ITT: Post Musicians who died to early

Musicians who died to early.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5jmCiS1akNo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

jaco and captain beefheart

lol @ Beefheart in this context - Jaco should have died 10 years earlier, also

And why the fuck do you think Jaco should have died at 25? The fuck is the matter with you?

what did i tell you about replying to plebs user?

I just want to expose him as one of those tumblrinas who think dying young is glamarous.

i feel like he still had 3 or 4 decent albums in him.

More like 8 or 9, Elliot was world-class.
Pic related had like, infinity or 8 bajillion decent albums left in him.

ok, I was off by about 4 years with Jaco, but after Word of Mouth he was pretty much already done - of course assuming that this thread is about artistic accomplishment

in any case, Jaco was a husk when he died artistically

He may have been a husk but he just needed the proper help that he never ended up getting. He was a genius and I believe the creative fire in him could have been revived and he would maybe, just maybe, finish that steel pan album that probably would have changed the fucking world

This is a good one, even though the last few albums weren't very good. I think he just needed to slow down and re concentrate.

I often forget he died at only 28.

What were they earlying to?

3PAC
2Pac
Biggie
Big L
John Coltrane

Scott LaFaro and later, Bill Evans

He released Five Leaves Left, Bryter Layter, and Pink Moon all before age 24. Could you imagine his power levels at age 35?

By now he'd have released at least 3 symphonies.

>3PAC
the only musical death that has actually ever affected me

Charlie Parker died very young too.

Shh, let him rest.

Sunday at the Village Vanguard is G O A T

It's a damn shame, Bill was never the same after Scott died.

Man same, still devastated to this day hes gone

Clifford Brown at 25 in a car accident - one of the most talented jazz trumpeters of all time

youtube.com/watch?v=5jmCiS1akNo

Cause of death: Autism.

It's a blessing and a curse. Poor Nick couldn't handle it.

I never understood how a nerdy robot like Bill Evans could be also a degenerate smack addict.

>tfw to intelligent to die

epix

Way more than that, man. Elliott never wrote a bad song.

I felt like he could've released another modern punk classic

I mean, if I were a robot who constantly had to go out in public and perform in front of people, i'd probably do drugs too.

Everyone always says this but this was his peak. Watch Me Fall was so fucking bad, Jay was really cool but honestly, not that great.

seriously, i just don't get elliot smith

it just sounds so contrived, i don't know
what he seems to be going for to me is just this fake whimsical dude
then again i haven't listened in a long time
can you guys recommend an album to try?

Is that serj tankien?

Jim Croce

this guy

Uhm, hello? The progenitor of the modern rock band. Imagine what he would have done during the album era in the 60s. He died at 22.

Yume no naka.

Always makes me sad that his wife miscarried their only child while dealing with the stress of his death. She's still alive too.

This but with Eddie Cochran as well.

I didn't know that. That's terrible..

Also Waylon telling him he hoped his plane crashes as a joke, the guilt literally destroyed him.

That's kinda crazy to think that I'm one year older than he ever was and I'm still living at home while he was touring the country...

It was a different time, user. Don't put yourself down like that.

>literally
He exploded, did he?

Hell, when the Beatles put out Love Me Do, George was 19 and Paul was 20. It's not right to compare yourself to these people though. They're exceptional. Top percentile of human history.

fucking US healthcare.

Exploded into a lifelong addiction of coke and booze.

I agree with this

Mozart
Schubert
Kalinnikov
Arriaga

J. Joplin
Hendrix

>Mozart
It's funny to think most people consider him the GOAT and he hadn't even entered his prime

what's good about Jaco? what do you guys like?

Satie also went a bit too early

Start with his solo album first, then listen to Heavy Weather.

now that's a fucking album cover I can get behind

Oh get the fuck out. At least post someone like Charizma or Eyedea, someone who could actually spit.

Eazy-E was always a hack, let's be honest

>le enlightened euphoria bass savant

Honestly i wish i had this sort of optimistic spirit. Most people never get the spark back once its gone sad but the truth.

>being surprised by any jazz artist being a spoonhead

>fake whimsical dude
He was anything but fake, man. If you know his backstory, you know that he spilled his guts out and poured his soul into everything he ever recorded. Start out with pic related: Either/Or. It's considered his best and most accessible album.

His music is a lot more relatable if you're either a drug addict or fucked in the head, but you don't need to be either of those things to enjoy his fantastic guitar playing, haunting vocal harmonies, and clever lyrics. Good luck, user. Once you get into his music, you'll probably go on a year-long binge where you listen to nothing but him.

Is that supposed to make me feel better? Technology is so advanced that I've grown up with almost all knowledge accessible at my fingertips yet I'm still a loser with almost no skills. Buddy Holly had nothing like that he was a superstar at 22.

Buddy Holly is one of the most important and talented people to ever be born. You can't go comparing yourself to that tier of person, you'll only feel bad and pointlessly.

Jeff Buckley.

It still hurts

Sorry but you're wrong

Damn it, The Allman Brothers, Blues Rocks, and music in general could have gone to greater things if he didn't ride that damn motorcycle.

second for J. Reatard

SRV

Jimi Hendrix because he had many, many, many things in the pipeline that would've been actually very interesting, but died rather suddenly.

Bit of a pleb opinion, but Christina Grimmie if only because she had literally no reason to die other than some dude taking waifuism too far. Seriously, it's kind of a death that pisses me off because it was a musician's death that I ended up knowing because of some other hobby of mine (Competitive Smash Bros, she used to play it quite a bit, and dated one of the best Olimar players in the world, there are videos out there of her playing doubles with him and stuff like that). It just really pissed me off.

Part of me feels Hendrix's best work was behind him when he died and would continue to wank around for decades like the Who and Stones did. Not to say he didn't have a good album left but he just gives me this feeling. I could be totally wrong on this, but I guess we'll never know.

Should have lived just long enough to do the vocals for DMDS.

The thing about Hendrix was that while his best work might've been behind him, I do feel that the many collaborations he had planned were going to be influential even if the earlier albums were agreed to be the better ones. Comparing it to The Who, it's as if they had ended shortly after Tommy for whatever reason, and Townshed never getting to do Who's Next or Quadrophenia. In the long run it's not going to be all masterpieces and the debate would be open as to which are the better albums, but it would definitely be a few things which would actually matter in the musical scenario.

You have a point. I will say that Hendrix was a studio mastermind and even if he ran out of juice, he would be a visionary producer for other artists.

3PAC is a hack and you know it

stop

At the very least we'd get something with Jimi Hendrix, Miles Davis and Tony Williams produced by Alan Douglas, and at the best case scenario you throw Paul McCartney in too, plus a few others.

Basically, it's probably one of the deaths that just straight up cut us a bit short.

Yeah you've convinced me. Psych rock died with Jimi

Honestly I reckon we'd get psych jazz at the very least, and I don't know what sprouts up from then on.

It's a shame he died when he died. It would've been really exciting to see in what direction he would've taken Nirvana after the unplugged album. If the next album would've been more mellow and soft.

On the other hand we would not have gotten Foo Fighters.

Just the possibility of psych jazz gives me chills, Pharoah, Ayler, Trane and Alice went close with the Spiritual Jazz but not far enough.

If you can play an instrument, I think you might be able to get some people together to try and come up with psych jazz, if only to see how it sounds.

>On the other hand we would not have gotten Foo Fighters.

I know we got the worst deal

I'm sceptical about kurt these days

why is this?

In Utero makes me feel a bit ill. Kurt treated people badly spat in young fans faces. He didn't like his audience, which comes across

Speaking about Buckleys

He was a piece of shit junkie that just so happened to be very creatively talented. He sucked to be around and Courtney was worse.

>Post Musicians

is that the genre they fit in?

Wow you should do standup

Jim Morrison, obviously

t. meme opinions

The one I always disagree with
L.A Woman is untoppable

The majority of his audience came from a completely different culture, and that shows.

Kurt would stay up all night to write to his fans, his preferred audience of underground-favoring music.

>defending spitting in the face of a kid who loves your music and looks up to you
I'm glad culture means so much to you you fucking hipster go write a Vice article about it. Christ.