Best solo career

>Best solo career
>wrote some of the Beatles' earliest hits
>strategically wrote few enough songs as part of the group so that all of them ended up being great instead of just passable
>got number 1 hits just to prove he could do it but otherwise didn't really fucking care
>actually translated his activism into action unlike some other pretentious fuck who played guitar for the Beatles and talked a lot

Why was George so based?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1XTYXEpeEYA
youtube.com/watch?v=usGObvP42GM
youtube.com/watch?v=3XFfUt7HQWM
mega.nz/#!2YBGAT7C!MdRnIx4gw02Fzeq5lv0ymFzd5Qq7HyTGImpTWDANbpw
youtube.com/watch?v=kWFehaQEMYI
youtube.com/watch?v=dZFGcUU9pY4
mega.nz/#!BggihBCB!GqZ1QOuj1bQIl4WWbSALh9xRkG4PCKRMTUy6UZkF7_E
youtube.com/watch?v=mv-NczoS8Ag
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Best solo career (not even close)
>never wrote a lousy song while in the Beatles, and was still very consistent through the early 80s
>wrote #1 hits in his sleep
>actually translated his activism into action unlike some other pretentious fuck who played guitar for the Beatles and talked a lot

>First member to have a successful solo career out of the group
>Underappreciated
>Alive

Ringo is Sup Forums

>>never wrote a lousy song while in the Beatles

you realize how often Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da features on "worst songs of all times" lists? It's up there with fucking Phil Collins compositions

>taking click bait "critical" lists seriously

When did Paul ever promote anything besides veganism?

George was very interested in the main role of the first part of director Alejandro Jodorowsky's movie Holy Mountain, but was not willing to show his anus to the camera - Jodorowsky of course realized that having the beatle play a big role would make his movie huge, but being actually based INSISTED that actor's anus must be shown and denied Harrison the role

checkmate George fans

I always say this OP. Paul is probably the best singer, but George had some very cool solo shit. His whole first album after The Beatles were songs that he wrote that didn't make the cut for the group albums. youtube.com/watch?v=1XTYXEpeEYA related

He also gave sizable donations to causes to remove old landmines from problem areas, but his animal rights activity is very impressive (even though I personally still love to eat meat)

Paul's Ram is easily the best post-Beatle album, but All Things Must Pass certainly shows that George was held back

yes Ram is legendary

youtube.com/watch?v=usGObvP42GM

Sounds like a Segal song or something. Way ahead of his time

Stop this meme

George and Ringo are BEST Beatles!

Paul's voice is basically a force of fucking nature, but George was a great singer in his own right (favorite George track coming through)

youtube.com/watch?v=3XFfUt7HQWM

it's a shame that Ram was so critically panned when it came out because critics were all just being whiny since at the time they thought it was Paul's fault that the Beatles broke up

uhm no sweetie. ATMP is better. if Ram didn't have linda's screeching it would be better

He didn't write the Beatle's earliest hits, the first song he wrote for them was Don't Bother Me in 1963, which wasn't even a single. He didn't write another song for them until 1965, and he didn't write an actual hit song for them until 1969 when he wrote "Something".

Not that it really matters though because even if he didn't write the hits he still wrote some great songs.

>triggered

This and Ram are miles better than All Things Must Pass

This whole fucking album is so god damn good

cucked by clapton

I mean, it's not a competition. They're all 9+/10 albums. I like ATMP the most though. It's like the soundtrack of heaven. And I'm saying this as someone whose favorite Beatle is Paul by a mile

>Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da
Eat shit. I saw Paul live last year, and that song is fun as hell

Not him, but I sincerely think ATMP is a very close contestant against Band on the Run. Very different sounds though to be honest

Probably deserved it, didn't George fuck Ringo's wife?

Even John was fucking disgusted at George

Ob-La-Di Ob-La-Da is totally ok and "Life Goes On Brah" is a more a better sentiment to live your life by than anything written by any other Beatle.

Almost none of those things are true.

It's my fucking dream to see Paul live but no prominent artists ever come to Pittsburgh

PLEASE COME PAUL IT'S A NICE CITY

IF YOU CAN GO TO PHILLY YOU CAN COME HERE

You might've gotten dubs but Don't Bother Me is GOAT!

That sucks, I've seen him twice and I'm seeing him again in July. I would kill to have a time machine and see him back in the 70s.

This seems like a good place to post this.
Hey guys I spent about 150 hours putting together 5 "Lost Albums" out of Beatles bootlegs and rarities to make them feel more singular rather than random throwaway tracks. Lot of love went into this. Enjoy!

mega.nz/#!2YBGAT7C!MdRnIx4gw02Fzeq5lv0ymFzd5Qq7HyTGImpTWDANbpw

All I remember off this album are Jet and Band on the Run, which are obviously incredible songs, but I can remember basically every song off of ATMP

jesus christ captcha is being a motherfucker today how many fucking times do I have to click a gas station

If you honestly believe this you need to look closer at the lyricism and overall musical structure of each song

I Saw him in Hershey, I thought Pittsburgh gets a few good artists. I'm going to see U2 and Tom petty this June.

Billy Joel did come last summer so there are some brief respites from living in this boring ass city

James Taylor is coming in July too so I guess I should count my blessings

Listen to the album Band on the Run with headphones next time. All Things Must Pass is nice, I love the songwriting, but the production is shit and it doesn't feel like each song got the attention is deserved. Band of the Run is a far deeper album musically, but not lyrically.

Wew work on your memory lad, youre to young for dementia

youtube.com/watch?v=kWFehaQEMYI

>Wrote some of the Beatles earliest hits
Wtf are you talking about? He hardly wrote any songs on their first several albums.
>Best solo career
No. John and Paul both better sorry. All Things Must Pass is great. But overall, John and Paul both have better solo careers imo. It goes Paul then John then George IMO.
Ob-la-di, ob-la-da is great. Most musicians go most of their lives without writing a tune that good.
Yep

he really didnt

Best song on the album probably. Such powerful singing.

Phil Collins is great though. He actually played on one of George's solo albums.

I would see him in July but will be out of town and can't go. God damn it.

Georgefags are the worst.

At least George had talent. Ringofags are scum

not as bad as Johnfags and ironic Ringofags though (I have to assume they're being ironic I genuinely don't understand how there can be genuine Ringofags)

Phil is hit or miss, but he's been such a punching bag in the music industry that it's probably time to stop hating him

His huge success was probably just as surprising to him as it was to everyone else since he was a balding drummer generally nondescript manlet

That part at 4:23 where his voice trails off is my favorite part

1. John, though not by a huge margin
2. Not even remotely true
3-4. Don't think either of these things were intentional, plus half his songs were forgettable
5. This is true

Paul's shows are great if a bit corny. I prefer his live versions of Band on the Run songs, though. Still great.

What I find interesting about Paul's singing is that he's not a great singer technically, just a good one, but his voice has so much emotion it's ridiculous.

How his Paul not a great singer in a technical sense though? I don't know much about singing so I'm genuinely asking

The dude's range seems otherworldly, he hits C5s with ease

youtube.com/watch?v=dZFGcUU9pY4

True. George was the #3 Beatle and an honorary poointheloo. No shame in that. He wrote some great songs. But he was by no means #1. Too many people try to put him as their #1 just to seem "deep".

Yeah, I've always had sympathy for him because he seemed like an average bloke doing his best in a prog band and doing it pretty damn well until his life started unraveling. I wouldn't call any of his hits bad though, just some dull and uninspiring stuff at worst.

Don't get why Sussudio is so laughed at, it's just a fun lighthearted ripoff of 1999. You'll Be In My Heart is admittedly cringeworthy but it touched a lot of middle aged housewives, and if you can bring music to new demographics then more power to you.

Come on dude, the're not as bad as Johnfags who try to suggest John's singing was better than Paul's

We can only pretend that screaming is good or even unique singing for so long

Not a Johnfag but I do find his singing to be exhilerating.

(You should consider cutting down on your meat consumption. You really won't miss it as much as you think you will. Like you might not miss it at all even if you think you will.)

I've thought about it, but I don't know if I want to make such a radical adjustment in my diet really soon.

Yeah that part is tight

>Paul wrote to the Dalai Lama to ask him why he wasn't a vegetarian
>Dalai Lama wrote back saying that his doctors told him he had to to keep up his health
>Paul wrote back basically to contradict his doctors and tell him to get protein elsewhere

does Paul mean to come off as a prick or does it just kind of happen

I've thought of giving up just beef, at least.

>Ringo voted for Brexit

that's gotta earn him some points

sounds like Paul was leaning toward Brexit too but didn't get a chance to vote at all

He's got a great range but he doesn't vary around much during songs. Not a bad thing, but he doesn't really vary during a song, more of between songs.

>(You should consider cutting down on your vegetable consumption. You really won't miss it as much as you think you will. Like you might not miss it at all even if you think you will.)

That is kind of dumb, but hey I'd listen to Paul before I listen to a Chinese doctor.

Not trying to be pushy but it's really not that radical of a change. Thought it would be hard, but after a couple days it's basically effortless. Veganism is a slightly bigger adjustment, because not every restaurant has good vegan options, and it's just a more restrictive diet in general. But even veganism wasn't that hard of an adjustment (for me at least). Maybe 2 weeks before it became totally second nature. Especially if you live in a big city. I definitely recommend vegetarianism on whatever level you're comfortable with, if any at all (ovo-lacto, pescatarian, vegan, whatever). It's actually really cool because you'll be introduced to a bunch of foods that you likely wouldn't have tried otherwise. Honestly it's kind of like getting into new kinds of music in that you will suddenly appreciate a new thing that you had never tried before, or were perhaps completely ignorant of before. Plus, just from an animal rights perspective, I think it's a good thing to do.

I get it, but I love cheeseburgers and gryos so goddamn much. I don't know if I could ever go vegan, because cheese is my absolute favorite kind of food.

Can we keep this thread about music/Beatles please...

The most underrated Beatles-related album imo

Thank you
I agree it's underrated. Critics were very unfair to Paul in the 70s

You should do it. Honestly, I think it's easier to just give up all meat because then I'm less likely to "slip up". The way cows are treated by the meat and dairy industries is really sad and disgusting. Not going to go into too much unwarranted detail or be too much of a self-righteous prick, but you can look up videos online if you're curious.

Giving up beef is a good compromise, try pork/bacon next if you're up to it. Pigs are also treated fucking abysmally in the meat industry

Bumping with more superior solo Macca.

This worth a download?

>Plus, just from an animal rights perspective, I think it's a good thing to do
Let's be honest here, that's the only relevant reason

Humans evolved to hunt, kill, and consume animals. Your perverse moral constructs derived and diluted from some fantastical Buddho-Judaic vision don't change that fact.

yeah

not big on the beatles, but want to say thank you and good job on the effort - perhaps you can speak to how each album is organized?

>strategically wrote few enough songs as part of the group so that all of them ended up being great instead of just passable

actually the beatles as a group decided what and wasn't approved, the reason his songs with them are so strong is because the rest of the group only accepted the god tier ones and vetoed the passable ones, because of lennon/mccartney (and ringos) control.

this is probably going to sound self righteous and hypocritical since fundamentally it's still eating another living creature, but is any animal that you eat treated relatively humanely before slaughter? I was thinking of sticking to purely turkey from now on for mostly health reasons.

Flaming Pie is his best album post-McCartney II (1980). It's debatable that either Electric Arguments or Chaos & Creation is better, but I personally think this is the best of that bunch.

Yeah, cheeseburgers and gyros are tasty. Still, if you consider unnecessary suffering to be bad, and take a little time to learn about how cows and other farm animals suffer in the meat/dairy/egg industry, then the the moral argument for vegetarianism becomes too strong to ignore. And for what it's worth, most people who are vegetarian or vegan at one point thought they "liked [x] too much to give up."

Sweet I will. Never heard it but I've seen it a few times around the net.
I'm glad you asked haha. Well it's kind of like a head-canon fan-project so I'll describe them with no regard for how faggy it sounds.

Strawberry Fields is done from outtakes of the Rubber Soul and Sgt. Pepper sessions. It's the most cohesive as an album, and it should feel like a companion album of their psychedelic era. Road to Rishikesh is done with all acoustic versions of real songs, with a few diddies that never made any albums. I cut up snippets of them playing and meditating in India with some bird noises so it should feel like an album that can be sung in Rishikesh or literally on the road to Rishikesh. Companion album of the White Album/Indian mysticism era.

Get Back is like a companion album of the Let it Be era with outtakes from the Get Back sessions. The most simple album concept of the lot, which was their intent at the time. Back to basics and such.

And finally, Monkey Business #1 and #2, my pride and joy. These were outrageously fun to make. Basically the concept is George Martin slowly losing control of a Beatles recording session. Outtakes from all over the place, which was what I wanted, a sort of time-travel feel. There are a lot of skits cut up from studio talk that really illustrates how funny the lads were.

Okay that's my spiel. I could talk about this thing all day, it's my greatest creative achievement.

All I thought after watching that one Paul McCartney PETA video touring the slaughterhouses was "damn, I want bacon"

Stop being such a cuck, and start stepping over inferior beings instead of falling victim to negative feelings.

Humans didn't evolve "to do" anything. Humans evolved due to random mutations which were passed down due to natural selection. To say they evolved "in order to do something" is to imply that there was a designer behind evolution, which I disagree with though you're entitled to your opinion. And yes, animal rights is the main reason, though there are others. Some find it physically disgusting (as in "icky") to eat an animal corpse.

>people who discount Ringo's contributions to the band
>they forget that he quit the Beatles first for a while they were making Abbey Road and fucked off to Sardinia to chill with his wife and kids
>Paul George and John sent him a telegram begging him to come back to the group

Please don't do this here guys. Exchange emails and argue there if you want. This is about music and beatles

damn

right on my man - always love me a work of passion - in exchange, here's a mixtape I made bout a year back (theme is flying to a distant country or something):
>Various Artists - Thank You For Choosing
mega.nz/#!BggihBCB!GqZ1QOuj1bQIl4WWbSALh9xRkG4PCKRMTUy6UZkF7_E

let me know if its the single file version (if so ill post with tracklist)

Bumping with more underrated McCartney material. This is the only official concert movie featuring Wings, Rockshow. Anyone who is even a fair weather McCartney fan should watch this. This might be him at his absolute peak.

youtube.com/watch?v=mv-NczoS8Ag

To me the "it's okay to kill an animal that lives a happy life" argument doesn't make much sense, though you're entitled to your own opinion and maybe you see things differently. Yes, the biggest issue is the fact that farm animals live through a hellish existence of constant pain and discomfort. At that point, their death is the only form of mercy they ever meet. But if an animal is truly happy, then why would you want to kill it? Wouldn't you rather let it keep on living?

And yeah, a diet where you abstain from meat other than turkey can definitely be healthy, and since, I assume, it would lead to you cutting down on overall meat consumption, I would support it. If you want to cut out everything except turkey, I would support it. It's not realistic to ask everyone to become religiously vegan. Much more realistic to encourage people to cut down on meat wherever they feel comfortable doing so.

Yeah it's all in 1 file. Can you chop it up perhaps? Otherwise I can do it in iTunes if you post the tracklist.

Also thanks to those who recommended Flaming Pie. This is surprisingly good considering how late in life this was

This is fucking great

I mean, maybe there's a farm out there that raises animals in a way that I would consider humane, but I would not trust any farm to raise animals humanely. And there's really no way to know I that the meat you're eating comes from such a farm. They'resinesses. Profits come first, and "free-range" is usually still really shitty conditions.

dude, this is really cool. Thank you for this.

Why do you insist on taking energy from plant matter that other organisms could consume instead of peacefully ending your life and allowing your body to decompose and grow new life? Your existence is incredibly damaging to the ecosystem. Let's be honest, even as a conscientious human, you're still disrupting the ecosystem more than any other organism on Earth.

Fuck yeah, Im going to watch this now

You're welcome friendo. I'm thrilled anytime someone other than me downloads/listens to these. I spent more energy on this project than any other in my life, which is probably a bad thing, but hey I love the Beatles. It's such a shame most of these songs weren't properly fleshed out and recorded. The lads had creative juice to go another decade had they wanted to.

yep thought so - so im uploadeing the cut up version at the moment, but taking a while so heres track list + time:
1. Yoshinori Sunahara - Theme from Take Off [2:47]
2. Stan Kenton and his Orchestra - The Peanut Vendor [4:29]
3. Jim O'orourke - Something Big [3:01]
4. Stan Gets - The Girl From Ipanema [2:45]
5. Ichiko Hashimoto - Cinammon and Clove [2:34]
6. Tatsuhiko Asano - The Yellow Giant [2:37]
7. Daisuke Tobari - Untitled #5 (from Guitar) [3:16]
8. Amos and Sara - Urge to Cha-Cha [4:53]
9. Os Mutantes - Minha Menina [4:39]
10. Kim Jung Mi - Ga Na Da Ra Ma Ba [2:59]
11. Traffic Sound - Suavecito [3:00]
12. Orchestre Super Jheevs Des Paillotes - Ye Nan Lon An [3:00]
13. Can - Bel Air [20:04]
14. Yoshinori Sunahara - Theme from Landing [3:34]

if thread still up when i get back ill put in the cut up track link

Super, thanks brother. I'll have the thread open incase you're back later.

do we want this?

It's funny decision, he basically said that the EU didn't bring peace to the world so it should be terminated. Ringo is really stupid sometimes.

The less patrician Beatle produced the most patrician of the four (Zach)

underrated