never need the touch of a woman again

You won't have to wait as long as you might think. Technology is advancing faster than people realize.

Naw. I'm here. We just don't speak of it. Underlore.com :)

I'm going to sound like an idiot, but what's that?

We should speak of it... Although no one believes me when i do. We should still try to warn people. Future technology is gonna really alarm people if they are not prepared.

You don't sound like an idiot.

Here, educate yourself.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technological_singularity

Bump because technology is cool, and i like to talk about it.

>>Radical life extension.
LOLNO!

You'll get thoroughly artificial food. Maybe a new type of protein bean.

In any case, it'll make masses of people sickly, all weak with pot belies. Women who will actually still eat a ton will be landwhales that have way smaller tits than today's normal weight women.

Pic a little related, yet very unrelated.

Life is a simulation, we call the programmer "god" we are artificial intelligence living inside a program. The laws of physics here may not even be the same outside of this simulation

Fucking disgusting! Just make good phaloplasties! And resort to legal creativity to hook up that surgery to females that aren't even gender dysphoric. They can temporarily go on very weak steroids to build up muscle, and then drop back to a fully feminine body after it's done.

Dude. What the shit are you talking about? Also, yes.

youtube.com/watch?v=jizq2Pt1fA8

We are already in the beginning stages of this technology. There are many pathways to immortality. This is just one.

bamp

I don't know waht you are talking about.

we are in a very extreme race against time, our technology very likely cannot keep pace at the rate we are attempting to destroy the living beings on this planet including ourselves...will we make it in time? not sure. we are in the infant stages of being able to explore deep space, it's hard to say if we reverse the deadly path we've chosen. one thing is certain, life needs to function sustainably here for it to be even a remote possibilty to do the impossible.

Keep dreaming, devout subscriber!

Sure, they're conceivable, imaginable - technologies that will be nice to you. But they won't happen. Radical technologies need huge investments to develop.

People with the resources and power to develop technologies are all about having power and seizing control of resources. Therefor, what will be developed further and further is tools for ever higher levels of serf management.

That's not true. Even if a catastrophic event happens, and the earth was unlivable. A lot of people would find a way to survive, and technology will keep marching forward, just as it always has. It would be nice though, if we could just stop fucking up the planet, so we could all make it to the singularity.

Penises!

TRANS RIGHTS NOW!

That means, good functioning peninses for transmen!

(and whoops, it'll be just so too bad if people don't notice us slipping those onto normal women!)

When I was in highschool, this exec from IBM who went to the same school came in and did a talk to our IT class.

At the end of the talk, there was 40 minutes left for discussion, but none of the other retards in the class could appreciate or care for what this guy had to say.

So I ended up essentially having a one on one interview with him in front of the class, being the only one interested and asking questions.

We got into a great discussion, and it went for over an hour - just him and me. I ended up steering the conversation towards the most exciting things he'd seen, and what he's most excited about.

He said that most of that stuff was secret and classified, but I managed to talk him into discussing it. He mentioned:

>holographic technology in IBM labs
>anti-gravity tech in greenfields development (specifically electrogravitics)
>autonomous cars, drones and transport devices
>smart city technology
>heaps of other cool things like retina scanning from 200 yards away, freezing things to absolute zero, and microwave weapons

The IT teachers used to hate me because I'd use nettools to spam messages across computers about classmates "having AIDS" and shit like that, but afterwards they liked me. I got 90% on my final year exam which I was too sick to attend, because the teacher said it's "what I probably would have got". Was a great day.

Also, this was in 2011.

This argument is so overused and just erroneous. in 1960 no one would have ever imaged that a computer could be used by the masses because they costed millions of dollars, now we all have one in our pocket.

you're quite foolish to assume that, we are in uncharted waters. it's true the planet has an enormous ability to heal itself, yet it's hard to say what lifeforms will be left after such an event and that would seem to be very likely not to include humanity.

What an interesting story. Thanks for sharing. I'm so excited about autonomous cars taking over.

It's not just gonna happen over night. If we can survive on the moon (which we have) than we can find a way to survive on a dying earth.

technology contains itself, people never realize that, the most dangerous thing we'll ever invent is nuclear weapons and we've been able to wrangle that in for the most part, AI can't destroy the world because we don't want it to, it's that simple, if we accidentally create one evil ai we'll just create a million more to contain it, same with robots, it's 50/50 except for our will tipping the scales, people need to relax

And it's still hardly been used by the masses. They sell you what they want to with the computer. They generally do things which don't serve you; on the whole, the a user's whole package of software has does a disservice.

And more and more, people are not even having control of their own computers, and not even having most of their computer with them.

And they're even working to make actually using your computer yourself illegal. Like the british government again feeling empowered to ban encryption and the like.

Humans will survive artificial super inelegance because we will be just as smart as they are, because the human brain is a biological machine. Machines can be reverse engineered. They can be rebuilt. They can be upgraded.

do you want to know why we haven't been back to the moon? i get it you have this contrieved notion of simplicity, things are magnitudes more complicated than you're making them out to be

>lunar soil

My grandmother is nearly 100 years old, 100 years ago the life expectancy world wide was 31.

3 years ago it was over 70.

That's pretty radical, but it happened before my lifetime.

Computers will not automate my job within my lifetime.

>lunar soil
news.com.au/technology/science/space/dutch-researchers-are-learning-how-to-grow-food-on-mars-and-the-moon/news-story/ae53eea050e5f1ba90a7b962f596b8fa

Your just a silly person if you think the worlds billionaires are not gonna pay the worlds scientists and engineers all of there money so they don't have to die, and you are even sillier if you think that it is an impossible task.

you've got all the answers, i bow to your superior knowledge

>facepalm.jpg

Dude. You are just a dumb idiot. Go away.

>implying most billionaires aren't just simply attempting to resolve the current planet they reside on issues, rather than reinventing the wheel which again is extremely harder than you imagine it to be

see

okay.jpg

Yes they will.

No they won't.

Hahaha, you're assuming that technological advancements are exponential when in reality it's people's stupidity.

If you are under the age of like 60 and you live a normal life span than yes they will. I'm pretty sure a super intelligent machine can figure out your job dude.

I am from somewhere close to 100 years from now. I traveled to this time to live out the rest of my life. I assumed the identity of a relative that died at birth. And i can tell you in 100 years no body will believe how advanced technology has become. But this time now is the greatest time in history to be alive to me. I had a phone from the future that my mom added credits to i used to be able to talk to her from the future as she currently as not been born yet. It stopped working last month so i assume she is dead now or something has happen to he system and or my phone. i would love to be able to talk to her again i miss her allot and if you dont reply to this post your mother will die in her sleep tonight. Ive been trying to find other time travelers. My cousin John came to visit once that was pretty cool he left me a care package from the future. A radio that picked up signals from the future and some molecular enhanced veggies and seeds Ive been growing them for a while.

fuk u

Ok then let's just say if by any chance my job becomes automated, human kind will go extinct within a week.

I love my mom too Mr time traveler. I don't want her to die. I agree that this is a really exciting time to be alive. The most exciting so far i'm sure.

Why do you say that?

ass

I'm responsible for a lot of things that goes into automating YOUR (and other people's) job.

Basically you'd have a skynet AI that would learn to hack the planet within seconds and detonate all nuclear bombs and facilities or some crazy shit.

Why are people so fucking sure that the AI will want to take over? There is no reason to think that other than watching too many god damn movies.

Leave conspitard

Why do you believe automation is good again? Your still gonna have to pay taxes

You think that if 98% of people lose there jobs to technology that we won't come up with some way to continue to exist? We will fucking figure something out. I don't know what that something is, but i do know that most if not all jobs will be lost, and i know that we will have no choice but to come up with a solution. This is why people are testing out universal basic income in some places. It is one way around this problem. You are also forgetting how much easier life will be for everyone when every task can be automated.

We will tax the robots and live off the free money.

Subtle