S/fur

s/fur
Why do video games suck so much?
It's laughably easy to make unique, easily creatable ideas for video games but every company just dumps ever increasing amounts of resources into rehashing the same boring concepts, and because graphics is everything nowadays I can't even play anything because whatever computer I have, the new games (i.e. haven't been outed as shit yet) will require a better computer than mine.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Cl-_-OB5PX0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's not them, it's you.

Yepper.

my friend signed me up to staff mff and I'm kinda scared cuz I've never been to a con before

just play japanese games or older shit

Because unique ideas don't guarantee sales. Even if a generic shooter #5834 sucks, if it's made with AAA budget and accompanying marketing campaign it's practically guaranteed to at least make most of the money spent on it back.

Japanese games are even more generic.

It seems all the innovative games are indie, and then they get a bad rap due to their fanbase, though otherwise being a great game. Yes I'm looking at you, Undertale.

I have a good pc, don't know what games to play.

I wish I had my own personal code monkey
I can program independent modules pretty well, but I hate trying get things to work nicely with APIs.

CEMU 1.7.4 comes out tomorrow. supposed to fix the majority of issues with zelda BotW and make it playable

Breath of the Wild is an 11/10 masterpiece.

Great games still happen, its just cheaper to create mainstream games, so the market is saturated with a lot of shit in addition to the really good stuff. You have to weed through tons of inferior. worthless shit to find the gems.

youtube.com/watch?v=Cl-_-OB5PX0
What's your favourite?

hello

None.

I notice that the four corner symbols on the South Korean flag can be interpreted as numbers, since there's a number system (forget which) that uses stacks of lines and broken lines to count.

But is it actually supposed to be interpreted as numbers?

No.

because women play them now

> It's laughably easy to make games
Nigger what? Do you know anything about developing?

you just have to make a map and add some magic gameplay

xd

The same reason most movies are shit today. AAA games are huge business, they cost a ton of money, so they need to sell huge numbers to make a profit, and big name debs are all public companies now, so they're all about making money for the shareholders. Therefore, they tend to take few risks and crank out the same formulaic bullshit because idiots will buy it.

Also, yiff in hell, furfags!

Good ideas, not games.
But compared to what modern game companies put themselves through, such ideas could be trivial to create, so why not gamble on them?
I should try join a 48 hour game jam maybe, it'd be fun! Especially if LAN games were allowed.

Because it's safe, economically speaking.

You might consider it shit, but you gotta think about demographics. Game companies do. And the shit they make usually ends up being a "safe bet" on a return on investment.

More unique games are a riskier bet. Might be a hit, might be a flop.

They're running a business here, remember.

While I'll admit this comic is hot, I still don't think forcing a woman to suck and/or fuck you in exchange for theft of valuables. There are other ways that don't result in her humiliation. That's just me though, I guess. Love the art.

homo

When you're a game company with hundreds of employees, is something that would take a few people a week really that hard?

Never said I wouldn't fuck her ever.
I just wouldn't do it under these circumstances.

yeah, homo

If it's so easy, then you should make a shitty game demo that nobody will play and update us on it's progress via 9000 twitter updates that nobody will read

i'm trying to say you suck

Well, depends what you mean. A whole game? Maybe, depends how big the game is. Fix an issue in an existing game? Depends on tons of stuff, time and resources most importantly. These people aren't usually just sitting on their laurels. They've got schedules, they've got shit to do, and it might be like asking them to make up a week out of thin air.

Scheduling a time for people to work on a side project is the company's responsibility.
I guess big companies may be inflexible though; kind of like how VALVe is bigger than ever, and yet only does one thing now.

Where do you find those?

genie is nigger

Budget? I dunno

Not every unique idea is good.
Not every good idea sells.
The huge budgets necessary to make modern games make companies be unwilling to make risks. It's sometimes more profitable to shit out a garbage game and then dump a few million in promotion to reach to people who can't tell a difference between a good and a bad game.

Dammit user, now I have a Kobold fetish.