If this album was released by literally anyone else this board would be cumming all over it. Discuss

If this album was released by literally anyone else this board would be cumming all over it. Discuss.

I don't listen to music.

DUDE
POPTIMISM
LMAO

Adele, Ed Sheeran, Maroon 5, Harry Styles are like, soooooooooo good ZOMG xD

if it was released by anyone else, nobody would have heard of it.

This

>If this album was released by literally anyone else this board would be cumming all over it.
No they wouldn't.

I'm giving it a shot right now, and this the kind of typical pop rock that Sup Forums usually shuns because it sounds too mainstream/polished anyway.
Dude can sing, though.
But like, this board doesn't care about Adele, why would they care about this?

Im saying in every one of these viral marketer threads, he needs some depth as a human being and personality.
I actually applaud him for making a sort of rock song in this insane environment were pop and rap are jerked off by yuppie music journalists.
That being said, i think what the other poster said is correct, if anyone else made this nobody would have heard it.

Dude needs to get weird, needs to sing about a Japanese girl he wants to fuck across the sea or how wants his semen to stain the mountain tops.
Needs to create funny meme's like john lennon the mad man.jpg.
Needs to have a pap pic of him wearing a Tago Mago shirt.
Needs some cosigns from animal collective, lcd soundsystem, and possibly thom yorke the most rare pokemon.

I think cumming over it is a bit far. It's as good as anyone could have reasonably expected from a one direction member, but it's not exactly revolutionary.

harry cant just make an album and expect to be welcomed into the kool kids klub.

He needs to prove he has indie cred, especially because he is some faggot boy bander.

This song, his retarded one direction fans will buy it.

Hipsters will "meh" at most towards it.

the viral marketers are back

and once the indie cred is established, he needs to create THE album, that separates him from the one direction past. build hype.
And it needs to get a 9 or 10 from p4k.
And he needs like brian eno to produce or some shit

It's boring. End of story.

laffed

these pretty much
and i quite liked the album, but if he does these steps he will go down as one of the goats

>a sort of rock song
dude the album is out
or are you talking about a specific song from the album?
im kinda lost

I give it a B or B minus. Keep in mind he didn't write a single one of these songs on his own, so he probably doesn't have the confidence to actually become a respectable solo artist.

>he didn't write a single one of these songs on his own
what a surprise for a guy who started off as a singer and then went on to become world famous for it
you cant expect a 23 year old singer who pretty much only sang during their career to write all of the arrangements

Yeah I actually really enjoyed it. 7/10

reminder harry styles viral marketers are literally present on Sup Forums. his album is complete bland tripe but hes so desperate to be accepted by people who like music he's actually paid a few mates to shitpost here

>he's actually paid a few mates to shitpost
wEW

You know it's super deep becuz the cover doesn't look like a pop album

If it was released by someone else, it would be lost in the sea of mediocrity like most other albums. But for him, mediocrity gets rave reviews from poptimists.

delete this

How can any of you believe this is actually viral marketing, or anything else on this board for that matter
Nobody cares about this shithole
Take of your tinfoil hats

not really no. it's the generic "guys i'm a totally 'serious' and 'mature' artist now look!" move that categorically fails unless you're justin timberlake. here it's because it's really not at all interesting aside from the fact he was in a boyband, it's just generic pop rock with a slight retro-vibe to appeal to people who think of themselves as mature and to moms, and he has the fucking audacity to align himself to prince, likely just because he died last year. it's way more insincere than any boy band could be

this

at least one directions music was catchy

das why i said earlier why he needs to sing about how much he wants to bang asian chicks or ann frank

Really like the last track though, unexpected by a boy-bander. Even Justin didn't go all sad, introspective folky.

Gave me For Emma feels.

Justin Timberlake, i meant not Justin Vernon