Friendly reminder to guitarists on Sup Forums that the tone comes from your hands and to stop worrying about how...

Friendly reminder to guitarists on Sup Forums that the tone comes from your hands and to stop worrying about how expensive your amp or guitar is.
A good guitarist sounds good regardless of his gear because his hands are what makes the sound.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=f8eDc0iE0A8
youtube.com/watch?v=96WrTWE4Mz4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>not having a fucking clue how electromagnetic signals and power amplifiers work

implying buckethead is good

I don't believe there is a guitarist alive on this green earth of ours who is even close to him.

You know what I meant.

youtube.com/watch?v=f8eDc0iE0A8
There's a video of Jeff Loomis playing on one of the shittiest amps ever made and proving it's him and his hands that makes it sound good.

I've heard nothing of his music. Why is he so good?

Yeah, equipment is irrelevant, that'll be why he's using a Les Paul.

It still sounds too saturated and weak as hell, there's a reason they put there drums and bass so it covers up some of the terrible tones coming out of that amp. Not to mention the mixing/mastering.
Any ugly woman can be at least half-decent with good makeup skills

You're right, it's in your hand mostly. But without a proper amplifier you're screwed if you can't achieve the sound you're aiming for.
When I make music I want it to be "that's the tone I was looking for" instead of "well that'll do I guess"

But skill is not enough. He has like 2-3 good albums only out of the hundreds

Let's be honest though, there's nothing sadder than an amateur musician with more than two guitars.

>I don't believe there is a guitarist alive on this green earth of ours who is even close to him.
Julian Bream is still alive.

Amen, brother. Here's a little proof from the master.

youtube.com/watch?v=96WrTWE4Mz4

Excactly. Gibsons are shit.

this is true

i don't much but he does play some pretty complex solos and riffs you can tell he's as talented as a guitarist gets technique wise, put's out a stupid amount of music look at his discography on wikipedia

Yup

Julian Bream
John Williams
Craig Ogden

but I guess they don't play ebin rock music

>Excactly. Gibsons are shit.
Have a first (You) on me.

oh thank you so much sensei, i don't know how would i ever played if it wasn't for you, you saved my life

Not true at all. I still have my shitty 10w Kustom amp I got when I was 12 and first starting learning guitar. Anything played out of that sounds like pure ass compared to my Line 6 Spyder.

Either one of these guys.

A charming sentiment. And a good thing to tell oneself to curb gear queering. Buuuuuuuut, the wood, strings, pickups, and amps play a pretty big role in it to. My opinion is that the most important, after fingers if you will, is strings.

Ya, that is why all the best guitar players aren't picky at all about what they use. Don't be stupid.

Gear won't make a good player, but if you put serious time and effort into being good at playing, especially electric, you might as well put some time and effort into getting proper gear that performs and sounds how you like. Almost all the best guitar players are also into gear to some good degree. It would be like a builder not being interested in tools.

Bump

No shit fucktard
kill all indie folk/singer-songwriters