I'm on track 4 and this is really really good. All 4 first tracks are 10/10...

I'm on track 4 and this is really really good. All 4 first tracks are 10/10. This sounds like a really different and a lot more mature than their other albums. Really good work...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RTwna0gYQow
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Cassius is 10/10
opinion disregarded

also stop spamming this

I don't know. I found it beautiful..

nigga wtf cassius has the best outro in the album

I never said it was bad. Just not a 10/10 FFS. However, I just remembered Kept Woman is track 4. That song is one of if not ''the'' worst song on the album. Not a 10/10 at all.

My thoughts after first 2 listens today

It's definitely their best yet, but it also suffers from the same thing all their albums do -- they're all pretty and majestic and pleasurable to hear, but *none* of it really sticks with you. I can't really remember *any* of the songs' hooks after these listens.

Kept Woman is probably the best song on the album dude

Its really fucking good. I implore you to give it another chance

Literally how dude? I can remember quite a bit from this album.

>on another ocean
>3/5
How so? Its the best song IMO

>*none* of it really sticks with you. I can't really remember *any* of the songs' hooks after these listens.

Not even If You Need to Keep Time on Me, Fools Errand, second half of On Another Ocean or really all of Third of May? I felt like all of those melodies/sections were super strong and immediately striking.

I love the live version that Robin performed that had completely different lyrics. I cannot see how you seriously think it's one of the best on the album. The double tracking of the vocals is probably the worst mistake. Listen to this:

youtube.com/watch?v=RTwna0gYQow

I'm not that user but there is a difference between remembering a song and a song 'sticking' with you. For example I remember in my head which song is If You Need To, Keep Time on Me but it really does not stick with me tbqh.

Also, the opener is such a clusterfuck (enjoyable though) but it does not stick with me. The only part that somewhat sticks with me is the "I was a child in the ivy then" part.

Fair enough, you have the right to your opinion. Its not immediately rewarding desu. The album didn't "click" with me until like the 10th listen or so, when I took a long walk in the woods at sunset, and suddenly I appreciated it all.
Also the intro is an odd clusterfuck, but I think that adds to it. Robin Pecknold said it was supposed to sound like those shattered glass windows, so I guess he succeeded.
I implore you to give it a couple more goes, it may stick then

Intriguing. I went and started listening to the songs you guys mentioned - both so far have jumped up a level for me.

Importantly: I *really* wish these two-part songs weren't combined as they are :( the beginning of an another ocean is pretty, but the 2nd half is one of the best stretches on the album!
Even the many awesome *outros* I wish were separate interludes or even stretched out into longer pieces. I Should See Memphis is solid by itself, but that rough guitar effect at the end?! Exactly the kind of extra sonic texture I've been wanting them to add on

Pretty much

Also yes. Each segment was good (and that was the best one), but it'd just be so much easier / I think I would want to listen to them all more if they were separated. Though, to be fair, that speaks to my main point of each of their albums virtually blurring together when each song was alone - when they put THREE in one, the aural differences get quite fine, for me

Agree about the outros. They are all really good - to the point where you want more. I suspect he wanted to play with those melodies, but couldn't get a song out of them. I think they are fine where they are

Every FF release gets better than the last. Do you think LP 4 will use those textures to full effect?

1st listen

>best
i am all i need
>runner up
keep time on me
>worst
kept woman

100th listen

>best
on another ocean
>runner up
keep time on me
>worst
third of may

>>worst
>third of may
you only think this because it was a single and you listened to it to death. don't lie.

Definitely want more. Agreed they've only gotten better with each. They *need* to use that on their next album -- it makes SO much sense with the 'Crack-Up' title. Go *crazy* with the next album! Let the damn dams break!

actully i may have only listened to it maybe once or twice because i didn't care for fleet foxes and it definitely didn't leave an impression. it doesn't do anything for me aside from the outro with the gorgeous strings. and the whole narrative is a bit cheesy imo. i don't hate it, i just don't like it as much as the others. it also feels a bit out of place in the album as well, like while i'm sailing through the calm midsection pace of the album it sort of attacks you and forces you to engage

1st listen
>best
Third of May
>runner up
On Another Ocean
>worst
I Am All That I Need

Xth listen
>best
I Am All That I Need
>runner up
On Another Ocean
>worst
Keep Time On Me (still fucking great tho)

1st listen

this

call me moo-hole pigfeet. i dare you.

moo hole pigfeet

call me that again, i double daring you

moo hole pigfeet!

ohhhhhhh youuuuu rat bastard! say that again, say that one more time you little shit. i fucking dare you to say that to me one more time, call me moo hole pigfeet and see how close your money ends up to your mouth this should be good because if you call me moo hole pigfeet once more there's gonna be trouble, there's gonna be a reaction, im gonna have a reaction to what you said to me, what you called me when you called me moo hole pigfeet, oooo just the thought of u saying that to me gets my diarreah going. so say that again, i tripling dog dare you.

moo hole pig feet! oops forgot to write it in lol

What the fuck happened here

you rascal! alright, i told you i would reacht. and here is my reaction:

i did not like that

---Top Tier----
I am all that I need
Third of May
On Another Ocean
Fools errand

---Great----
Cassius
Mearcstapa
Crack-up

-Good-
Naiads cassiades
Kept Woman
If you need to keep time on me

----its ok i guess----
I should see memphis

>yfw he's only 31

This means when the Fleet Foxes s/t came out 9 years ago (on fucking Subpop by the way) he was only a 22 years old literal fucking child. Then proceded to release a second masterpiece at 26 (your current age), tour extensively, and STILL manage to graduate from an Ivy League university before putting out yet another future fucking classic and going on tour again making more shitloads of money.

You are currently on Sup Forums.

he looks like the dude from Veritasium

>not Chris Martin

$$$Elder God Tier$$$
1.I just bought my snapaback from banana republic
2. Water Bottle

$$$Local Golf Tournament Winners$$$
1. Timothy Mcloughin
3. Randal

$$$Six Rock Formations Yet to Be Discovered by Man and Most Certainly Not Stupid Wuh-Man, Man, Man, Man, Man, Man, Man, Man$$$.
1. Man
2. Man
3. Man

$$$Man$$$
1. Man
2. Man
3. Man

$$$Man$$$
1. Man
2. Man
3. Man

$$$Cleveland Shrimp Can be Found In Which River?$$$
1. The Dairy Canal
3. YOur momma's dairy canal
0. Say nothing foul bout momma dukes!

stop i already hate my fucking life

yeah and hes a fucking bitch

what fleet foxes look like now

what theyre gonna look like when theneedledrop reviews em

>tfw no cultured robinbf

I am going to show how you are a fucking dunce and your post is fucking stupid.

Firstly, he made two pretty good indie folk albums. Big fucking whoop. If you seriously think he is that prophetic then you are a fucking child.

>and STILL manage to graduate from an Ivy League university before putting out yet another future fucking classic and going on tour again making more shitloads of money.
For one, he hasn't even graduated yet, user. Secondly, you have again shown yourself to be a fatuous clot who knows nothing about what they are talking about. My brother went to Columbia for engineering. Columbia's undergrad is divided into three schools. You have Columbia College and Fu Engineering school. These are incredibly difficult to get into. Then you have the School of General Studies, which is not hard to get into lmfao. The school I went to wasn't Ivy League but it was much more difficult to get into than the school of fucking general studies. That school if for all the older students. It's as hard to get into as it is to get into NYU. That is what you are masturbating him off about. Fucking kek, user. You are a child and you should probably just stop posting while you are at it.

btw I really like Crack-Up and Robin would not like you as a person

>For one, he hasn't even graduated yet, user.
>Then you have the School of General Studies, which is not hard to get into lmfao.

All I read was that I could get into the School of General Studies and become Robin's buddy because he still studies there.

go ahead, but don't act like he's a fucking prophet and don't act like it's some great feat to go to Columbia.

A great feat is making an album like Crack-Up.

Then why are you not studying in Columbia user?

That guy was exaggerating it, but you're downplaying it too. I'll agree it's far weaker than Crack Up, but making an album like the s/t at 22 that basically standardized the conventions of an entire genre for the next decade or so is a pretty huge feat.

I mean basically no one else built off of it and it became a pretty shit genre, but that's not his fault.

I already went to college and grad school. They were better schools to be honest. I know from my brother.

I'm sure they were, I trust you and your brother

>that basically standardized the conventions of an entire genre for the next decade or so
I disagree. Maybe some tried to copy off it but they hardly replicated it.

>I mean basically no one else built off of it and it became a pretty shit genre
albums inspired by Fleet Foxes' self-titled were fucking shit to begin with. it didn't spiral down; it was bad to begin with.

I'm saying I know what Columbia is like from my brother and it's overrated. I went to what I would consider the best tech school here in the US and then went to Yale for a year for a master's. But who even cares about that? The original post I responded to was saying hurr durr:

>You are currently on Sup Forums.

who fucking cares? I like my life. Why would I want to be someone with tons of strangers talking about my work and my personal life? So I haven't made a influential indie folk album? Who cares? I haven't made a groundbreaking medicine discovery either but I don't care. I help people every day in my work and I'm satisfied with that. It's such a dumb fucking argument.

You seem to be taking that post really personal...

Almost as if you're actually a butthurt frustrated musician.

No, I mean I play the drums but not professionally. I'm not trying to be a musician at all if that's what you think. I was only butthurt because I am oddly enough the same age as Robin and it's silly to compare yourself to others. Just because we're on Sup Forums doesn't mean we've somehow failed in life lmao. I know the post was probably just shitposting but it still seemed to have glints of genuine beliefs and that is why I responded.

I mean, this album doesn't really have a "worst" song. The worst song on this album is still a 8 or 9 out of 10. Albums like this don't come around very often so enjoy

>The worst song on this album is still a 8 or 9 out of 10.
I agree with you but some may disagree with me on this but I can really only listen to this as a full album. Whereas I can play Grown Ocean, Lorelai, or Sim Sala Bim on their own, I don't really want to listen to most of the songs on Crack-Up on their own because it feels odd. The reason I agree that the worst songs on here are an 8 or 9 is that I feel the songs all work together as one piece. So it's hard to give the worst song below an 8 when it feels essential to such a great piece of music.

on another ocean is absolutely the best track
followed by fools errand and third of may

>I can really only listen to this as a full album
Same. Once I start I need to hear it all the way through. I don't want to miss one moment

blows my mind he wrote s/t at 22, my age. I wonder if I have such potential had I been raised musically.

they look so similar but robin is so much superior.

You can be as trained as you want, songwriting is in your bones

I wish I was 22 again man, go ahead and do some shit

Top:
Ocean
Fools
Third of may
Cassius

Good:
Naiads
Kept woman
I am all I need
Crack-up

meh:
Memphis
Keep time
Mearcstapa
Right now, Overall I feel an 8.5 for this album. FF is my favorite band

>Mearcstapa
>meh
You wot

>June part of On Another Ocean

Why is Robin so fucking good at these types of sudden changes my god

dylan wrote BIABH and H61 at 23 and BoB at 24, wilson wrote pet sounds at 24, wutang were around 22 with 36chambers

creative peak seems to be around that age

Leonard Cohen STARTED his music career at 33. There really is not a standard age for creative peak.

It's because the first album or two are your entire life in the making. It's the ultimate catharsis. Very rarely is an artist's best work after the third album. When it is they're one of the true greats. Next record will decide Robin's legacy one way or another.

What happens when your entire discography for +20 years is made up almost entirely of yearly 10/10 albums? Is MarKoz the GOAT?

Cohen's great but not a genius like Brian.

Kozelek is pretty brilliant, can't lie

Unpopular opinion: Kozelek has lightning in a bottle with this singtalk overlong monologue songs, Common as Light was a 9.5.

It's not even his best phase IMO. Old Ramon + Early 2000's Sun Kil Moon is Kozelek's Neil Young-type genius streak.

discuss.

I saw it on the other thread, I'm fucking mad

Oh fuck I saw this an hour ago. This guy Meshuggah and Naked City fuck it it's a 5.

>loving a 3-star track
>not loving a 5-star track
do you have a clear idea of wtf you're doing?