youtube.com/watch?v=mGI9Y-Yg2W8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>uh...OK
>
>
>let me get my musical saw

*turns amp volume to max*
*sets adsr to filter on full resonance*
*presses key and watches the blood fly out of peoples ears as the synth screams*

>"you asked for it"

Time to blast out a panic rendition of wonderwall

I absolutely fucking hate this. I play mostly heavy metal on guitar and can't sing for shit, and I make intentionally weird electronic music that no one could ever like. They mean well by asking, but it will just be awkward and embarrassing for both of us.

Stop fucking smiling.

i can't make music at home
i'm basically too poor to make music
unless i literally write songs in public
do you even know how music works

It's not that hard to explain that to them right?

>telling people outside of the music industry that you make music

absolutely no point

I actually want to listen to your stuff, I'm looking for weird metal

Obviously it is because they always want to hear it anyway. Best bet is to never let anyone find out that you play/make music.

If they insist on hearing it, then they can't blame you if its weird or whatever.
I dont really mind showing normies weird music at all

No. I don't like people hearing my music, I don't even know why I make it.

well yeah, making music and not letting anyone hear it seems kinda pointless
u do u tho

I mind for selfish reasons. People have certain expectations of how things should sound and if it is too far from that they will think you just don't know how to do it properly.

fine
youtube.com/watch?v=mGI9Y-Yg2W8

I just like learning how to do it and feeling like I've created something unique. I have a simultaneous superiority and inferiority complex so the thought of someone judging me on something they don't really understand triggers me in a number of different ways.

It's too complicated a piece at the moment to perform

I understand that feeling, but it kinda went away when I approached art with the same mindset with wich I approach graphic design. Like I have to make the spectator feel something in particular, and if he doesn't feel that, I'm the one who failed
your aproach is not wrong at all, the only thing that matters is that it must feel rewarding to you
keep creating

I unironically just play All Star

That's a nice way to view things, maybe I should try that mindset.

>not putting on your mixtape

> How did you get in my house? Wait, before you go, let me rig up my entire mic collection to sample your footsteps and the sound of the door. Also, wear shoes that produce different frequencies on linoleum if possible.

yikes

honestly if you claim to be a musician and can't pull out an instrument and play, or even talk about your work in front of people then what the fuck is the point of calling yourself a musician. or even an artist.

you guys need to stop being such pussies and embrace your talent. people will enjoy, and if not, at least appreciate what you can do. so how about you remove your balls from that dusty jar at home, huh?