So now that the dust has settled, what went wrong?

So now that the dust has settled, what went wrong?

17 years of emotional stability

The music and lyrics got better, but the genuine feeling is gone. it's more of "i wrote sad lyrics because i have to" rather than "i wrote sad lyrics because i'm sad"

This. I think the lost energy as well because none of the songs popped like Nothing Meant or Honestly. There wasn't anything bad just nothing memorable. I listened to it like 5 times the day it came out and all I can remember now was that there was a song with Ghost in the title and there was a song or two with a lot of chorus on thre guitars.

Emo music is for teenagers and should be made by teenagers, not 40 year old stock brokers.

made too late

It was a cash grab.

the chinese did it better

took them 17 years to get inside the house lol

still better than 90% of records that came out last year

I had forgotten this album existed.

never heard of it

is not that bad

this

lol

I'm a huge fan of the original. Part of me doesn't want to listen to this because I hold the first album so dear because its perfectly representative of a specific time and frame of mind that you share with the band. I might give this album a listen 16 years from now, hoping for a more complete intimate experience.

It's not bad but it's certainly not even close to what people wanted from another American Football album.

Nothing meant is my fucking jam

I loved this album to be honest. I saw them live a couple weeks ago, and the new songs live were great. Whole crowd seemed to enjoy it as well

here comes a new challenger!

the best owen is better than american football

kek

It's too fucking polished. Not saying the production on the first LP was terrible in a lo-fi way, but the way the album sounds has an entirely different feeling sonically from the first one.

The vocals just aren't the same, and what says rings too true.