Xanax

xanax

i am a beginner to benzodiazepines, and im here for advice and knowledge

i have read up on beginner doses, and have come to the conclusion that 0.5mg or 1mg should be good for a beginner. what do you think?

i have also read that you dont achieve recreational value before you have a tolerance to xanax, i dont know if this is true, but if it is, how would i go about doing this? getting a tolerance, and getting the dosages right? i don't want to take a lot of xanax to get a tolerance and then a recreational dose.

what are the long term effects of xanax?
i'd like to hear what you have noticed from experience, and what the long term effects are in general.

if you have any tips, advice or just something to add, feel free.

thanks

Take 0,50, otherwise you'll pass out
Protip: Benzos are boring as shit, just a slight euphoria the first 20 minutes, then you just get tired of feeling nothing.
Xanax withdrawals are lethal btw.

Don't fucking start unless you're prescribed it.
It's not worth it user. Not recreationally.

when does one start getting withdrawals?

Take at least 2mg, not 1.
As for tolerance, if you do the same amount for a few days you will need to double your dose. If you are trying to get high at least. Don't do them every day or you'll just start wasting them trying to get high.

If you're just starting, anything above 1mg is going to drop you.

Do not take these damn things recreational. They are one of the deadliest drugs to withdraw from.

As far as feeling nothing, personally I don't think that's true. When I did them, I simply didn't care about stuff that normally bothered me and my inhibitions were significantly lower.

If you take it every day for at least a month.
Also, if you have withdrawals once, then you'll suffer the same again after touching 1 pill, it doesn't matters if you were clean for 6 months.
So take my advise and don't fuck with benzos.

>Take at least 2mg
Are you crazy? That's a lot for a first timer, he'll just pass out

You'd have to be doing it for weeks straight doing a lot every day. Don't worry about withdraw. I had hundreds of bars and never withdrawed doing them every day.

Well, Benzos are quite "interesting" for people that are stressted, shy or suffer from anxiety. To them this feeling is a real strong buzz. And these are the people who easily get hooked on benzos.

can already happen after a few weeks with daily consumption

Lmao maybe if you're a middle school girl.

Benzos are not good recreationally. They aren't even very good medicinally. You acclimate to them very quickly, and they are highly addictive.

You're better off getting a smoking habit all things considered, i shit you not.

Truth.

Only a fool would do them every day for long periods of time. Safer than cigarettes too...

Well, there are millions of fools out there who are addicted to benzos.

I am not just fucking around being silly here. Yeah, cigarettes cause lung cancer, no shit. But cigarettes MAINTAIN their effectiveness long term, benzos if you do them for any length of time completely lose their effectiveness and are hell to come down off of.

This is not an advertisement for cigarettes as an antidepressant or antianxiety alternative, it's a condemnation of benzos.

Yeah listen to this guy, same is true for alcohol and I've been through the DT's several times. Benzo and Alcohol withdrawal are similar and not something you want to experience.

Save them for when you really really need to calm down (if you were prescibed them). I wouldnt take them every day or to try to get high. I have before, it just knocks me out.

I wouldnt take more than 2-3 a week spaced out a few days.

how addictive is xanax?

I've been doing them almost daily for almost 10 years. Ask your questions.

I personally don't care if a million dumb people just die right now. That being said. I would not take them.

Insanely addictive. It happens FAST, and withdrawals are among the worst for ANY drug.

Best advice: Stay away from them. Stay very far away.

You're better off doing something else for recreation. I've had a klonopin script and xanax before and while it's a miracle for anxiety it's neither a long lasting reprieve nor that fun. If you have anxiety just pop one every time you're having an attack or problems.

what if it is only taken once every 1-2 weeks? or once a month?

don't do it. withdrawal is hell.
took me over 4 months of microtapering to get off.

Dunno. I suspect that's infrequent enough to not be a problem.

But watch out. Maybe you're only 5 days from the last time, and you think, "It'll be cool. No worries."

And then you're 3 days from the last time. "I'm sure it'll be fine."

And the next thing you know, it's everyday, and you're addicted.

I take .5mg when I'm smoking weed, because it keeps me from getting paranoid. Makes everything go by so well.

My doctor prescribed me 0.5mg. All it does is makes me really relaxed and sleepy, so I go for a nap after taking it

I like klonopins better. Not as strong mg for mg, but they last a lot longer. And like everyone is saying don't get addicted to them. I kind of alternate between them and opiates, and avoid addiction to either. Never mix the two, especially at high dosages.

The flaw with taking these things for anxiety is that it's impossible to tell the difference between "I NEED this to function" and "I really want this to function." It's the exact same sensation. It's just a matter of opinion.

And unless you keep an IRON grip on the frequency of when you take it, and go without it even if you "think" you need it more often, you are heading into a downward spiral.

And worst thing is, if you DO really need it more often, you can't really use it, because you risk getting addicted to it.

Fucking awful drug. End up having anxiety about your goddamn anti-anxiety drug.

benzos are a stupid thing to get high on. you can't remember shit, and the withdrawals can kill you. and even if they don't kill you, you feel fucked up for like a month once you stop taking them.

ok, I've been taking xanax for a couple of years now and I can tell you, if you are using them just for the lulz, it doesn't worth it, but, if you are using it to control anxiety you can start with 1mg (2mg if your case is severe)
If you are feeling very anxious, take half pill and put it under your tongue and leave it there for about 3 minutes and then swallow the pill with some water, it will take effect faster.

Benzos like alprazolam are not very likely to be used recreationaly and it can totally be addictive and lethal if you go cold turkeys on them.

if you feel that 2mg are to high and you feel dizzy lower that to 1mg per day.

when I started with my treatment I was taking a 4mg bar per day, now I'm taking aprox 0.5 to 1mg.

Pro-tip: if you wanna have a good night of sleep, take 0.25 mg before bed and smoke a bowl of weed.

cons of Xanax:
brace yourself for some fuck up nightmares.
remember, this is a downer, so you better find a physical activity you like cause you are gonna gain weight if you don't do anything about it.

>Advice

stick to weed and dont become a junkie

Just fucking take one and see how it feels for the first time to gauge how it'll be with more

Or better yet dont do any unless you need it

Lol.

I know weed is harmless, and everyone knows that, trolls notwithstanding, but naked lunch moment.

"Don't become a junkie, smoke weed all the time."

Minor lol.

I didnt tell him to smoke it all the time though grandpa

I know i know. It's just... read what you just wrote. 10 or 20 years ago it would have been a ludicrous statement.

I felt more miserable giving up weed than I did coke. Don't kid yourself into thinking it's completely harmless. No it's not on the same level as heroin, but once you get into heavy longterm use, giving it up isn't so easy, or painless.

I did read what I wrote and I see nothing wrong with it, i'm just giving him a suggestion that may or may not help in the end, if OP wants to get addicted to pills or whatever that's not my call. There's just safer things to use recreationally, or better yet nothing at all. I dont see how wanting OP to take a safer route makes me a minor lol

Everyone is different

true!

as well, go easy when drinking, don't take any benzo at least 3 hours before drinking alcohol and don't take benzos during a hang over.

Start with .5
I just took some a couple hours ago because tachardiya lel I'm feeling good now. Use it as needed, daily use will fuck you up and waste money. Withdrawals are hell.

I just said i know weed is harmless. It's just silly on its face to say "Don't be a junkie, smoke weed." Or maybe you're so young you weren't around to get the feeling that that is a ludicrous statement. We know NOW that that is a totally reasonable statement. But only a couple decades ago, it would have been an oxymoron.

Permanently braindead Xanax addict detected. Don't take 2mg first time, it's not dangerous you'll just feel lazy as fuck and act retarded like this guy.

When I was 18 I lost my family. I got on Xanax bad. Didn't want to feel anything. I'd always pass out and people around me would steal from me thinking I wouldn't know. Come Christmas time I took 30 bars and a methadone and ended up robbing 30 places but only caught on 4. Xanax is a shit drug because it can make you turn into a wild nigger and everyone think they can pull a fast one on you.

Just don't. Honestly....

When I was little and had no sense I took a whiz on an electric fence. It hurt so bad, shocked my balls, then I took a crap in my overalls.

That's beautiful. How many Xanax did you take?