Ok, I'm a military veteran. I'm one of the lucky ones who didn't get deployed to war. I don't tell people that though...

Ok, I'm a military veteran. I'm one of the lucky ones who didn't get deployed to war. I don't tell people that though. I got an honorable discharge just the same.

Here's a red pill for you, Government and Civilians alike don't really give a shit about Military Veterans. It's a giant facade. I've seen it with my own eyes.

Exiting the Army, they tried to show us how to write resumes and interview tips. What did it matter? Like hardly any skills transfer over. Everyone outside of the military assumes you just shot things and grunted.

I tried to go to "military friendly" college. It turned out to be a for-profit college scam they just used me to get the GI BILL and the other financial aid I had access to. I ended up in debt with no degree to show for it. Republicans who pretend to be military friends take donations from these scam schools and allow them to continue ripping off veterans.

I was unable to find a job for a long time. I went to job interviews and job programs specifically for veterans: "Hire a Hero!", "We hire veterans", "Your Military job skills translate to a real job", and other bullshit sayings. Nope. Not unless you want to work for like 8 dollars an hour as a bagger for a super market, ironically where I started off before the Military.

Companies saying they accept honorable discharges like college degrees? Nope.

I thought I found a break A company I worked for for 2 years recently got taken over by a military wife. She was great at first, even gave me gifts out of nowhere. Then she divorced her husband and things changed. Out of nowhere, I got a layoff notice and told to train my replacement, no room for me.

Out of curiosity, I checked her facebook page today and saw that she did the 22 pushups challenge for the veterans that kill themselves a day. That's great and all but actions like the ones she did at her company are why they do.

I'd say if you think being a veteran will help you in life, its a bullshit story used to sell the military.

>Here's a red pill for you, Government and Civilians alike don't really give a shit about Military Veterans
what a big fucking surprise........
like all the previous wars and veterans didn't teach you shit.
it has always been that way and it will always be that way.
you earned every bit of misery thats coming your way for beeing a goddamn fucking stupid retard.

Op don't listen to this cum-guzzling fangle-twit. The military has been tricking people into joining for years with those fucking Bullshit ads. The least they could do is provide decent compensation for service. But neither republicans or democrats really seem to be working on that. funny how the political parties that always rage on about veterans being the backbone of our country really don't give a shit.

>The least they could do is provide decent compensation for service
why and for what reason should they? they just can always recruit new dumbfucks. why should they spend money on old and broken toys if the new ones are just rolling in?

i don't give a shit about patriotism and all that jazz. wave your flag and whatever makes you happy.

but if people don't realize that the government is using it's military as a literal meatshield to persue their own goals is pretty fucking dumb.

it's been that way since humans waged war.

> funny how the political parties that always rage on about veterans being the backbone of our country really don't give a shit.
even more of a reason. everyone who doesn't realizes this can get a bullet straight to the brain for all i can.

Same with culinary schools and those students paid a fucking lot for school while you got paid. So you saying you support Sanders and want free shit?

You're former military OP, not a veteran. Veteran's have been in combat.

>everyone who doesn't realizes this can get a bullet straight to the brain for all i can.
*care
also who took a shit in your shower?

USMC Veteran here
Companies just get tax breaks. Thats it.

Veterans really do get shit on. I used to be the hiring manager at a company that makes wood products. We had veterans hiring programs and all that. We got tax breaks for hiring veterans.

The trouble was that veterans usually made terrible employees. They're poor as hell so a lot don't have cars, they have trouble getting to work on time, and they're noticeably harder to train than others.

The government doesn't give them transferable skills, it just releases them and says fuck you. But veterans don't help themselves. They continue to rabidly support politicians who not only don't help them, but actively vote against them.

So what you're telling me is that I should not join the army

You're dumb as fuck, dog

>if i don't have a valid arguement i'm just gonna bash his grammar
well poroof me wrong. show me how you take care of your veterans and prevent them from falling through the grid? or provide them with psychological/physical aftercare?

He has a point you know

typical case of "you reap what you sow"

I fail to see why any employer or anyone else should care whether you've been in the military or not. You were paid to do a job, nothing more. Nobody owes you anything.

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across theUSAand your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

+1

Red pill for who?

Any other army faggots who live under a rock?

I'm not attacking you on your grammar
I'm attacking you for your existance

He doesn't
>define veteran

Eh. College is just an excuse to see if someone can commit to something long term. The military can be the same, however most veterans are usually on time and work through issues. Thats kust my opinion though.

Why should we be calling people who never seen combat 'war veterans' or veterans at all.

Fuck you

The problem is, OP, you can't just rely on military background alone. That's retarded. Military personnel have become such unionized crybabies that now there is a secret stigma pinned against us that we want handouts and shit cause "hurr durr u owe meh ur fredumbs" and shit when in reality nobody gives a fuck what you did in the service save for those who were directly impacted/involved in the military.

BUT, as shit as the military is, it DOES help you out SOMEWHAT getting into the real world again. You just need to be creative on what you use to describe yourself when talking to employers. Saying youre prior military and leaving it at that is honestly pretty fucking stupid and I've seen/heard a plethora of people do that. Market the habits you've had to build while serving (being on time, knowing how to work as a team/managing a small team [if you hit NCO while in], being able to be somewhere on time/early and waiting around for absolutely nothing to happen until a billion years later, being comfortable with doing fuck shit, etc,.) and demonstrating them while at work (people know a lot of the military is just a bunch of unionized fucks who wanna be welfare queens...BREAK THE STIGMA) and you'll be good to go.

As for college, you just chose a shit ass school. Sorry.

The military will give you some tools to succeed in life. It's a matter of not blowing them all.

>don't waste your gi bill
>don't blow all your money on booze and car leases when you're in. I knew a guy in the navy who saved 50k over 4 years
>do fucking research beforehand. There are plenty of jobs that translates to the civilian workforce

He's right through, I was going to join the military but after talking with 3 of my dad's friends who are vets I whole heartedly said nope to that shit and didn't join, and they're glad I didn't.

well okay.

here is a little something for you all to think about.

the decline of reputation of war veterans throughout history!!!

"oh wow, you fought in ww2. you stood your ground against adolf hitler, the personification of evil. come to school and talk to our kids about it. thanks for your service"

"you fought in vietnam? well, well that was a fucked up war with fucked up reasoning. good job on becoming a murderer"
first those vietnam veterans were used like flags, waving at parades and shit but shortly after they were nothing but murderers.

let's skip to modern history.
"oh you fought in the middle east? fucking retard"
let's be honest, fighting for political, territorial and economical (oil) reasons under the mantle of "FIGHTING TERRORISM" gets you shit in the 21st century.

if you can't grasp this much you're better of pushing carts at wallmart.

Because that's what we call people who served in the military? Is this rocket science? A veteran and a combat veteran are clearly two different things

Fuck I meant to respond to

>he wasnt a combay engineer who then went into the construction industry

Sucks 2 be u faggo

>

Thank you for your service. Your experience is actually better than the average male in this country. I have a Master's degree and drive a truck for a living. Stay away from opiates.

What ever makes you feel better. You sound like a fucking liberal.
>here's a fucking ribbon for your participation
Cuck

oh i forgot to mention this part.

you don't go through your shop thanking your hammer and screwdriver for working so good. so why should you be thankful to a veteran?

military is nothgin but a tool that has to work and if it doesn't you get rid of it.

simple as that, don't expect society to blow sugar up your ass to do your job.

You must be retarded, because I got hired on as a civilian in the same office and get 85k a year. If you were working at a gym and mad that you can only get hired at gyms that pay 8bucks an hour that is your problem. But I will agree that they don't care about us and that is why you use your TA when you are in and find a real college to get a technical degree when you get out. Anyone who fails life after they get out should get no sympathy because they are probably a shit bag.

Welcome to the club. DD214 don't mean shit outside of military. Medals and awards are great decorations, that's it.

Sorry you misunderstood the meaning of the word

Yeah you treat you tools like crap they rust. If you cant afford a new one... Gtfo.

I'm not a veteran, tho. I'm just trying to correct your dumbass misconceptions

I thank you. And i attempt to elect people who respect you and support you. But i have limited success in that. In the mean time, i appreciate both your risk and whatever burdens you carry. And i ashamed we treat you so disrespectfully. Please forgive us.

Well he sais he was a veteran not a combat veteran.

>didn't finish college
>thinks minimum wage jobs are beneath him

Military isn't college. If you're smart you can get a lot of training which could help build a resume but without a degree you're kind of screwed. The good news is a college degree is easy to get. Go to a 2 year college for almost free and transfer to a state college.

user...no

"service"

Oh yeah, even if you do deploy to a combat zone... still don't mean shit. just extra bars on you jacket sleeve.

>Webms
Most vets have never gone to war.

It all depends on your MOS OP. Guys that now do cyber warfare gigs are getting north of $100k in the private sector. I was 11B. No real translation to civilian life, so I did the cash grab. After I rotated back from Afghanistan, Iraq was just starting up. I ETS'd and signed up with Triple Canopy, and later Xe. I made more money per year than I did in 6 years in service. Yes I felt like an asshat for doing it, but you have to take care of yourself.

>If you cant afford a new one
ain't no problem for a country. there's always enough money to buy new "tools".

this

Why should you get special treatment because you did a job only knuckledraggers and people with literally no other options do? You fought for freedom? Nope, even if you had fought it would have been on the tax payers dime and for the advantage of faceless multinational corporations. I don't hate you user, but this respect for veterans shit is bullshit. Tl;Dr if you were in the army post ww2 then you were basically a low paid mercenary. Yeah, I said it.

Burrowing the way for the oil brigade

>redpill
This shit has been known for a LONG LONG time. You could have asked any vet from literally any war after WWII and even then and you would have been told this to your face. You say no one cares? No fucking duh no ones ACTUALLY cared about vets for generations. Not civilians, not the government, sometimes not even other vets especially when you're after the same job.

So I see two separate issues actually converging, Like this user said, In the past, the military was actually fighting for something: freedom, abolishment, independence etc. Nowadays, the military is just an industrial machine getting these fat fucking politicians money. Almost nothing honorable about invading Iraq for oil just because they MIGHT have wmds.

And also, most service people dont even fucking fight! Most marines are stuffing sandbags and driving trucks around. Whenever you do have combat, its just hiding behind a wall with guns 10x more powerful then the enemy and calling in a drone strike, Absolutely no prestige whatsoever.

So here's your problems you dumb fucks: Military people/veterans should be extreme patriots. They join the military because they love their country. Today's country is in such a shit state because of our greedy politicians (been this way since Eisenhower man), that I dont believe you when you say you joined because you love this country. I think you joined beause youre ignorant fuck and possibly brainwashed. and yea, you entitled snowflake asshole probably heard about all the benefits. you deserve your fate fuckead op

Seriously, this. Veterans might get shit on, but service isn't a goddamn golden ticket.

>Never even got deployed
>veteran
Top kek do you really call yourself a veteran?

Don't you get special parking spots at malls and stuff?

its why they get you when your young

>thinking about getting a masters in electrical engineering?
>good luck at becoming a professional dancer, fucking republicans

You joined the useless fucking army, and didnt train for any skills and now you're confused as to why you cant find a job.

YOU DONT HAVE SKILLS FAGGOT

Youre just as worthless as a chick with a gender studies degree that applys for sysadmin positions and blames republicans when she cant get hired

interesttingggg if true

Easy, don't hurt the Armyfag's fee-fees.

>ftw Chair Force pretty much certified me in information security

IDK I've met quite a few 'veterans' who still expect quite a lot of special treatment in there 30-50s

If they weren't getting special treatment by inserting that they were in the military... you think they would of figured it out by then?

Sounds like you brought your shitty existence upon yourself.

Holy fuck this is the dumbest shit I have ever read. OP is probably someone who scored less than 50 on his ASVAB. I am also a non-deployed veteran. However, I was in Military Intelligence. When on active duty I used tuition assistance to get a degree, since I wasn't deployed. Oh no I didn't get to hang out in the parking lot listening to Drake playing out of Joe's 2015 Camaro that he got from the nice man for 17%APR. Why didn't I though? I was inside studying. I was working towards a degree that pertained to my military training so I could get a job when exiting the military. I now work for a contracting firm making a little over $85,000/year as a single 22 year old male. That's because I didn't join to try to look cool. I joined because I knew I would get a Top Secret clearance and the skillset needed to make big bucks.

What was your MOS OP?