Is there any GOOD lo-fi hip hop?

is there any GOOD lo-fi hip hop?

(the 'chill' meme genre, not classic lo-fi hip hop)

inb4 tomppabeats

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/wintertme/surflikethis
youtu.be/NeWtHbtCwpA
mega.nz/#!85Uj1TjJ!WVpiuqizzprhAcMmZZ1eS4MGIpU-CuT4LUXqR97DD1o
youtube.com/watch?v=13uTZ57GoSU
youtube.com/watch?v=MX7Xx_iDKAs
youtube.com/watch?v=0DSLIEY_a7E
youtu.be/5tJQTqFu9hY
youtube.com/watch?v=-DgsNqtYg-Y
youtube.com/watch?v=JIRBr4PszoQ
youtube.com/watch?v=vopUY9x-6DM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>I like listening to chill music with a good beat
people who listen to lo-fi hip hop are insufferable

that's the implication. I'm trying to see if there actually is any good stuff in the genre. the answer is probably not, but I want to be proven wrong

Have you tried listening to tomppabeats?

jar jar jr. he actually manages to pull off some sweet remixes every once in a while.

>ifunny.co
>lo fi hip hop
underage

Lo-fi chill hip-hop is just endless variations of the same handful of tracks. It's nice to zone out to sometimes but it's borderlime muzak at worst.

Coin locker kid

>>I like listening to chill music with a good beat
what's fundamentally wrong with that tho
u dont like chillin or what

Once again, Sup Forums!

Your pitiful attempt to pass off this shit-tier elevator music as an "interesting sound" or "easy listening" never ceases to amaze me.

How people so dedicated to subdividing genres one into another could manage to consume the same recycled avant-garde formless drivel is beyond my station to comprehend, and I sincerely hope that some day, you meme-guzzling hipster children will go back to basics and listen to critically-acclaimed, tried and true music, of which there is so much of. Study music's evolution and history in the decades preceding this one before diving into these literal meme musicians.

Come on!

You want to relax? Put on some Iron Maiden for 4 hours, and then sit down listening to no music afterwards.

jesus christ you are a presumptuous arse-twoddle

it just sounds so...
FUCKING ANNOYIJG TO ME
>lmao chill music with a good beat what is a genre

are you a sad anime boy, who needs to listen to something chill while studying?

(jinsang's not too bad)

I like this comparison

soundcloud.com/wintertme/surflikethis

wintertime fosh

Like most of it is so inoffensive I can't see any reason to actively hate it but I also can't see any reason why anyone would be super passionate about it.

The only good ones are Coubo and Tokimonsta to a degree

Is this a fresh pasta?

I don't feel like Tokimonsta really belongs with this, I see the comparison but I'd group her more with like Flylo, Teebs, Shlohmo, Daedalus and that general crowd. Her good stuff predates the lo-fi hip-hop trend.

This is dope right here

>Aloysius Scrimshaw

youtu.be/NeWtHbtCwpA

>Post-Experimental
>Experimental Hip-Hop
>Lo-fi Hip-Hop

Pic related. I'm not sure we're thinking of the same thing when you say "lo-fi hip hop", but it has some vinyl hiss, samples ye olde, is beats. And it's actually good.

Only if it didn't come in a box.

b.sdu is nice
tomppa is actually really good

the way you type is fucking annoying to me so I guess we're even

Viper, mostly because he's ACTUALLY lo-fi. Not generic beat + vinyl scratches and anime picture.

bsd.u's new LP, his best yet imo

bsd.u - pook (2017, 320)

no sharethread at the moment so i'll post it here
>mega.nz/#!85Uj1TjJ!WVpiuqizzprhAcMmZZ1eS4MGIpU-CuT4LUXqR97DD1o

what is wrong with some anime gif with repetive music? it's better than watching some nigger rapping, while there are people who listen that kind of shit here
youtube.com/watch?v=13uTZ57GoSU

A lot of the Deli's shit is pretty ok

you are critiquing the visual aspect of a music genre you realize

literally every song is the exact same

One day, your corpse will rot in the ground. Some days after that, nobody will remember you or your taste or style of self-expression. You are nothing and you will become less than nothing.

thanks bro, didnt know there was a new one
as far as 'lofi hiphop' goes its by far the least annoying meme genre of the past few years. good shit to smoke to at least. thank god vaporwave is dead

i can agree, but i as far as i like it i don't really mind.

hi frank didnt know you posted on /moo/

Hijacking this thread to ask for the electronic music version of this

G L U E 7 0
L
U
E

I took a break from studying a couple weeks ago and my roommate offered me a point of molly. I took it and about 45 minutes later, we rolled through a quaint midwestern city looking for some open fast food joints.

This is what was playing. It took me a long ass time to find it, but I happened to bump into it this morning and wanted to share.

youtube.com/watch?v=MX7Xx_iDKAs

what the fuck dude i opened this thread to post this
i had pretty high fever a few months ago and this song sounded like it came from heaven

Please stop calling digitally produced FL Studio SoundCloud hip hop lofi

If it wasn't recorded on cassette, it is not lofi.

THIS is lofi.

Can't tell if trolling or autistic sperg lord turbo-virgin faggot...

frank got his start because of mu

Fuck off you normie retard you don't know anything about music

youtube.com/watch?v=0DSLIEY_a7E
does this count

>Low fidelity or lo fi (adjectival form "low-fidelity" or "lo-fi") is a type of sound recording which contains technical flaws that make the recording sound different compared with the live sound being recorded, such as distortion, hum, background noise, or limited frequency response.

hey bro u wanna chill i found this sweet playlist on soundcloud i got a couple nuggs if you wanna sm0ke alright text me back whenever

And guess what? Those sounds are only able to be properly recreated on analog recording, ie tape. Digital lofi is artificial and easily detectable.

Fuck off /r/HipHopHeads

I like Baaskat

the latter
shiggy diggy

never been to that site. pretty huge leap to assume that by pasting the definition of lo-fi i must browse a specific subreddit. you are confusing "original pure lo-fi sound that naturally was recorded like that!!!" and lo-fi sounds.

most of it is dull but there are a few gems
youtu.be/5tJQTqFu9hY is my personal favorite

How has no one mentioned Nujabes yet?

Here is a kind of underrated lo-fi hip hop favorite for me.

youtube.com/watch?v=-DgsNqtYg-Y

youtube.com/watch?v=JIRBr4PszoQ

youtube.com/watch?v=vopUY9x-6DM

It really drops off in the second half though.