What are the most honorless betrayals in sports?

What are the most honorless betrayals in sports?

Other urls found in this thread:

sbnation.com/college-football/2014/1/9/5288648/bobby-petrino-louisville-scandal-timeline
youtu.be/Xrm0chFtd_I
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Your mother last night.

random twats are legit sources now?

Tom Herman is getting paid, the players aren't.

Once your dumbass understands that, you'll realize how dumb you are.

>American humour

What Saban did to MSU
Steve Spurrier leaving South Carolina in the shitter in the middle of the season
Those snitches in Miami who got everyone busted
Joe Paterno betraying the trust of those children

what a snake

>welsh physique

Money talks

most recently, PiguaĆ­n

>Joe Paterno betraying the trust of those children

Bobby Petrino

There is no pride in stealing talent. Fuck Texas

This guy. Was for the best that he left before his boozing got out of control and Coach Pete is way better. He was a fucking snake though and said on the radio that he wasn't leaving and then left the next day

He does a lot of walking

desu

Yep, have you read a newspaper article in the last decade?

All you have to do is claim an anonymous source and you can print anything as fact.

every damn year this same shit happens

Fuck Herman

I still have no idea what is going on in this gif and why it is so bad.

Bill Belichek resigning the Jets job the same day he was hired, literally during his intro press conference, to go to the rival Jets. Parcells spent years grooming him to take over for him, and he bailed.

But nobody expects honor from Bill, he's a cheating scumbag through and through.

>taking a job is betrayal
Who gives a fuck what he said to the players. If they had any idea of all the talk surrounding their coach, they would know not to trust anything he says about the situation.

Gerrard never winning a title for liverpool or their fans

Fucking this. This guy is scum trash in human form:

sbnation.com/college-football/2014/1/9/5288648/bobby-petrino-louisville-scandal-timeline

He didn't leave them last night. He left them today idiot.

>Parcells spent years grooming him to take over for him, and he bailed.
not quite. parcells still wanted a factor of control in the Jets, so they kept him on. Belichick wanted to get out from under his shadow

The underarm bowling incident of 1981 took place on 1 February 1981, when Australia played New Zealand in a One Day International cricket match, the third of five such matches in the final of the Benson & Hedges World Series Cup, at the Melbourne Cricket Ground.[1] With one ball of the final over remaining, New Zealand required a six to tie the match. To ensure that New Zealand did not get the runs they needed, the Australian captain, Greg Chappell, instructed his bowler (and younger brother), Trevor Chappell, to deliver the last ball underarm, along the ground. This action was legal at the time, but nevertheless seen as being against the spirit of cricketing fair play.

As the ball was being bowled, Ian Chappell (older brother of Greg and Trevor, and a former Australian captain), who was commentating on the match, was heard to call out "No, Greg, no, you can't do that"[9] in an instinctive reaction to the incident, and he remained critical in a later newspaper article on the incident.[citation needed]

Australia won the game. The New Zealand batsmen walked off in disgust, McKechnie throwing his bat to the ground in frustration. The New Zealand captain, Geoff Howarth, ran onto the field to plead with the umpires. Howarth believed underarm bowling to be illegal, as per the rules in the English tournaments.

After the incident, the then Prime Minister of New Zealand, Robert Muldoon, described it as "the most disgusting incident I can recall in the history of cricket",[10] going on to say that "it was an act of true cowardice and I consider it appropriate that the Australian team were wearing yellow".[11] Even the Australian Prime Minister, Malcolm Fraser, called the act "contrary to the traditions of the game."[10]

>tell a person one thing
>do the opposite literally less than a week later

How is this not some kind of betrayal? Its gutless as shit.

What a horrible worded sentence.

Didn't Bobby Petrino leave the Atlanta Falcons a post-it note in their locker room that he had left them for another job?

Because its a business. At the time, he wasn't leaving Houston. He only made up his mind the next day when he was offered.

I can understand its a cowardly thing, but why is it Cowardly?

Cool. Maybe he should have told the team that when Parcells left and not accepted the job instead of blindsiding them at the press conference and scrawling a 1-sentence resignation letter on a piece of scrap paper.

But again, nobody expects common courtesy from Bill. It's just who he is, a complete asshole and sociopath

>told the players right at their eyes
Jesus, was this run through Google Translate or something?

He did - later to get in a wreck on his motorcycle with who is identified as a mistress.

>At the time, he wasn't leaving Houston
Do you unironically think he wasn't considering leaving once they lost against SMU?

the players betrayed Tom Herman by losing to Memphis. they don't deserve to have him as a coach.

I only halfway understand cricket, why didn't the batsman just hit the rolling ball anyway and run and try to score?

college coaches lie to kids for a living

He needed a sixer/home run. Would've been impossible to hit it out while the ball was rolling flat on the ground

95% of the time this is brought up by Australians who think they've got some sort of cross to bear over the incident. You'd be surprised how little this is ever discussed.

Its a business, but that doesnt mean you flat out lie like a scumbag you fedorable soulless autist

That was contingent on Leon Hess. Once he passed & Woody Johnson bought the team, all bets were off.

I thought that in cricket you get to keep batting until you make an out or whatever its called?

>Kyle Allen butthurt because his coach betrayed him
serves the little faggot right for bailing on A&M the week before the fucking bowl game.

nope, a 'One Day' match has a fixed number of overs/innings before it finishes. NZ needed 6 runs off 1 ball.

How autistic are you?

This guy blatantly lied to a team of guys who put their bodies on the line every single day just so he can get even richer than he already is.

Almost as spineless as Petrino or Brian Kelly

Who will Houston hire?

well maybe they should have scored more points earlier

thats like complaining about a basketball team fouling a player in the last seconds when winning by 3 points so their opponents only can score 2 points off the free throws

seems like a legitimate defensive strategy in the late game to me

yeah but cricket isn't infested with dishonest niggers, its a gentlemen's sport played by REAL countries

might as well put the ball on a tee for the batters then if you expect the pitcher to just lob it in there because the other team needs a home run to tie

Fuck tommy tubberville and fuck auburn

Charlie Strong

We don't drop the A-bomb on Kyoto and those dirty Japs turn around and create anime.

>its a gentlemen's sport played by REAL countries
>REAL countries

Like India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, and Zimbabwe

Top fucking kek

>India
>Pakistan
>Middle Earth
>real countries

I don't agree with this

>This guy blatantly lied to a team of guys who put their bodies on the line every single day just so he can get even richer than he already is.

Hate to break it to you, but the players have their own motivations for playing football in college. They aren't doing it to make their coach money, don't be silly.

>Almost as spineless

I agree it's not exactly a classy move, but it isn't spineless. I'm pretty sure the AD at Texas told him to keep it quiet.

>americans confused by having to play a sport against other countries instead of just crowning yourself best in the world

Honestly, other than you guys, England and NZ, that looks like a list of the poorest/dirtiest/shittiest countries on Earth. It's fucking laughable.

Wake us when a real country that actually has functioning toilets joins the three of you

Brian Kelly did the same to Cincinnati before going to Notre Dame, shortly before their bowl game versus Florida. Bailed just in time on that one to not be part of the blowout loss.

nice """""""""team""""""""""" you have there......

>doing backroom dealings and lying through your fucking teeth to your team isn't spineless

leafposting defined

All our sports but football are played by more real countries than cricket is

Welcome to the real world, kid. I hope all that honor and integrity you have keeps you warm at night

A letter, rather. Still was half assed.

youtu.be/Xrm0chFtd_I

Most people in this country (other than the streetshitters in Brampton) doesn't even know what cricket is

Welcome to the world of being diagnosed with Asperger's, fuckface

>no empathy, destruction, blackness, like my soul!

>Welcome to the world of being diagnosed with Asperger's

Lol do you even know what Asperger's is?

>fuckface

Is fanboi made his coach left his team? Grow up.

what did he mean by this

>Middle Earth

Looks to me like an average demographic of Toronto

LMAO. Anybody who hires him deserves it at this point.

Any "american" that roots against the Dallas Cowboys

Don't forget Petrino's mistress was getting married to some schmuck.

Trolling the wedding registry page with Sup Forums was funny as hell.

Does anyone else have the feeling that Herman is going to be another Lane Kiffin?

Sol Campbell

>hometown hero
>promised the fans he wasn't going to leave
>gave an interview repeating, again, that he wasn't going to leave just days before his contract expired
>contract expires
>he leaves for their rivals

Can't think of anything in any major sport that tops it. It was fucking bizarre. Of all the places he could have left for...